Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request: Coupcake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Coupcake

Ban ID: 4990

Banned by: [L²] Soviethooves.

Server: v4b1

Ban Reason: FeaRP | Insulting players in OOC | EXTENDED: 6/7 Bans are FeaRP

Why should you be unbanned?: I think the ban is incorrect as the police officer was swinging his baton, and had previously knocked me out with it for no reason ( I can provide proof ). At my nearest opportunity, I made an escape and nearly died, He continued swinging his baton and was out of FearRP range so I proceeded to run. 
I've been in an admin situation after I reported FearRP when mugging somebody with a blackjack and hit it (not at them) to expand it. The admin said FearRP was off as I attacked. 

All of a sudden a man with a taser runs over and tases me
I don't know if the FearRP is applied from the baton or the taser, because the Taser was not in view.

I will take responsibility for the insult however as it was not needed.  

Evidence:

Audio is out of sync, couldn't be bothered fixing it unless it's required. 
The staff-members have received your unban-request, ♈ Coupcake ♈.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
From what I can make from the low audio, I see him strike you once. This can count as corruption or just terrible police work in general.

The next part you are seen running away from the officer while his baton is out (Note: Technically if someone shoots you or is obviously about to kill you, FeaRP may be ignored. However, this officer striked you once to let you become knocked out, in which he then waited for your recovery. This is NOT a reason to break FeaRP as he is using it as a way to assist in your detainment). This is Fearp as he started swinging at you to stop within melee range, especially once you cross the sidewalk and he gets right next to you. If you would've stopped moving since you were within Fearp range of his baton (Striking Distance), you wouldn't have gotten in trouble.
(Feb 25, 2017, 06:11 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]From what I can make from the low audio, I see him strike you once. This can count as corruption or just terrible police work in general.

The next part you are seen running away from the officer while his baton is out (Note: Technically if someone shoots you or is obviously about to kill you, FeaRP may be ignored. However, this officer striked you once to let you become knocked out, in which he then waited for your recovery. This is NOT a reason to break FeaRP as he is using it as a way to assist in your detainment). This is Fearp as he started swinging at you to stop within melee range, especially once you cross the sidewalk and he gets right next to you. If you would've stopped moving since you were within Fearp range of his baton (Striking Distance), you wouldn't have gotten in trouble.

I wasn't in striking range. 

If I going to get hit in real life. I'm hardly going to stop and let him hit me. He was swinging it! 

He was either corrupt or doing something wrong as he had previously hit me before. Him running at me with a swinging baton is something I'm hardly going to stop for. 

He was trying to assault me, therefore FearRP is off. 
A gun is different because you can be hit at any range, doesn't mean FearRP applies halfway across the map where you will be shot. You would run away from it and seek shelter, right?
(Feb 25, 2017, 04:54 PM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 25, 2017, 06:11 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]From what I can make from the low audio, I see him strike you once. This can count as corruption or just terrible police work in general.

You were within striking range once you began to run and refused to stop. That is how you broke out of his range.

If I going to get hit in real life. I'm hardly going to stop and let him hit me. He was swinging it! 

He was swinging it because you decided to start running within striking distance, so he was attempting to stop you, therefore breaking Fearp.

He was either corrupt or doing something wrong as he had previously hit me before. Him running at me with a swinging baton is something I'm hardly going to stop for. 

Sadly, that is how our rules are. If we were going to allow the players to have full reign on their actions, we would see players acting unrealistically (aka breaking Fearp) by pulling a weapon out if one is drawn on them because "That's what I would in real life!!!". Not to mention that he striked you to detain you, not for any random reason. It was 1 hit, hardly abuse of force.

He was attempting to knock you out as you broke Fearp and started running.

A gun is different because you can be hit at any range, doesn't mean FearRP applies halfway across the map where you will be shot. You would run away from it and seek shelter, right?

Technically yes and no. If someone says there is a shooter who will shoot you if you move and you can confirm that he's telling the truth, that is Fearp. However if it is just a random shooter across the way, yes you can flee.
(Feb 25, 2017, 06:16 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

You were within striking range once you began to run and refused to stop. That is how you broke out of his range.

He was swinging it because you decided to start running within striking distance, so he was attempting to stop you, therefore breaking Fearp.

Sadly, that is how our rules are. If we were going to allow the players to have full reign on their actions, we would see players acting unrealistically (aka breaking Fearp) by pulling a weapon out if one is drawn on them because "That's what I would in real life!!!". Not to mention that he striked you to detain you, not for any random reason. It was 1 hit, hardly abuse of force.

Technically yes and no. If someone says there is a shooter who will shoot you if you move and you can confirm that he's telling the truth, that is Fearp. However if it is just a random shooter across the way, yes you can flee.

I don't see your comment Soviet. Just the quote.
Check the bold text.
(Feb 25, 2017, 06:16 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, upon reviewing the footage I noticed that, which is why I didnt post the UBR earlier. I didnt notice this at the time I was stopped due to the lighting, and black on black, you'll have to take my word on that. 

If I was in striking distance, he would surely have hit me. He has a taser for situations like that. 

I dont understand how he striked me to detain me. I was causing no trouble up untill that moment and was already detained and in cuffs.

I had snuck out of his FearRP range, and hopped over the fence which was a fast way to escape him, as he was using a baton. As I was Corleone, I think I'd rather take a hit over the head, than give in to the cops and let them have their way.  You can see criminals try and escape all the time by hopping over a fence to try and get a headstart, or "trying something" to get away. Although like you mentioned, the rules dont allow that, so you basically give in to a jail cell, when you could try and escape as a mafia member which realistically is what they would do. 

I have replied using This format to your existing reply. 

Sorry for the derp before.
Denied

Closing Notes: Sadly in this scenario, it is your responsibility to know of your surroundings. That being said, you must understand that when under fearp and given an order, unless something "climatic" happens (Like shots are fired, a car crashes and takes their attention away from you, etc.) you have to abide by Fearp. I do understand you may have not been able to make out the whole scenario due to what you have said (Trust me, I take your word for it), but we have rules that must be followed.