Limelight Forums

Full Version: [Free Distribution] Murdock Co. Buisnesses and Public Places
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings my fellow citizens,
Id like to introduce you to my newest Company "Murdock Co." To give you a brief overwiev of what Murdock Co. is about here is a little Q.A as well as a brief history:

History:
The first businesses opening of the Murdock Family were years ago in various citys all across Evo County. Without a general struckture like the one we hope to create now, we used to run small foodtrucks simplistic gunshops and similar small dealerships. As time went by and more revenue was made, further and larger business were added like "Joes Diner", its larger companion  the Murdock Diner, the Channel 5 Studio and our latest business opening the Waterfront Bowling Alley. As Murdock Co. is interested in a keeping evo citys economy on a healthy and busy level most of our buildings are provided free of any cost to any enthusiastic entrepreneur that wants to start a business using one of our facilitys.
[dupes can be found in the public folder "murdock co"]

List of current businesses (might be split up in seperate replys - as well as this list will change and is always considered to be wip)

the following buildings are (with 2 exeptions) done and functional. Not all of the listed Construction will be made public. Some might be kept in private use to the company. Most businesses however will be distributed free of charge.
The publishing of some instalations might be dealt with through personal contact to avoid any abuse/exploit. Depending on your behavior you might get blackliste/excluded from the participation or usage of some of the assets.
Rules for the distriubtio will be published below once they have been established.
Please understand that it will take me a while to propperly publish the information (as well as in some case) the dupe itselve to the forum/the public folder.

Waterfront Bowling alley
Joes Diner
Martins Diner
McMurdocks/Murdocks Foodtruck (capable of mobile deployment)
Channel 5 Studios
Top Street Security Office
Industrial Impound Lot
AmmuNation
DTM Cardelaership & Customs
Puzzles Bar&Jazzclub (upcomming)
List of Current Government Buildings and Public & Residential Spaces

Waterfront PD / Highwaypatrol
189 Downtownroad (Police Department)
Firehouse 22 (avaible in 3 versions)

Medical Tent
Public Libary (in planning)
Soccer field

Questions and Answers regarding the Distribution:

Q: What is this project about?
A: This project is ment to provide anyone, wether he is a complet rookie or limelight veteran with some suitable dupes to start an rp. Therefore this project bundles any of my building projects under one common structure, eneabling me to propperly present and distribute them to you.

Q: Distributions
A: Most of those businesses are provided for free - The dupes will be obtainable from the "murdock_co" folder that is located in the advanced duplicators public folder.
I recently thought about putting a bunch of older 30-40 prop buildings into a public folder (inclduing the foodtruck, Joes Diner and most likely the "csa government assets). The distribution will be fore free as i find it more rewarding to find my buildings (which i usually put a fair ammount of afford in) to get popular and therefore in frequent use, rather them have them rotting somehwere because of any prices. While i do appreciate donations or whatever i think it would be more beneficial for all of us if even a complete beginner with struggles or barely any time to set up a complex build has the opportunity to at roleplay with some premade projects. Besides i simply like to see the city flurish a little. There are already plenty of people with nice decorations and businesses. Just imagine what it would be like to see empty spaces like dtm grassys etc. to be filled with a little bit more life.
Large dupes (my 90 prop versions) migt however be either distributed directly or will be kept on hold depending on the situation (the police station for some weird reason got bugged with the public ad - i apologise)

Questions and Answers regardign misc. subjects

Q: Revenue.
A: Depending on the rp-setup our businesses will work on a profit. Eg. a diner - just like any other Diner will seel food just slightly above its market value. However everything depends on the specific business and circumstances. Some buisness might be distributed for free or offered for rent (deployment). Some employees will get an extra paycheck - some are seek to be volunteers. At the end however this structure does not serve as a profit based project. Plenty projects will still be for free or on "rp"-prices (like 10$ for a bowling session)

Q: Does this change anything?
A: mostly not. Just like explained above the main purpouse for this company is to have a common ground for forum post and larger acivitys. Its not going to become a clan nor are any of my current policys and prices (if existent) changing

Q: Money
A: While I do appreciate dontaions and financial support the main purpouse of my company is to entertain our fellow citizens including me. Dont hesitate to stop by any Murdock Co. Business. Most of the prices (expsecially if no production costs [food,weapons etc.] is involved  will remain symbolic. As i want everyone to have the oppurtunity to use any of our services. Depending on the scenario sallarys for employees therfore might have to be cut although those are always negotiable.

Q: Upcomming acitivitys.
A: as a company Murdock Co. is interested in launchin larger events using its current and future projects. At the moment things like a bowling turnament or a further music show are planned. Those, depending on how spontaious and important theyll be will be set up as propper events.

