Limelight Forums

Full Version: Blacklisted Props
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Blacklisted Props

So, Recently I have been looking towards rebuilding most of my dupes with the new prop limits that were added within the server not long ago by 's REP update. However, with the following few weeks, I have noticed it is somewhat interesting how many props are actually blacklisted on the blacklist as there are props that sure are big however, they would improve the amount of scenery and role play within the community.

Not so long ago, (About 1-2 months) - A prop that FUMUKU uses was blacklisted for some unknown reason to us. When Myself and  looked into it by trying to contact staff, it was said that they didn't even know how or when it was blacklisted. This lead to a suggestion to removing the blacklist on the prop and of course as many suggestions are, it's still sat there. Be side the Tree Blacklist Prop that were added, Many props that are located in Daley's Prop Spawn Pack that he did not long ago has props that are also Blacklisted from the community too.

A spawn list that was created by  and posted by  that was used during the time of old, contains many, many props that are actually blacklisted especially the CSS Boat that was blacklisted since the dawn of time. 

I was wondering if people or staff would have a discussion about removing quite a bit of the props because there are much less propminges then there use to be two to three years ago and I think both players and staff will agree that the administation and moderation of players has improved a lot since the good ol' days. During the suggestion on the blacklisting, even Burnett himself stated the following:

(Dec 19, 2016, 03:30 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]We must discuss blacklists/whitelist, really. Things shouldn't be blacklisted without prior discussion.

Adding a vote and moving to "Popular". As soon as it gets more votes, this will be moved to "Approved".

So it might be interesting that things are being done without confirmation?
Just unblacklist props for people over 20 hours, will prevent people just joining and shaking a massive prop to crash the server and then blacklist props that don't fit RP/can cause lag from there.
(Mar 27, 2017, 03:20 PM)akne Wrote: [ -> ]Just unblacklist props for people over 20 hours, will prevent people just joining and shaking a massive prop to crash the server and then blacklist props that don't fit RP/can cause lag from there.

Personally, I don't believe 20 hours would even be enough. I have seen many people break rules rather purposely or non and some of these have more than 200 hours. Hours doesn't seem to do much as someone with 10 hours can be much better than someone with 1000 hours.
Wasnt the staff that banned props , your list of props banned came from FL thats the reason , however ill unbann all props , except the ones where create bugs or are bombs , will take me little time , cause i need to check prop by prop to make sure , i already planned that long time ago but theres always things that appear and i forgot.
Well, That's not true as the Tree Props were only just recently banned as Myself and   use to be able to spawn them down however we seem to be unable to spawn them not long ago now - So someone has obviously added to the Blacklist List.
Well if was banned and its just tree props isnt a reason to be banned however ill check then all 1 by 1
(Mar 28, 2017, 12:52 PM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]Well, That's not true as the Tree Props were only just recently banned as Myself and   use to be able to spawn them down however we seem to be unable to spawn them not long ago now - So someone has obviously added to the Blacklist List.

If I was to have a guess, it was because they were being used in an obstructive manner that wasn't too appealing to look at and (maybe?) damaged framerates as noticed in your version of the fish avenue presidential dupe unless your referencing another tree prop.

However, I'd definitely love to see whether the developer team can run through the list of banned props to determine which could actually be suitable for RP - even if it means enforcing an hour limit on questionable props.