Limelight Forums

Full Version: Excessive response via police.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Apex

Is it just me, or do the Police always go overboard with the response to any kind of /911?

For example I was playing as a Police Officer yesterday and someone made a /911 about some guy that was punching him. Surely this must require 1 - 2 officers at most, but the entire Police Force arrived like there was a mass shooting (Speeding in and swerving cars round corners, etc) It's just really silly and kinda annoying after a while.

It pretty much makes it impossible for any kind of passive Police-rp to actually take place.
This generally happens when the force is but well communicated. Generally you'll get a bunch of good police roleplayers who'll actually try to sort the situation without the use of firearms generally.

Sent via Mobile

Apex

Yeah, it's just a shame that the majority of Police roleplayers go into a situation with the sole intention of arresting somebody, or instigating the situation.
Communication is a key point in anything, even aggressive roleplay on the Darker Side such as with Co-Op Anarchists and Corleone members to create Strategic attacks and responses upon your so called "enemy". Generally, because the police are generally not so well trained by players too often, they try to teach themselves as best as they can however forget about the true meaning of being part of a team which is Communication. This is the same with everything. Administration, Teaching, Contributing, Developing, Policing, Swating. Everything, even real life roles.
you make it sound like entire force responded and went over board for a punch fight
my question is how can it involve mass shooting etc just for some punching?
sounds like alot more was going on that you are saying
a cop may have come to the punch fight, as soon as guns got involved a panic/backup was pressed and all Cops responded. at a guess ofc

Apex

The mass shooting was just an example of how excessive their reaction was, sorry if I worded it in a way that lead to confusion.
This is a good point, however, with good communication, this doesn't usually happen. If one or two officers say that they're enroute and don't need help (via 10-codes if you like), then the rest of the force shouldn't show up. Your situation normally happens when no one responds in radio, or people just keep saying 'enroute' etc.

Certainly, people definitely like to treat these situations in an overboard manner because they might be bored and want to make things exciting... passive RP, good to learn.
(Feb 6, 2017, 01:08 PM)ArcHammer Wrote: [ -> ]This is a good point, however, with good communication, this doesn't usually happen. If one or two officers say that they're enroute and don't need help (via 10-codes if you like), then the rest of the force shouldn't show up. Your situation normally happens when no one responds in radio, or people just keep saying 'enroute' etc.

Certainly, people definitely like to treat these situations in an overboard manner because they might be bored and want to make things exciting... passive RP, good to learn.

I had a case where a citizen made a 911 call because he drove a fence over. Nothing bad.
I told via radio that I'm gonna respond to this. It took 1 and a half minute that the entire force was there.
Just another reason why we have to require training and ride alongs before allowing players to be law enforcement.
- *Goes 100mph*
- "/request Yo this guy is speeding"
- "/radio Show me responding to 911 call"
- "/radio SWAT Required?"

Apex

(Feb 6, 2017, 07:15 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]- *Goes 100mph*
- "/request Yo this guy is speeding"
- "/radio Show me responding to 911 call"
- "/radio SWAT Required?"

Exactly, it just seems like SWAT are desperate to get involved in every incident humanly possible. (Not saying all of them do, just the majority) and when they do eventually get involved; they escalate it to a firefight. 

I'm with Soviethooves on this: Training should be required for police.
This is something that would differ player-per-player. If you have a well communicating emergency services team, they will be conducting proper radio comms and will be able to make sure only the required amount of LEOs would respond to the 911. I sure as heck wouldn't call in the whole force just for two people fighting each other. An additional is nice to have with you, but nothing more is necessary.

If you feel like the officers wandering around aren't experienced or aren't sure what to do in certain situations, I suggest you help them along (if they even want to accept any help from people outside of the force) or make sure you join the force, too, so you can help them out more with their response(s) to incidents.
The same reason you'll get three squad cars on a guy who rolled a stop sign in the real world.

Nothing else going on.
For cops it can be down to how someone calls it in, use /backup or /distress and it'll most likely end up with a full force response even if you only need 1 or 2 additional units. Communication is key and seems to be the issue, cops will rarely work as a team because many aren't friends so wont immediately associate with others. Where as criminals could work as a friendship group a lot easier as there isn't a limit to the number of people as citizens over the police force.

The issue for SWAT is most of the time they've got fuck all to respond to and just resort to standing around or "training" shooting at targets, they want to be part of the action.

Apex

Yeah I can understand that SWAT get bored but then again, they those that role so that should be expected. I just wish that they didn't act like a trigger happy death squad and "Run and gun" every call they get.

Like for examples sake there was a drug dealer being held up in a house with guns, they just roll up, have a quick plan and then bash the door down and shoot anything that moves. Ya'know considering they literally have "Tactics" in their name, you'd expect more of it.
Pages: 1 2 3