Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR- Sourlemon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

1. Your Name: [C3] Sourlemon

2. Ban ID: STEAM_0:1:34190735

3. Banned by: [L²] Daley

4. Server: v4b1 RP

5. Ban Reason: 19.2 Do not promote anything conflicting with the rules in adverts, broadcasts, laws or by other means.

6. Why should you be unbanned?: Obviously I meant no harm by what I said, and I was just joking. And under the same circumstances, me and another user got a largely different punishment. I received a week long ban for what I said, and another user only got a warning. I had already been told to stop by an administrator, which I did, but I still received a ban.

8. Evidence: [Image: 2af28a9897d6454d85d3e3374fc16fbf.png] (https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-15023.html)

9. [Image: IEIaOHI.jpg]
The staff-members have received your unban-request, SourLemon.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Please avoid bumping your own reports and appeals, unless it has been an extreme amount of time without a first response (A week, month, etc.)
My comments could be taken in any context, as the ones you've shown don't reference woodcutting.
(Apr 11, 2017, 02:13 PM)ExorbitantCorgi Wrote: [ -> ]My comments could be taken in any context, as the ones you've shown don't reference woodcutting.

I was talking about woodcutting as well but as we see that doesn't really matter.
Dear  

I have reviewed the situation. And I still stand with my decision. While at first it was a clear joke, you continued, and overstepped. I issued you a suspension, since I saw it as the only proper course of action. We cannot allow players to encourage rule breakages, and give players the means to do so. Allowing this behavior to go unpunished, would make it seem alright in the eyes of other players.  Punishment is up-to the issuing staff members discretion.

The evidence provided has been deemed insufficient. Thread will be left open for a short period of time, to either provide new evidence, or to give you time to respond.

The ban will remain on your record for now.

Apologies for the delay, if you have any further questions, please feel free to post them.

Sincerely,

LimeLight Gaming Administrator, and General Liaison.
My issue with this is that another administrator was speaking with me, and gave me a verbal warning to stop or face consequences, yet when I did exactly as I was told, I received a week long ban, which for a first ban and for something as harmless as this is VERY excessive. There are man other forms of punishment you have as an administrator then just banning someone for some harmless words. You didn't even speak with me before you decided to ban me, not even in OOC telling me to stop.
You have had plenty of opportunities to stop. And had been told by several players. With the amount of hours you have, you should know the rules, and not break them. They are not harmless.
I am willing to cut you a deal, ban can be removed from your record, however, if a similar rule is broken, the punishment will be considerably more severe.
What would a similar rule be? Exploiting? Or are we just going to use this so I get banned for a year for something silly?
I'm giving you a chance here, don't waste it. And no, not exploiting, encouraging other players to break rules. Take it or leave it.
[Image: t6Eofsn.jpg]
Alright. Concluded. Ban will remain on record.