Limelight Forums

Full Version: Limelight Blackwake Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Mar 26, 2017, 12:26 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]I think we need to focus on stabilizing our main attraction and optimizing it before we branch out. We need a stable base before we can go forward.

We've been saying that for nearly two years. I don't think we'll ever be at a stage where our 'main attraction' is stable and booming, and thus we're never in a position to expand. I think we need to evaluate the life left in CityRP, and look to take the positive aspects of that format and move across into other games/gamemodes which can expand upon it.

I can't comment on Blackwake as I have never played it, or even heard of it. But if it is like gmod in the sense servers are highly customisable, it would be worth exploring.
(Mar 26, 2017, 02:36 AM)Jono Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 26, 2017, 12:26 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]I think we need to focus on stabilizing our main attraction and optimizing it before we branch out. We need a stable base before we can go forward.

We've been saying that for nearly two years. I don't think we'll ever be at a stage where our 'main attraction' is stable and booming, and thus we're never in a position to expand. I think we need to evaluate the life left in CityRP, and look to take the positive aspects of that format and move across into other games/gamemodes which can expand upon it.

I can't comment on Blackwake as I have never played it, or even heard of it. But if it is like gmod in the sense servers are highly customisable, it would be worth exploring.

CityRP is our bread and butter and right now it's laggy, boring, full of bugs, and unbalanced. Unless you can find a replacement for our main attraction or get it at least optimized enough to where we don't hear complaints every day about every update and every piece of our content, I don't see this working. I know that it has a short life span left, but at this rate we won't have a CityRP Server last even that long because people will get tired of the broken day-to-day gameplay.

If we keep trying to branch out into these little side servers, we aren't going to be helping ourselves. All it does is distracts from the problem that will affect our CityRP server and any other servers we try to complete. I'll be honest, all I've seen is half-assed updates (not the ideas of the updates, but the "backstage" parts of them) and unbalanced broken content on here (not to mention this affects our side server projects too). I really do enjoy playing here because I just like RPing for no real reward, but sadly that isn't most people. If we want to find a new game to move to, I'm all for it if it fixes our current shit hole of a main server, but we can't just keep expecting the server to just kinda glide in to success and keep using the excuse that it's a dieing game. I don't care if its a dieing game. Right now it's the main reason people come here and soon people are going to realize that we aren't progressing as much as we used to. 

Sorry to be blunt, but that's my personal opinion on our situation.
(Mar 26, 2017, 03:35 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

I can't comment on Blackwake as I have never played it, or even heard of it. But if it is like gmod in the sense servers are highly customisable, it would be worth exploring
CityRP is our bread and butter and right now it's laggy, boring, full of bugs, and unbalanced. Unless you can find a replacement for our main attraction or get it at least optimized enough to where we don't hear complaints every day about every update and every piece of our content, I don't see this working. I know that it has a short life span left, but at this rate we won't have a CityRP Server last even that long because people will get tired of the broken day-to-day gameplay.
You are saying here that the CityRp is dying. This is an opportunity to expand to other means of RP. Not necessarily City, but something fresh and new.

People will always get tired of old content. This is a brand new content that keeps people in the community, and not straying to others!

Take a scroll through here
https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=420290

So much more to come, and a lot of getting updated weekly if not, even more common.
(Mar 26, 2017, 03:43 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 26, 2017, 03:35 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

I can't comment on Blackwake as I have never played it, or even heard of it. But if it is like gmod in the sense servers are highly customisable, it would be worth exploring
You are saying here that the CityRp is dying. This is an opportunity to expand to other means of RP. Not necessarily City, but something fresh and new.

People will always get tired of old content. This is a brand new content that keeps people in the community, and not straying to others!

Take a scroll through here
https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=420290

So much more to come, and a lot of getting updated weekly if not, even more common.

We are a community based on CityRP and we haven't even done it right. Why should we just hop ship instead of fixing our problems? If we continue this same strategy we're gonna be sunk by the time anyone gives a shit. A small (Mind you in my opinion very poor game) game is not going to keep the people that are already here entertained.
I dont think the cityrp or any other games are the problem , we are small community and besides we have cityrp in common , many of us dont like the same games , or we dont have all the same games , besides gmod most of us dont have any other game where we can play all together
I would rather a CSGO server with custom stuff, as CSGO is a very Common game.
(Mar 28, 2017, 11:15 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather a CSGO server with custom stuff, as CSGO is a very Common game.

Custom stuff such as?
Tbh maybe we should have a little forum bit we call "other games" where if You want some playmates for a specific game just make a thread Big Grin
(Mar 31, 2017, 10:54 AM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh maybe we should have a little forum bit we call "other games" where if You want some playmates for a specific game just make a thread Big Grin

Good idea, that's one way to start it.
The fact the staff team gets split up every time we start a new server is sorta a issue. Rather we dedicate members that the staff feel fit to moderate a another game. Minecraft for example, considering someone like me has Owned a minecraft server and is very experienced.
(Mar 31, 2017, 08:43 PM)Midget. Wrote: [ -> ]The fact the staff team gets split up every time we start a new server is sorta a issue. Rather we dedicate members that the staff feel fit to moderate a another game. Minecraft for example, considering someone like me has Owned a minecraft server and is very experienced.

Blackwake and Rust would probably be the best games to dip into, Rust requires no moderating and Blackwake is autistic fun.
Hell yeah!
+Support!
Pages: 1 2