Limelight Forums

Full Version: Report Apex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of Player: Apex

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:80752530

Server: v4b1

Time: (In UTC+0) 22:15 - 22:20

Summary: So,I just joined the corleones for like 5-10 min,I got invited into the corleone house & not even 2 min after I'm in there the police knocks on the door telling us all to get out & get against the door(without a warrant) but we do as he says(fearRP) and then we asked for a warrant for this (as they were handcuffing us). They said we couldve been involved in shooting the president(I had no clue he was dead since I just joined) they got a search warrant for that. Instead of searching us for weapons (because there was a shooting duhh? what could you possible find in the house.) they searched the house clearly looking for contraband & using their guns to break down the doors which you can clearly hear in the video(which is also kinda failRP). Sad I couldn't get all their names because they kept telling us to 'Face the wall!'. I was trying to explain in OOC that I just joined and then IC that I didn't own anything in the house & didn't have any contra, they didn't listen & arrested me for contraband (that they didn't find from me.) I started recording once we got against the wall. Understand that it's not fun for me to join the server & get arrested almost immediately. Thanks for your time.

Evidence: https://youtu.be/a9P13-GY_to
Thank you for your player-report, ZeusVH.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, the accused player and witnesses may reply to this report.

Apex

Hello ZeusVH.

I was the sergeant on at the time, and I am sorry you feel the way that you do; but that's not happened entirely.

So me and my officers were at the time, engaged in a full scale manhunt for four people and a white jeep, we have been searching every single place a vehicle could be hidden until we reached the Corleone estate; upon reaching the estate I saw on of your guys pointing a gun through the window; so I called for backup as we could reasonably establish you were armed and potentially a risk. (This is also the reason there was a delayed response on the warrant). Soviethooves was Dispatch at the time and might be able to recall the sequence of events.

The Don Corleone then approached me on the lawn as three other men stood at the window, this then confirmed we have four men, who we know have atleast one firearm and have a garage that could hide a vehicle; I felt this was more than enough evidence to detain you and preform an initial search.

As for your question to why we searched he house despite not having visible view of contraband: There was a firearm in the building, non of you possessed the firearm when searched outside; this therefore means the firearm is still within the property.

The missing firearm, the similarities between you and the suspects at the time led to the search.

The illegal contraband led to your arrest.

Upon completing the search we could not find the firearms, nor the jeep however we did find considerable amounts of contraband; for this reason we arrested you all.

As for the Out of Character aspect; I don't know that IC and I can't just go "Oh well, he has just joined! Better leave!" I still have to continue my investigation.

We had to shoot the doors as it seemed that you had all each bought the doors individually and we could not open them with the ram.
I was actually watching this and also dispatching the government services at the time.

- First, they requested additionals as you were possibly involved with the shooting of the president. This meant they didn't need a warrant as you were one, already all outside, and two, there was a possible immediate threat inside the house.

- The situation was handled very professionally from what I saw and heard from the TS Dispatch Chat.

- The contraband was not their only objective, but since it was found you were guilty of having it, so they slapped it onto the charges. (Which doesn't matter if you just spawned in or not, you are in a building knowing there is contraband. This can lead to you conspiring to hide contraband.)
How is it realistic that they arrest me for just standing in the house? I mean if someone irl has a friend over & they get searched whilst that friend is in the house & that friend doesn't even know about anything illegal, does he get arrested too? Prob. yes but only for questioning,etc unless found evidence directly connected to him, he will not get jail time. 15 years is far too long for 'maybe being involved with his friend'. Correct?
And how is that when someones outside their house(& allegedly saw him them with a gun) the police all of the sudden don't need a warrant? So if I'm RP'ing as a cop I can just go ahead & search people houses when I think I saw a gun? That completely takes away the points of warrants.
Yes it was handled professionally.
Yes they found contra, none of it was mine. I didn't even have any property in the house, neither did the innocent citizen who also got arrested.
(Mar 17, 2017, 02:30 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]Hello ZeusVH.

I was the sergeant on at the time, and I am sorry you feel the way that you do; but that's not happened entirely.

So me and my officers were at the time, engaged in a full scale manhunt for four people and a white jeep, we have been searching every single place a vehicle could be hidden until we reached the Corleone estate; upon reaching the estate I saw on of your guys pointing a gun through the window; so I called for backup as we could reasonably establish you were armed and potentially a risk. (This is also the reason there was a delayed response on the warrant). Soviethooves was Dispatch at the time and might be able to recall the sequence of events.

The Don Corleone then approached me on the lawn as three other men stood at the window, this then confirmed we have four men, who we know have atleast one firearm and have a garage that could hide a vehicle; I felt this was more than enough evidence to detain you and preform an initial search.

As for your question to why we searched he house despite not having visible view of contraband: There was a firearm in the building, non of you possessed the firearm when searched outside; this therefore means the firearm is still within the property.

The missing firearm, the similarities between you and the suspects at the time led to the search.

Upon completing the search we could not find the firearms, nor the jeep however we did find considerable amounts of contraband; for this reason we arrested you all.

As for the Out of Character aspect; I don't know that IC and I can't just go "Oh well, he has just joined! Better leave!" I still have to continue my investigation.

We had to shoot the doors as it seemed that you had all each bought the doors individually and we could not open them with the ram.

I do wish I recorded from the moment we saw you guys approach as none of us had a gun equipped near the window, when I went in someone had a gun, yes a pistol, but he put it away. How can you possible have seen it? He even had it in the hallway & not near a window like I said. (as far as I know).
I do get your point but at least listen to my IC character saying he's innocent & check for anything in the property that's directly connected to him. In real life you don't lock someone up for 15 years for 'possibly doing a crime but we're not sure'.
Also I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, just want to report anything I think is breaking the rules. Sorry if I'm missing something I just want to make this community better than it already is.

Apex

(Mar 17, 2017, 03:12 PM)ZeusVH Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 17, 2017, 02:30 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]Hello ZeusVH.

I do wish I recorded from the moment we saw you guys approach as none of us had a gun equipped near the window, when I went in someone had a gun, yes a pistol, but he put it away. How can you possible have seen it? He even had it in the hallway & not near a window like I said. (as far as I know).
I do get your point but at least listen to my IC character saying he's innocent & check for anything in the property that's directly connected to him. In real life you don't lock someone up for 15 years for 'possibly doing a crime but we're not sure'.
I understand you might be upset at the way it went, and I have definitely taken what you have said on board as constructive criticism; but it's not as though we were hellbent on arresting people for 15 years. The citizen that was in the property received a reduced sentence and was given different charges. 

So when you say "Oh, he is innocent" and it then transpires there is contraband in the house. You can then be considered an accessory as you basically lied to us in order to cover your friend. If you understand what I mean?

We also arrested you all after searching the property and collecting the evidence that there was in fact contraband and thus criminal charges were pushed forward.
Denied

Closing Notes: The officers had a possible immediate threat and did not require a warrant to enter the property. Once contraband was found on the property you were all given charges towards it (except the citizen from what I can understand). Not to mention you were not only on te property, but you were closely related to the other suspects (Corleone)

No abuse of powers or FailRP noted. Handle it IC next time.