Limelight Forums

Full Version: Can't join the main server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Earlier today, I joined the main server and was fine, until I was AFK and I got connection issues. Now, I can't join the main server, but the build server works fine.
Would be useful if you provided more information - does it time out, does it crash your game, when does the loading stop/freeze, have you tried to restart game/steam/computer, verifying game cache?
Already verified the game cache, restarted steam, game, and computer. Doesn't crash the game. Doesn't time out.

It doesn't get past the first 2 bars in the loading screen. It says connecting to server, but then doesn't go further. The game doesn't freeze or anything.
Got a message "Connection failed after 6 retries"
Try reconnecting to wifi or unplug and plug back in your ethernet cable. If you have access to your internet router, restart it. If all that doesn't work, will probably have to get a dev to check the main server isn't blocking your IP address for whatever reason.
if this happened around 7pm ish the server had connecting issue did restart the server
(Mar 24, 2017, 11:11 AM)Gamerpro2266 Wrote: [ -> ]if this happened around 7pm ish the server had connecting issue did restart the server

This was a different issue from the one  is having.
I just got onto the server. Not sure why I couldn't last night.
right click on gmod and goto general
hen set launch options put +client port and thenyour ip xxx is where the 3 numbers should be
What exactly?

" +client port ip xxxxx "?   (xxxxx = individual ip adress)

Thanks for your help!
You don't put your IP in when dealing with the -clientport command, and it's also just "clientport" put together. Not separately!

+clientport 27030 should work.

Generally, it should be 27015 but as the main server runs off port 27030, that's what we're setting it as.

Have the above solutions worked?
I didn't need to do the above solutions, it just started working for whatever reason. There may have been something broken that night
Closed and moved to archive

Summary

The user was experiencing issues with connecting to the main server.
The user did not need to try the solutions provided as his issue, for an unknown reason, had disappeared.

Thank you.

~ Octagon