Q: How do i get involved?
A: Respond to the adverts ingame. Whenever staff is needed adverts will be made ingame. It also works to apply on your own initiative by simply swining by one of the active busineeses even though it might be possible that depending on the situation those applications could be denied or accepted for other duties then the one applied for (unless you d be interfering i most likely give you a job anyways)

Q: The CSA government assets
A: "CSA government assets" was my first attempt to provide free government dupes etc. However it partially struggled, the large dtm-station got bugged and im not sure wether all the dupes were included in the folder. As they were constructed by the Murdock family a copy of them will be included in the my upcomming public folder.

Q: Family?
A: To keep the realism differen business should hopefully be run by seperate people althougn (as seen in the recent news) character names might not allways be altered as im sure you understand that after 700h all my Martin, Joe, Steve and Bob Murdocks would be burried in a giant family cementary by now and sometimes you simp,y forget to change the name or stick with an well known one (like "Alex Warren" "Mia Swarzn" "Wesley Lawrence".. or "Martin Murdock") Ill try to put some attention towards its realism though.

Q: Change?
A: Depending on how things go this structure my alter. The company and the family might expand. Further Projects will be added. Patnership and "contracts" could be made (although theres very slight interested in money). And perhaps itll transform into a clan (as such structures would be more usuall to be found in one - even though id could imit my current options)

Rules, Blacklist and other

Rules for any publicly or privately distributed project:
The Buidings and constructions provided by Murdock Co. are ment for responsible public use. Therefore the follwing rules are needed and seem to be self evident:
  1. I (MrMarsh aka Martin Murdock) created all those buildings listed. Do not take credit for them. Since they are publicy listed your fraud will easily be detected anyways.
  2. As the creator i hold myself accountable for any issues with the listed buildings (as long as they are not caused by customising them) Therefore i hope to be able to help you with any such issues
  3. You may customise those buildings to your liking as long as the customsation is within reasonable ways (dont turn a police station itno a contra base etc.) Customising any of those builds does not alter the applience of the rules i set up for this distribution (taking credit etc.)
  4. All of the publicly distributed Buildings are distributed with the intention to turn this city into a slightly nicer place. Theyfore they will stay public. Do not exclude others from participating as long as this is avoidable (eg, dont claim a government station as your own and be open minded to hire people for any of the businesses)
  5. Dont change their purpouse of any of the distributed buildings. While you may customise them you are not supposed to use them for unrealistic or drasticly changed purpouses (do not use them as your private criminal hideout, dont turn a police station into the "super secret k9 heavy duty cia unit" or else - you may turn some of the buildings into private homes thoug as long as the conversion is done reasonably, builds like the caravans the junkyard or the Waterfront PD can be converted into neat homes)
  6. Any violation of ingame rules related to or done using one of my buildings will be deemed a violation of the distribution rules as well.
  7. Stay nice and reasonable. Unfortunatly this rule seems to be needed even though its self explanatory. Do not use any of my buildings for unreasonable, unrealistic or mean/harmfull purpouses.
  8. I myself reserve to change any of those rules, buildings or other aspects of this project.
  9. The violation of any of those rules might exclude you from recieving further dupes, support or participation in any of the projects related to Murdock Co. I will not support people breaking the rules.
[*]Blacklist:

The following people will be (temporarly) be excluded from recivieving or participating in our services:

- [L²:RP][BLSO] Estel Catcoon is no longer welcome on the Waterfrotn bowling alleys as he repeatedly has shown no interest in a serious roleplay and tried to interfeer if not destroy the project to and extend that made it impossible to keep operating the business. Your blacklist (yet) does not effect any other instalations. Is not to be understood personel and might be lifted over time.

- ShadowNinjaYT is no longer welcome in the Channel 5 Studios. We dont appreciate people that decide to hostage our host as soon as they get bored reheasing for they show (yes - apperently some people participate perfectly well... ... till they eventually get board and decide to turn a passive rp rehearsal into a shootout) Your blacklist (yet) does not effect any other instalations. Is not to be understood personel and might be lifted over time.

[*]- Apex will be excluded from any Studio 5 related rolplay as best as possible. His self centered way of conflict solution (killing a farily passive/nice person) in my audience for reasons that i frankly do not understand have once again screwed over a complicated an complext passive rp. This blakclist will not to be used for powergaming (forcefull exclusion) but is understood as a polite advice. It is not to be understood personal and may be lifted depending on future behavior/developement.

I ll try my best to have the fewest restrictions possible on this project. To remain openminded and avoid metagaming (as blacklist do impose this). However in some situations (eg. customers tht tried to cdm me or broke other ooc rules) will be avoided as best possible as it is a very sad fat that not a single of my listed instalation hadnt had a single time where it has been abused, destroyed or was interfered by other ooc or intentionally harmfull circumstances. I will not spent more then 10 h on a dupe to turn it into the hand of a complete troll. I do this (mostly) for free. So if you cant take a free gift in a responsible manner its on you
General Advice - Tipps and Tricks
The first buildings have been moved to the public folder "Murdock Co Free Distribution of Selected Buildings..." The exact name to the folder will be inserted in once im ingame again (if you look for Murdock Co youll find it). A picture shwowing simple instructions on how to acces and navigate the public folder and its subfolders will be added soon.

