Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request: Coupcake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name:  Coupcake 

Ban ID: 5173

Banned by: [L²] Sirwulf

Server: 

Ban Reason: FailRP, running from police as a Citizen, misuse of Mic, mic spamming. Large history of bans and BLS involving similar incidents, will not learn.

Why should you be unbanned?: You said I was mic spamming, which I made sure I wasn't. I always had a radio prop within close proximity and you refused to listen the entire time. 
Also, I don't see how my other blacklists are even remotely similar and one of which I still need to appeal. I don't see how this is misuse of my mic either when it says I can do this with a source of sound nearby. 

you also used the example of FearRP as me evading as a citizen of "[font=Lato, sans-serif]Remember, our roleplay is about recreating a lifelike civilization - your character is by default a functional member of society, so don't do anything you wouldn't do in real life." [/font]Is that why we have guns left right and center, and why aggroRP is more rewarding than Passive? 

Evidence: -
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Coupcake.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
This started a long time ago.

We had been getting numerous reports of a Chef that was mic spamming in front of and around the Nexus.  Now upon investigation by not just me but 2-3 other admins that were currently on. 

Now, at the time that I got involved, you were being arrested and had stopped with the spam.  However, you then ran out the Nexus door and then resumed the music, which would be impossible as you were handcuffed and unable to turn on any radio.  Nor did you attempt to do any roleplay with it.  No /me turns on the radio, /me turns the volume up, etc.

You were arrested, then upon respawn decided to use your Trabant to drive around the block of the Nexus multiple times, with the 'radio' blaring.  Again, no Roleplay, no /me turns on the car radio.  Instead you just slowly drive by the officer with your mic maxed out playing music.  Shortly afterwards, you then spawned as Citizen and ran to your car to continue your drive around.

As a Citizen, you abide the traffic laws, pull over and are a respectable member of society.  You are not a criminal. 

Now, once you left the city, you then made a turn to head towards the lake.  At this point, a Police Tahoe was heading down the tunnel coming in.  You made a u-turn right in front of him.  At this point, the Officer then flashed his lights and siren.  Your response was to take off, running thru the stop sign and back down the city.  You had no intention to stop or pull over, and you continued to blare the music during the entire chase.  Once you left the city again, a second officer joined in and the chase eventually ended in Industrial to which you continued to play your music outside of the car while you were being chased down the street.  It only went out when you got tased and the mic mutes automatically.

So, overall my main subject is what you did as a Citizen.  Evading the police during a minor traffic violation, then running from them when the vehicle is disabled.  With your hours and experience, you should know much better than what I saw.

In addition, during our talk you were explaining to me that this was all done for fun and that there was no problem with that.

Is that why we have guns left right and center, and why aggroRP is more rewarding than Passive?

As a Citizen that is not allowed either.  Your point is rather invalid, this has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

You have banned twice for FailRP, and you have four vehicle BLs, of which including driving a non-collided Tow Truck in a police chase and running from the police as a Pianist.  I think these are very relevant to this case.
(Mar 29, 2017, 12:44 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]This started a long time ago.

We had been getting numerous reports of a Chef that was mic spamming in front of and around the Nexus.  Now upon investigation by not just me but 2-3 other admins that were currently on. 

I had a radio spawned. I cannot remember the model exactly, but it is the one that if you drop, it explodes, therefore I used the already broken one so it did not explode. 

Now, at the time that I got involved, you were being arrested and had stopped with the spam.  However, you then ran out the Nexus door and then resumed the music, which would be impossible as you were handcuffed and unable to turn on any radio.  Nor did you attempt to do any roleplay with it.  No /me turns on the radio, /me turns the volume up, etc.

My friend spawned a radio for me, to which I continued playing a song I was payed to play.

You were arrested, then upon respawn decided to use your Trabant to drive around the block of the Nexus multiple times, with the 'radio' blaring.  Again, no Roleplay, no /me turns on the car radio.  Instead you just slowly drive by the officer with your mic maxed out playing music.  Shortly afterwards, you then spawned as Citizen and ran to your car to continue your drive around.

I dont see how driving around and not using /me is a real issue. It does not require you to use /me for everything. I'd also like to add that previously when driving with other players as a passenger, they would use /me to controll the music I outputted. For example "/me Turns the radio off", and I would stop the music. 

As a Citizen, you abide the traffic laws, pull over and are a respectable member of society.  You are not a criminal. 

Now, once you left the city, you then made a turn to head towards the lake.  At this point, a Police Tahoe was heading down the tunnel coming in.  You made a u-turn right in front of him.  At this point, the Officer then flashed his lights and siren.  Your response was to take off, running thru the stop sign and back down the city.  You had no intention to stop or pull over, and you continued to blare the music during the entire chase.

Sure. I will add more to this point at the end.   

