Limelight Forums

Full Version: Authenticating with Steam.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Whenever I try and connect to LL, it is stuck on 'Authenticating with steam' I have never experienced this problem, just today. I've restarted Garry's Mod, and restarted steam but nothing has happened. 

Does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks,
Constrictor.
I think that is Steam's problem. I had that same too. I was stuck in that 5 minutes and then it started loading the files, etc.
(Mar 12, 2017, 11:20 AM)Vatipaa Wrote: [ -> ]I think that is Steam's problem. I had that same too. I was stuck in that 5 minutes and then it started loading the files, etc.

Alright, thanks.
I'll see if it begins to load.
If nothing happens AFTER 5-10 minutes, steam is having problems, its not about your computer or server host
Is it working? If not, like I said, it's Steam's problem.
(Mar 12, 2017, 11:36 AM)Vatipaa Wrote: [ -> ]Is it working? If not, like I said, it's Steam's problem.

Nope, it's still not working Sad
Try restarting your computer, that can also help. It helped me too once
Me and a friend are having the same issue
Ok, I think there is Steam having problems. I think you need to try later

Pat

Working fine now.
Is it working ? If not I can try to help
It's fixed now Big Grin
Nice!
Yeah this started happening with me last night an just gave up. A few other bugs appeared, The event server for LL turned up in my favourites and CityRP LL disappeared without a trace if it even existing.. I was beyond frustrated. Will check if resolved for me.

Fixed Smile
Thank you to for the fast response.

For some clarification on this issue, yes, the authentication is completely down to Steam. Nothing can be done other than waiting for it to be resolved. Restarting Steam/GMOD/your PC won't help. As this issue is now resolved, I'll be closing this. If you need to verify that there's an issue with Steam, you can go here.