Limelight Forums

Full Version: Channel 5: The Late Show with Martin Murdock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. Im am thrilled to announce that after about 7hours of work i finnally esembled a small studio at Industrial to be hosting what i hope will then still be the First propper and public television show for our beautifull Evo City.

Therefore Channel 5 is looking for Staff as well as guest stars. Tickets to the first show will be for free as well as youll be able to follow the whole show on Channel 5 on your television.

Since this is more a spontanious building/rp project rather then an event Ill not make a propper event post as at the end ill cant predict the exact time itll start, i can probably not rely on job assignments and ill most likely do this show more then just once or twice. As i want to host the first show tomorrow evening it would also be a little short in time to have any propper applications etc. .
Id simply like to raise a little awareness to motivate some of you to hopefully join my show wether it would be as visitor, guest star or staff, so there hopeuflly be a nice turnout.

So here are the positions ill seek employess for (again: dont apply - ill contact you once ingame)
Technicans: a camera man, and an editor/stage crew worker. In case someone has a soundboard or otheroptions to transmit any nice music (opening themes for the show or greeding music for guests entering the stage) he could hapily join the stage crew as well
Vendors: 1-2 ticket vendors (one serving as security and bouncer)
Star guest: do you have that ONE story you wish to share, your most amazing LL experience? Are you new in town or did you recently celebrate a playtime-aniversary (congrats to d3st and Stell90 btw ; )  ? ILl interview any volunteer with an interesting story as well as i hope to get government officials and other special roles for an interview.

Visitor: Tickets are for free and in best case ill finally have enough money to provide free drinks as well. So just come along

If everything goes well and there should be continuing demand i might turn either Channel 5 or just the Show into a regular event which then would be posted on the Event side with more specifc information and a schedule thats not posted one day ahead of the actuall broadcast. Sorry for the last minute post (i am kinda busy IRL and did not have that much time to develope the structures rquired for a long/more frequenc public television project).

Here are some pics to get you hopefully as psyched as i am right nowWink

Studio oversight
[Image: 7Xq1hmz.jpg]

The Stage
[Image: kl9ADLp.jpg]

Sneakpeak on the editors roomWink

[Image: khPKubM.jpg]
The first show will be hosted on marhc 25th between 20:00 and 23:00 gmt0.
Sorry for that sketchy time schedule but im kinda busy throguh the weekend and therefore unable to predict and exact time. If you miss it you can still join the running show as well as i hope to be able to continue this project as a propper programm, hopefully with a few further people to create a propper Tv-Station (im thinking about soccer games, poker turnaments, a wipeout style show and other projects that could all together create a nice community based entertainment program. This however will be worked on in a seperate post (and probably not till next Wednessday [still kinda busy]. But just imagine how awsome it would be when small bars&diners, hospitals, private homes or any other establishments could simply place down their "survelliance"-tv to actually watch a programm.....
lookin good.
should be fun to see how this goes
Damn, I hope this becomes a thing. Bring up a different player every time.
Great work there, this looks excellent.
Looking even better then when I last saw it, good going Marsh, and good luck!
Wow!

Nice built! really, looks good!
Its been a heck of a ride so far. After a solid 5-6hours of stage work and braodcasting id like to thank all of the participants for a truly amazing project. Theres been some minor issues and problem we had in the early faces but apperently we resolved most oft them.
Thank you so much for all the support. For Providing us with some amazing music, some amazing ligtning and an amazing evening.
As i mentioned a few times ill be having some work to prepare for the comming week but ill start working on a strucutre for channel 5. Even though itll probably not turn into a solid clan (as most people already have clans they are attached to - and id prefer a open concept) we will work out an actual system to make sure that "Evo Talent" and "The Late Show" as well as hopefully many further programms to come will be avaible on Channel 5. Lets give this city an actuall television programm!

So to sign off here are some neat pictures taken during the show:
[Image: gb3WEPe.jpg]
[Image: PGxqLKO.jpg]
[Image: 8nOsCbt.jpg]
[Image: dtCja3N.jpg]
(Mar 26, 2017, 03:48 AM)MrMarsh Wrote: [ -> ]Its been a heck of a ride so far. After a solid 5-6hours of stage work and braodcasting id like to thank all of the participants for a truly amazing project. Theres been some minor issues and problem we had in the early faces but apperently we resolved most oft them.
Thank you so much for all the support. For Providing us with some amazing music, some amazing ligtning and an amazing evening.
As i mentioned a few times ill be having some work to prepare for the comming week but ill start working on a strucutre for channel 5. Even though itll probably not turn into a solid clan (as most people already have clans they are attached to - and id prefer a open concept) we will work out an actual system to make sure that "Evo Talent" and "The Late Show" as well as hopefully many further programms to come will be avaible on Channel 5. Lets give this city an actuall television programm!

