Limelight Forums

Full Version: [L²:RP][F.I] Sours | FailRP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of Player: [L²:RP][F.I] Sours

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17477046

Server: v4b1

Time: Around 19:50 (7.50pm)

Summary: Sours proceeded to spam /request a total of 11 times, which I presume he had bound to a certain key. After speaking to 2 administrators both confirmed said actions were against the rules and one said it would be classed as FailRP. Witnesses at time (I believe) include:  & . There were others however they have slipped from my mind.

Evidence:
[Image: 1426682E371BEAA117DE70330F5C7245B8F0DFC2]
[Image: 2yiAlI5.png]
[Image: lPCdQrX.png]
[Image: orEIH9o.png]

Logs will also provide further evidence.
Thank you for your player-report, Faustin.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, the accused player and witnesses may reply to this report.
I do use a Bind for keys on this to make processes faster - I didn't mean to spam the chat with the /request and I did apologies for doing so.

The Bind went off after the key was stuck down. Not that it would matter completely however, I did comment towards during the situation of that happening complaining that my keyboard key was stuck down.

As said before, I did apologies for the spam I did as it was an accident and wasn't meant to be.
(Feb 9, 2017, 10:24 PM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]I do use a Bind for keys on this to make processes faster - I didn't mean to spam the chat with the /request and I did apologies for doing so.

The Bind went off after the key was stuck down. Not that it would matter completely however, I did comment towards during the situation of that happening complaining that my keyboard key was stuck down.

As said before, I did apologies for the spam I did as it was an accident and wasn't meant to be.

As any administrator reviewing can see, all it takes is some simple tests in game to prove that holding down a key, (the equivalent of it getting stuck), only enters the bound message in chat once, and is not spammed.
(Feb 9, 2017, 10:32 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 9, 2017, 10:24 PM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]I do use a Bind for keys on this to make processes faster - I didn't mean to spam the chat with the /request and I did apologies for doing so.

As any administrator reviewing can see, all it takes is some simple tests in game to prove that holding down a key, (the equivalent of it getting stuck), only enters the bound message in chat once, and is not spammed.

A stuck key could cause this, if it was stuck around the actuation point rather than flat at the bottom.

I'd also like to add, the accused apologised shortly after the incident, so this isn't just something he made up on the spot.

v4b1
[20:50:18]
[L²:RP][F.I] Sours
(STEAM_0:1:17477046)

used command: request [Emergency Alert] Requesting Local Police Authority to Little Villiage. Heavy Resistance in the area, Situation in Progress. Code 3.

v4b1
[20:50:39]
said: // Sorry,

Accused/submitting player have 24 hours to add anything else they wish before I conclude this.
Obviously, the "Sorry" comment was rushed also so that's why nothing more was really added due to the gunfight that was there at the time.

Nothing else to add to the case, .
(Feb 9, 2017, 11:18 PM)Lods Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 9, 2017, 10:32 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]

A stuck key could cause this, if it was stuck around the actuation point rather than flat at the bottom.

I'd also like to add, the accused apologised shortly after the incident, so this isn't just something he made up on the spot.

v4b1
[20:50:18]

used command: request [Emergency Alert] Requesting Local Police Authority to Little Villiage. Heavy Resistance in the area, Situation in Progress. Code 3.

v4b1
[20:50:39]
said: // Sorry,

Accused/submitting player have 24 hours to add anything else they wish before I conclude this.

Just tested this, at no point did a message get spammed in chat.
It can vary on the type of keyboard. For example, mechanical keyboards are more likely to experience this issue as they age and degrade.

With consideration of evidence, it is clear the accused user is aware of the issue and moves to repair it, afterwards promptly apologising for the problem caused. In addition, it seems unlikely that intentional spam would only happen over a period of 3 seconds. One would at least assume it would continue until a response is received.

With that,
Denied.