Once you left the city again, a second officer joined in and the chase eventually ended in Industrial to which you continued to play your music outside of the car while you were being chased down the street.  It only went out when you got tased and the mic mutes automatically.

Indeed. I was chased across the line that seperated the two sides of the road, and tazed there and then. I was still in close proximity to my vehicle, and as you explained It was "blaring"they would still hear it. However that is not the main reason it continued playing. due to me being pinned between both vehicles and some sort of obstruction on the pavement, I decided I would run, therefore I did not have time to pause it, and did that as I layed on the floor for when I got up.  

I have included this image to further explain where I believe we were situated. 
So, overall my main subject is what you did as a Citizen.  Evading the police during a minor traffic violation, then running from them when the vehicle is disabled. 

Am I not allowed to run away from the vehicle when its stuck between two police vehicles? I was evading, therefore I made a last attempt to escape. 

In addition, during our talk you were explaining to me that this was all done for fun and that there was no problem with that.

I never said there was no problem with it OOC. I said it was just a prank. 

Is that why we have guns left right and center, and why aggroRP is more rewarding than Passive?

As a Citizen that is not allowed either.  Your point is rather invalid, this has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

My point here is regarding the rule your quoted about me being a civilian. You used the quote "Remember, our roleplay is about recreating a lifelike civilization - your character is by default a functional member of society, so don't do anything you wouldn't do in real life." to explain how being a citizen and evading is against the rules because it is not "cityRP-like", yet people actively run around with guns, mugging people etc etc, and AggroRP is more rewarding than Passive. 

You have banned twice for FailRP, and you have four vehicle BLs, of which including driving a non-collided Tow Truck in a police chase and running from the police as a Pianist.  I think these are very relevant to this case.

I am going to appeal the tow truck one because the in-game situation was bad and I feel like I can explain easier on the Forums. 

Radio I used: models/props/cs_office/radio_p1.mdlmodels/props/cs_office/radio.mdl

Radio spawned outside of Nexus: models/props_lab/citizenradio.mdl

Edit: Formatting is a fail. Sorry.
(Mar 29, 2017, 01:25 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]

I had a radio spawned. I cannot remember the model exactly, but it is the one that if you drop, it explodes, therefore I used the already broken one so it did not explode. 

My friend spawned a radio for me, to which I continued playing a song I was payed to play.

I dont see how driving around and not using /me is a real issue. It does not require you to use /me for everything. I'd also like to add that previously when driving with other players as a passenger, they would use /me to controll the music I outputted. For example "/me Turns the radio off", and I would stop the music. 

Now, once you left the city, you then made a turn to head towards the lake.  At this point, a Police Tahoe was heading down the tunnel coming in.  You made a u-turn right in front of him.  At this point, the Officer then flashed his lights and siren.  Your response was to take off, running thru the stop sign and back down the city.  You had no intention to stop or pull over, and you continued to blare the music during the entire chase.

Once you left the city again, a second officer joined in and the chase eventually ended in Industrial to which you continued to play your music outside of the car while you were being chased down the street.  It only went out when you got tased and the mic mutes automatically.

Indeed. I was chased across the line that seperated the two sides of the road, and tazed there and then. I was still in close proximity to my vehicle, and as you explained It was "blaring"they would still hear it. However that is not the main reason it continued playing. due to me being pinned between both vehicles and some sort of obstruction on the pavement, I decided I would run, therefore I did not have time to pause it, and did that as I layed on the floor for when I got up.  

So, overall my main subject is what you did as a Citizen.  Evading the police during a minor traffic violation, then running from them when the vehicle is disabled. 

Am I not allowed to run away from the vehicle when its stuck between two police vehicles? I was evading, therefore I made a last attempt to escape. 

My point here is regarding the rule your quoted about me being a civilian. You used the quote "Remember, our roleplay is about recreating a lifelike civilization - your character is by default a functional member of society, so don't do anything you wouldn't do in real life." to explain how being a citizen and evading is against the rules because it is not "cityRP-like", yet people actively run around with guns, mugging people etc etc, and AggroRP is more rewarding than Passive. 

I am going to appeal the tow truck one because the in-game situation was bad and I feel like I can explain easier on the Forums. 

Radio I used: models/props/cs_office/radio_p1.mdlmodels/props/cs_office/radio.mdl

Yes, you had a radio, I saw it.  However I saw no indication that the radio was turned off or on.  While you were being arrested the music was not playing, when you walked back outside you started to play the music again while handcuffed.  As there was no indication that you were actually playing music from any device, nobody can pinpoint where it is coming from.  That is why we kept getting reports of Mic Spam.  It just seemed to everyone around that you are just blaring music just to be a menace.  This is why the use of /me is so important, it lets people know that you are actually RPing.

As a Chef, I was having issues with you just running around the blocks and street without any intention to sell food.  As a Citizen you are fine doing that, as long as it is within the law.  As soon as you decided to start a police chase, that is when the rules started coming into play.