Shit was fire.
Just to give you a quick information:
ill be out of town throguh the easter wekkend (sa-mo mostelikely). Therefore any work on the Murdock Co Project or current rps might be delayd through out this weekend (will still be on the forums occasional)

I recieved some request and suggestions regarding other formats to be hosted at the channel 5 stage. Im more then open for any though through suggestion. Some people suggested "Doctor Phil Rp" "Oprah" or "Ted Talks" which i think should be possible and entertaining formats. So please have now fear to come forward with your idea.

Events. As some people seem to have the attention span of a toddler i try to conduct my rps as timely and well as i can. However you do have to understand that a larger concert or similar doesnt start instantly. First we need to make sure enough people are around and willing to participate (eg. for a concert i need people capable of playing music - for late shows someone should at least have a mic). Gathering those people can occasionaly take some time. Some people (including younger members) tend to loose focus throughout this time. I litterarly encountered everythign so far from people punchworing each other to people taking me hsotage due to their boredom. Therefore since i can do very little to change someones personalty i decided the following steps might be in place:
1. Events. A propper event setup allows me to recuit people with a solid promise to appear. It also allows me to prescheduled and inform the participants about tehnical details. Last but not least this allows for all of us to start complex rps like the studio with minimised waiting periods as everyone knows their place and will not leave/take someone hostage after 5 minutes of waiting.
2. Trusted Members&Exclusive Events. Events however take time to set up are slightly less spontatious and can eb aquite a bit of work. Therefore well not allways be sticking to an propper event setup as there is need to be a little spontanious at least. I just like everyone else have some "fellow members"/other members i do like and rely on. If the massive misconduct, impatience and fail rp commited by some of our members will continue ill make my events exlusiv, lock the doors with teamacces and put up metal detectors (sounds odd and mean for a public broadcasting rp but seems to be needed)
3.Quitting my projects temporarly. So far i have never >Not Once!< had the oppurtunity to conduct this specific roleplay without someone getting murdered, arrested, interfering with the rp and its systems or distrubing in other harmfull ways. While this brings me to the conclusion that i need to change/improve something (like my open door policy, my appereantly narrow minded belief in not carriyng firearms as a lateshow host and advertising) one of the solutions would simply be to stop doing those rps for a little while.
This is please not to be understood as a salty note or a ragefull "threat". I dont mean to exclude anyone, and i am well aware that it is unfair to react by whithdrawing those rps from the public due to one or two people missbehaving. Ill try to continue including as many people as possible and keeping all of you guys entertained. Afterall i was realy excited by how well some of our new members have imerged into the roleplay and to what extend they were contributing to it. However im a regular human beeing. I do have other hobbies and responsibilitys as well. Setting up channel 5 or the bowling alley has taken me between 10 and 35 hours each. This is time im perfectly willing to invest in an entertaining and rewarding project like those two. And as its some sort of hobby to just fool around with larger construction/passive rp projects ill continue to work on those. However running and maintaining the actuall rp those constructions have been designed for is a further quite intensive task that takes a lot of effort and time.
Now im aware that some people (eg. some[by no means all or rexlusively] young people) have a realy short attention span. I have quite a few younger relatives myself. However they have some manners... ... and no acces to automatic firearms :/
If i deem it impossible to conduct certain rps (7/9) trys to host the show so far have gone wrong due to several violations of our rules as well as generally hostile or unhinged attitudes) I will no longer waste time in trying to start those.
I will try to find a somewhat safer and more direct way to host this roleplay (like events, guests list or metal detectors) and continue to aim for larger passive rps. However i would like to ask for your help and anticipation:
Things like murder can be perfectly fine. And i can understand why some people occasionaly get mad at each other. But i cant urge you enough to ask yourself the following question "How do my current actions impact other univovled partys".
If you decide to kill or kidnapp someone, thats fine as long as you play according to the rules. If you loose your patience or interest in a certain project and want to quite, thats perfectly fine. But if you decide to turn my rp into a slaughter house for personal fueds with one of my guest, or start to demolish the scenery or other people due to your boredome.... you gotta ask yourselve wether your behavior is nescesarry and how it is impacting your enviroment.
I can understand most of the things that so far have disturbed my roleplays. Boredome is naturall, Murder is a thing... but: you dont nescessarly have to take it to an inaprropriate enviroment.

