Limelight Forums

Full Version: Make Public Transport Great Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed that Public Transport is irrelevant and I think there should be something done to make it great again. 

There's so many times where you can go Chauffeur, as either a bus or Taxi driver and have only a few people riding along at a time. It's a job that is incredibly irrelevant, possibly the most irrelevant job on CityRP. 

I think we should think of a plan to make it more of an active and essential job, perhaps by increasing vehicle costs, or fuel prices to the point where getting a Taxi is much cheaper and reliable. 

Any ideas or suggestions on how to make Public Transport a better and more essential job? 

Current Suggestions:
+ Increase fuel and repair prices so public transport is more efficient. - Coupcake
+ Introduce car insurance or license fees you have to pay each time you wreck/use your car. - Fancysol3c 
+ Add train or monorail. - Vatipaa
+ If you crash your car a certain amount of times in a certain space of time, you lose it for a certain time? E.g 5 mins. - Constrictor
You could also have a no-claims bonus. - Lord Octagon
Add train or monorail Big Grin
Make fuel way more expensive
or introduce car insurance or license fees you have to pay each time you wreck/use your car.
(Feb 11, 2017, 10:28 PM)francysol3c Wrote: [ -> ]Make fuel way more expensive
or introduce car insurance or license fees you have to pay each time you wreck/use your car.

That's a good thought. I'll add it to suggested
(Feb 11, 2017, 09:18 PM)Vatipaa Wrote: [ -> ]Add train or monorail Big Grin

How?!  Exclamation
(Feb 11, 2017, 10:40 PM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]

How?!  Exclamation

Blackdog. That's how.
If you crash your car a certain amount of times in a certain space of time, you lose it for a certain time? E.g 5 mins.
(Feb 11, 2017, 11:00 PM)Constrictor Wrote: [ -> ]If you crash your car a certain amount of times in a certain space of time, you lose it for a certain time? E.g 5 mins.

Will add this to Suggestions. Thanks Smile
(Feb 11, 2017, 11:00 PM)Constrictor Wrote: [ -> ]If you crash your car a certain amount of times in a certain space of time, you lose it for a certain time? E.g 5 mins.

You could also have a no-claims bonus.
(Feb 11, 2017, 11:16 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]

Genius. But how would it be enforced?
(Feb 12, 2017, 12:10 AM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 11, 2017, 11:16 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]

Genius. But how would it be enforced?

Just like tax. Automatically taken out of your account. I.e every 10 minutes of driving. If you haven't crashed for a certain amount of time e.g 1 hour, the amount is reduced; the converse will also be true.

So then, "mono" means one, and "rail" means rail! And that concludes our intensive three-week course.
[Image: 05iZj.png]