Limelight Forums

Full Version: Zona's unban request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ban ID:

Banned by:
[L²] Enzyme

Server:
All | Banned by SteamID

Ban Reason:
TOS - Under review

Why should you be unbanned?:
I think i should be unbanned because;

1. That wasnt my server but i helped that small community without growing without taking any staff rank.

2. Steam's workshop says:

Everyone is allowed to use addons you upload - Steam Workshop is not your personal file hosting, it is a distribution service for your mods and the like. By uploading your addons to Steam Workshop you agree that anyone can download and use your uploaded content, anyone is allowed to edit it (though not redistribute it without your consent, edited or not). You can't say "you are not allowed to use this addon on your server" or similar things. Adding code that would stop people from using your addon on their servers falls into the Malicious Code category.

I just followed Steam's Workshop TOS at that moment since

1. I was banned from LL before the TOS.
2. Since Steam's Workshop TOS tells all players that you are allowed, then i most likey think you are allowed to use any Addons/content that's posted on their service as its not a Place for a community to keep their content personlly and restricted.

I hope that you guys can see this from my perspective. I just wanted to code and help a community because after the ban for FearRP, then i was cutted from the Contributor program so i didnt feel that i got much to do with contributing to LL anymore.

Evidence:

N/A
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Zona.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Under review
Giving this 24 hours untill I conclude this.

(Staff-members are posting their opinions on this internally)
Thanks for keeping me updated Wink)
Thank you for your patience. This took a bit longer than I had planned but I was gathering opinions from other Administrators.
Here's the verdict:

You were hosting our content packs, with our name and logo like this:
[Image: 5f047575dd5029e1059d7a7321f720ce.png]
(Note: this is not a screenshot of the page of addons for your server, image is here to show what I mean with our name and logo on our files).

You had our content files (containing content that we have created) and you were hosting them on a server you helped develop.
You've hosted content that we've created on your server without consent. Because of this, you were issued a TOS ban for hosting our content without permission.

You bring up Valves rules for the workshop but:

1. Those rules might apply on Valve workshop, but we aren't obligated to have the same rules.

2. We have the right to exclude whoever we see fit from our community and servers. The most common reason for doing this is because someone has broken our rules, guidelines or Terms of Service.

3. These following quotes:

Quote:Valve respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask that everyone using our internet sites and services do the same. Anyone who believes that their work has been reproduced in one of our internet sites or services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement may notify Valve's copyright agent using the form below.

Submitting a claim of copyright infringement is a serious legal matter. Before you proceed, you might consider contacting the individual directly to address the complaint. It might be a simple misunderstanding and possible to address without involving proper legal process.

Be aware that under Section 512(f) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be liable for damages.

Please also note that the information provided in this legal notice may be shared with third-parties or made public.
https://steamcommunity.com/dmca/create/

Quote:Claims of Copyright Infringement
Valve respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask that everyone using our internet sites and services do the same. Anyone who believes that their work has been reproduced in one of our internet sites or services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement may notify Valve via this page.

More information about U.S. copyright law can be found at the United States Copyright Office https://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/
https://store.steampowered.com/legal

So to sum up, you were hosting our content (that we created) on a server that was public without our permission.
This is something we view as unacceptable and this is why your ban will remain as it is issued. Ban-reason will be elaborated on to explain more in detail as to why you're banned and that the case is no longer under investigation.

Denied.