Anyways i just wanted to acknowledge that i most liekly will be inactive through the weekend (traveling). Please dont take my last request as a threat or salty/angry post. Im not planing on shutting down or slowing down any of my rps but im reconsidering their current setup and i would like if you would take a moment to read and think through my request as it might help out a lot.
Im also pretty psyched for the "improv class". Id really love to host something like that as imrpovisation and rethorik tipps&tricks can help you in almost all rp scenarios as well as i plan the "class" to be an interactive workshop. You would be pretty amused to see how foolish/silly yet efficient some of the basicy excercises are *funfact: did you know that some highly payed managers at siemens etc take calsses that involve them doing jumping-jacks and other amusing taskt to school their charisma? Wink

Anyways: if i should be around for the next days i wish you guys a happy easter!
(Apr 14, 2017, 12:40 AM)MrMarsh Wrote: [ -> ]Just to give you a quick information:
ill be out of town throguh the easter wekkend (sa-mo mostelikely). Therefore any work on the Murdock Co Project or current rps might be delayd through out this weekend (will still be on the forums occasional)

I recieved some request and suggestions regarding other formats to be hosted at the channel 5 stage. Im more then open for any though through suggestion. Some people suggested "Doctor Phil Rp" "Oprah" or "Ted Talks" which i think should be possible and entertaining formats. So please have now fear to come forward with your idea.

Events. As some people seem to have the attention span of a toddler i try to conduct my rps as timely and well as i can. However you do have to understand that a larger concert or similar doesnt start instantly. First we need to make sure enough people are around and willing to participate (eg. for a concert i need people capable of playing music - for late shows someone should at least have a mic). Gathering those people can occasionaly take some time. Some people (including younger members) tend to loose focus throughout this time. I litterarly encountered everythign so far from people punchworing each other to people taking me hsotage due to their boredom. Therefore since i can do very little to change someones personalty i decided the following steps might be in place:
1. Events. A propper event setup allows me to recuit people with a solid promise to appear. It also allows me to prescheduled and inform the participants about tehnical details. Last but not least this allows for all of us to start complex rps like the studio with minimised waiting periods as everyone knows their place and will not leave/take someone hostage after 5 minutes of waiting.
2. Trusted Members&Exclusive Events. Events however take time to set up are slightly less spontatious and can eb aquite a bit of work. Therefore well not allways be sticking to an propper event setup as there is need to be a little spontanious at least. I just like everyone else have some "fellow members"/other members i do like and rely on. If the massive misconduct, impatience and fail rp commited by some of our members will continue ill make my events exlusiv, lock the doors with teamacces and put up metal detectors (sounds odd and mean for a public broadcasting rp but seems to be needed)
3.Quitting my projects temporarly. So far i have never >Not Once!< had the oppurtunity to conduct this specific roleplay without someone getting murdered, arrested, interfering with the rp and its systems or distrubing in other harmfull ways. While this brings me to the conclusion that i need to change/improve something (like my open door policy, my appereantly narrow minded belief in not carriyng firearms as a lateshow host and advertising) one of the solutions would simply be to stop doing those rps for a little while.
This is please not to be understood as a salty note or a ragefull "threat". I dont mean to exclude anyone, and i am well aware that it is unfair to react by whithdrawing those rps from the public due to one or two people missbehaving. Ill try to continue including as many people as possible and keeping all of you guys entertained. Afterall i was realy excited by how well some of our new members have imerged into the roleplay and to what extend they were contributing to it. However im a regular human beeing. I do have other hobbies and responsibilitys as well. Setting up channel 5 or the bowling alley has taken me between 10 and 35 hours each. This is time im perfectly willing to invest in an entertaining and rewarding project like those two. And as its some sort of hobby to just fool around with larger construction/passive rp projects ill continue to work on those. However running and maintaining the actuall rp those constructions have been designed for is a further quite intensive task that takes a lot of effort and time.
Now im aware that some people (eg. some[by no means all or rexlusively] young people) have a realy short attention span. I have quite a few younger relatives myself. However they have some manners... ... and no acces to automatic firearms :/
If i deem it impossible to conduct certain rps (7/9) trys to host the show so far have gone wrong due to several violations of our rules as well as generally hostile or unhinged attitudes) I will no longer waste time in trying to start those.
I will try to find a somewhat safer and more direct way to host this roleplay (like events, guests list or metal detectors) and continue to aim for larger passive rps. However i would like to ask for your help and anticipation:
Things like murder can be perfectly fine. And i can understand why some people occasionaly get mad at each other. But i cant urge you enough to ask yourself the following question "How do my current actions impact other univovled partys".
If you decide to kill or kidnapp someone, thats fine as long as you play according to the rules. If you loose your patience or interest in a certain project and want to quite, thats perfectly fine. But if you decide to turn my rp into a slaughter house for personal fueds with one of my guest, or start to demolish the scenery or other people due to your boredome.... you gotta ask yourselve wether your behavior is nescesarry and how it is impacting your enviroment.
I can understand most of the things that so far have disturbed my roleplays. Boredome is naturall, Murder is a thing... but: you dont nescessarly have to take it to an inaprropriate enviroment.