Please make sure that you carefully read the notes to any of the buildings you are using as they might explain important details regarding doors or other settings (although ill try to simply no colide doors providing you with the option to keep them that way or turn them into a faiding door with your prefered settings.

To avoid any missunderstandings please also read the rules that i set up for this distribution. Those 9 simple rules should help providing a nice and fair interaction for this project.

If you have any issues, questions or request feel free to let me know by replying in this thread.
(some questions might be answered in the Q&A or the rules that are both to be found in the first post)

I apologise if you cant find some of the listed buildings yet. While i plan on publishing the majority of the listed constructions in the same public subfolder I hope that you understand that it can take some time to set all of this up. In oder to propperly publish a building i want to ensure that its getting refurbished, updated, fixed photographed and documented before its distributed. I also need to check on issues like keypads, faiding doors, collision settings and such. Some of those buildings are almost as as limelight and therefore have sometimes not been designed/optimised for our current version game (faiding-door tool, elevators, coffee machines). I also want to ensure the way ill publish them propperly in this thread as keynotes etc can be quite important. However im optimistic that ill finish the work on most of the listed buildings within the next 2-3days. And im honestly quite excited to have a propper platform for any of my mayor buildings.
Project Status/Update

Finished:
- Waterfront Bowling Alley (Private - 90 Prop)
- Joes Diner (Public - Free - 30/40 Prop)
- Martins Diner (Private - 90 Prop)
- Footruck (Public - Free - 30/40 Prop)
- Channel 5 (Private - 90 Prop)
- Industrial Impoundlot (Public - Free - 90 Prop)
- Waterfront Police Station (Public - Free 30/40 Prop)
- 189 Downtownroad PD (Public - Free - 90 Prop)
- Soccerfield (Public - Free 30/40 Prop)

Any of the buildings marked "public" can be accesed via the public folder (advanced duplicator). The subfolder i therefor created is called "murdock co_public distribution of selected buildings..."
Buildings with a propcount containing a "/" are avaible in 2 editions to make sure that, whislt the aditional decoration is recomended anyone, including newer members can acces the dupes.

Pending:
- Adding several sets of stage decorations/addon packs to the Channel 5 Studios (due to proplimit restraints)
- Adding the remaing buildings (that halready have been listed) to the public folder
- Working on a stunt show
- Preplanning modular components for the DTM Police Station

----The status of "Channel 5 Studios" has changed to public, free - a first verison is avaible in the folder----

Please be aware that although a project is in construction or planning there is no gurantee on a definate/soon release date. THie is creative work. Therefore i tend to prioritse the projects that are the most inspiring at that moment/where i do have the most ideas on hold.
The highest priority however is on those buildings listed in the primary post.

If you have any questions regarding the specific status of a building please let me know. If you have a request for a specific sort of building to be created let me know too.
Contact, Building Requests, Statements, Answers

Contact
For questions or request regarding this project please contact me through replying to this post, sending a forum mail or contacting me ingame. Steamfriends are of course also welcome to use steam [L²:RP] [CSA] Marsh

Building Suggestions
Feel free to suggest a building to me. While i cant work on any suggestion im more then happy to look into what you guys would probably like to see in evo city. My ideas are not limited im dependent on any idea, opinion or suggestion.
Buildings that fit this project will be constructed for free and most likely be distributed for free in the public folder (just like the majority of the buildings listed)
If you have a specific request to construct a certain building (eg. a specific business or base for you) ill be looking into that too. However depending on the nature of your request (eg. request to build a clanbase or similar) i might charge you for the construction as it i need to make some money and the main priority of this project lies on public access dupes (besides that would probably be good way to subsidize this project)

Important/Statements
any specific statements or urgent messages regarding the project will be placed here

Answers
Any answers to questions regarding the project will be posted here (in addition to me replying to you inperson)
Alright ladies and gentleman *drumroll: i reconsidered my Channel 5 Studio idea and figured out that it probably would eb the best to publish it too. Therefore im thrilled to announce that a first 60+ prop version is avaible in the "murdock co" folder so far. It doest not contain stage decoration, the mechanic curtain or the ladders (as they dont save with the ad). However i plan on adding addons/assests to the folder that let you paste in various types of stage settings (like podiums, instruments and general scenery).
Also i want to advise anyone using the studio that the Frame (the giant picture in the background) can be used as a giant screen for seveal textures. Unlike some other large props (8x8plates etc.) any material texture applied to this prop will not be split in multiple gorups but instead be displayed in full size. This coms in pretty handy when you plan on adding dynamic backgrounds or rt screens etc (even giving you the possiblity of turning it into a cinema)