You shouldn't have been in a pursuit to begin with, fleeing from your vehicle when it got wedged between the two vehicles is a rather moot point as you should have pulled to the side and got your ticket or verbal warning by the Officer you cut off.

A prank in 'a lifelike simulation' is not getting involved in a low speed police chase in which two police vehicles are trying to pin you in causing property damage and potential injury to citizens, officers or yourself.

Appeal or not, it is on your record as of now and it seems rather similar to the situation you are dealing with now.

Now, do you have any further evidence?
(Mar 29, 2017, 02:35 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 29, 2017, 01:25 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, you had a radio, I saw it.  However I saw no indication that the radio was turned off or on.  While you were being arrested the music was not playing, when you walked back outside you started to play the music again while handcuffed.  As there was no indication that you were actually playing music from any device, nobody can pinpoint where it is coming from.  That is why we kept getting reports of Mic Spam.  It just seemed to everyone around that you are just blaring music just to be a menace.  This is why the use of /me is so important, it lets people know that you are actually RPing.

Rules dont force you to use /me to indicate every action.
The radio was obviously on if music is heard. Same can be said otherwise. The source can easily be pinpointed as if there was a radio nearby, the audio would have came out of the radio, but since that is not possible it had to come out of my mic. 

As a Chef, I was having issues with you just running around the blocks and street without any intention to sell food.  As a Citizen you are fine doing that, as long as it is within the law.  As soon as you decided to start a police chase, that is when the rules started coming into play.

I did infact make a night club, and played music and tried to sell stuff there. Obviously nobody was interested so I ran about and sold food that way. Again, it doesnt say I can play music as a chef and walk around the streets. If somebody needed food I went to them, or they came to me. 

You shouldn't have been in a pursuit to begin with, fleeing from your vehicle when it got wedged between the two vehicles is a rather moot point as you should have pulled to the side and got your ticket or verbal warning by the Officer you cut off.

A prank in 'a lifelike simulation' is not getting involved in a low speed police chase in which two police vehicles are trying to pin you in causing property damage and potential injury to citizens, officers or yourself.

A lifelike simulation where everyone carries guns and starves to death? 

Appeal or not, it is on your record as of now and it seems rather similar to the situation you are dealing with now.

Now, do you have any further evidence?
Your primary focus here is on the music. My main concern and the overall reason for the ban is the behavior as a citizen. You seem to avoid talking about that and zoom in on the music.

We can discuss Mic volume and radio role play all day but it won't get us anywhere.

The fact is, you decided to run around the map in a Trabant, music blaring while being chased by the police. As a citizen you don't just do that. That is a clear case of FailRP there.

You are right that the use of /me is not a rule. I'm trying to give you advice to avoid having situations like this. Whether you choose to listen to them or not is up to you.

Do you have anything further before this is concluded?
(Mar 29, 2017, 07:02 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]Your primary focus here is on the music.  My main concern and the overall reason for the ban is the behavior as a citizen. You seem to avoid talking about that and zoom in on the music.

We can discuss Mic volume and radio role play all day but it won't get us anywhere.

The fact is, you decided to run around the map in a Trabant,  music blaring while being chased by the police. As a citizen you don't just do that. That is a clear case of FailRP there.

You are right that the use of /me is not a rule. I'm trying to give you advice to avoid having situations like this. Whether you choose to listen to them or not is up to you.

Do you have anything further before this is concluded?

I had the Trabant out for a short period of time. I was literally just wanted to give it a spin since I got off an 8 hour vehicle blacklist. you also claimed that be getting hit by another car and continuing is FailRP. This is Semi-Serious RP, and is what everyone does. If this concept was true, then why would you bother to include vehicle HP? What you're saying is that is not necessary since its failRP for me not to get out. 

Nearly everything you mentioned is not even a written rule so how can you enforce it? 

And the music thing is not irrelevant if you put it in the ban title. Therefore I'm appealing that too.
I stated that running from the police as a citizen is FailRP 'as a prank' as you've stated.

And that is the reason for your ban. The following charges are additional information that lead up to the final decision. Even if the Mic spam charge was dropped you'd still be right here.
(Mar 29, 2017, 09:24 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]I stated that running from the police as a citizen is FailRP 'as a prank' as you've stated.

And that is the reason for your ban.  The following charges are additional information that lead up to the final decision. Even if the Mic spam charge was dropped you'd still be right here.

Unwritten rules.  Dodgy
You quoted the rule itself. It is not unwritten.

This request is denied.

Player has not shown sufficient evidence to prove that what occurred was not against the rules. A Citizen running from police for a minor traffic violation with no intention to stop is considered FailRP. The extent of the ban was issued due to amount of hours played as well as the amount of prior warnings the player has had. Overall, the player should have known better due to his experience on the server.