Anyways i just wanted to acknowledge that i most liekly will be inactive through the weekend (traveling). Please dont take my last request as a threat or salty/angry post. Im not planing on shutting down or slowing down any of my rps but im reconsidering their current setup and i would like if you would take a moment to read and think through my request as it might help out a lot.
Im also pretty psyched for the "improv class". Id really love to host something like that as imrpovisation and rethorik tipps&tricks can help you in almost all rp scenarios as well as i plan the "class" to be an interactive workshop. You would be pretty amused to see how foolish/silly yet efficient some of the basicy excercises are *funfact: did you know that some highly payed managers at siemens etc take calsses that involve them doing jumping-jacks and  other amusing taskt to school their charisma? Wink

Anyways: if i should be around  for the next days i wish you guys a happy easter!
I'm really sorry that I had to leave today, I know you usually rely on me but I had to go.

I dont mean you. And also please dont take my note toooo seriously. Everyone has a reallife and therefore everyone hast stuff to do. If you cant stay through an entire roleplay thats more then fine.
I am talking about people like shadow ninja, apex and other people that although they migth have not done it in with mean/hamrfull intentions dit interfer if not almost destroy the roleplay at some occasions. You did more then well.
Im just trying to raise some awareness to a potential conflict/interference between agressive and passive rp. What im asking for is that people may please just question themselves to waht extend their current rp/actions will impact their enviorment and wether or not it is nescessary to perform certain actions (such as murder) on the stage of a slithgly complex passive rp, or wether such actions could probably be taken eslwhere.
Sorry if the message seems a little bit salty. Its not ment to be. And even people like apex and shadow surely had their reasons for conducting their own violent rp (probably didn through about the impact on the rp itselve). This is understandable. Im just asking people in general to reconsider the impact of their actions in relation to other non uninvolved community members. You done pretty well mate. I liked the effort you put into the lighting set up Smile
(Mar 26, 2017, 04:37 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 26, 2017, 03:48 AM)MrMarsh Wrote: [ -> ]Its been a heck of a ride so far. After a solid 5-6hours of stage work and braodcasting id like to thank all of the participants for a truly amazing project. Theres been some minor issues and problem we had in the early faces but apperently we resolved most oft them.

Shit was fire.
Yup
Oh man, I canät believe we haven't had theatre, movie, etc. productions yet!

There is so much potential with this, good luck!

I gotta go and work on a machiavelli script.
(Apr 15, 2017, 09:32 AM)John_Francisco Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man, I canät believe we haven't had theatre, movie, etc. productions yet!

There is so much potential with this, good luck!

I gotta go and work on a machiavelli script.

Thanks

Thats what im thinking: you can do almosteverything with a stage and a camera. The only problem is to get enoguh people and a concept. Im finally back from my easter visits (will probably spend 1-2 days more with uni and family stuff) but im more then psyched to experiment witha  few different formats. More on that is to come with in the next one or two days as i most likely will still be  alittle busy throughout the week.

Pat

This ever gonna come back ?