Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR: John Master
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of Player: John Master(RP name:Sergej 'Dmitrij' Chrusnov)
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:85301765
Server: Garry's Mod, Evocity_v4b1
Time: About 8:36 UTC+0
Summary: The above player has created a doomfort which was almost unable to raid. Only his head was visible and also the corridor was that long we couldn't hide anywhere but at the front, which was hard to access
Evidence:
The doomfort from close + owner's name on the right
Only head was visible
The only cover was the fading door visible in above screenshot, not sure if it was controlled by a button in the other side
Thank you for your player-report, PawkoW.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, the accused player and witnesses may reply to this report.

Pat

My Evidence: 1. https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c...F66C412F8/
2. https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c...13E06E396/
3. https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c...142AA3002/
4. https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c...A5AFC2B16/
--- After the raid ---
Before he removed it:
5. https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c...0402D786B/
After he removed it:
6. https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c...5C3EB9590/
If that's not enough, let me know. I have footage of it.

Pat

(Feb 5, 2017, 12:20 PM)mywarthog Wrote: [ -> ]If that's not enough, let me know. I have footage of it.

Is it A video. If so. Can you please upload it.
Base Rules

18.1 All buildings in the main city street and all obvious shops are reserved for passive roleplay; do not base here.

I didnt break this rule.

18.2 Walls used to surround a base can't be more than 4 metres tall (4 PHX units).

I didnt break this rule.

18.3 Bases must fit the roleplay of the situation. For example, poor characters cannot afford high-tech bases.

I didnt break this rule. (Only 1 Fading Barrier that you can jump with CTRL + Space)

18.4 Barricades must be made so that the attacker has a reasonable chance of victory.

As you can see on the evidence. (https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c...14C0A4B7E/They can see my head and half of my torso, so they have big chance to victory 2 shots to the head or Tranq. Sniper. (Thats question of your own skilll) That means: I didnt break this rule.

18.5 Do not use the fading door tool to fade a prop away in order to shoot.

I didnt break this rule.

18.6 Props with one-sided textures are only allowed to be used as a window. Using these props as part of a doomfort or to make it easier for you to shoot attackers is not allowed.

I didnt break this rule.

18.7 Doomforts are not allowed.

I believe doomfortress is something like UNRAIDABLE FORTRESS. But as you can see in the evidence they died because I used FN P90 to kill them because there was close range. But they get so close (My HP bar was at 32%)... That means this base wasnt UNRAIDABLE. That means: I didnt break this rule.

I also was speaking with  (Admin Sit) about THIS fortress, and he said that we cant have 1 way entrance fortress like a shooting gallery. So we deleted the props blocking cover on the right side of the kitchen. But rest of the  base is 100% Legit.

Pat

18.3 Bases must fit the roleplay of the situation. For example, poor characters cannot afford high-tech bases.
You were an Anarchist. Anarchists are mainly poor people that go round mugging people/doing petty crimes. Anarchists don't use massive basses. You are a poor character, you wouldn't be able to afford a whole base with a roof and high-tech defences.
(Feb 5, 2017, 04:00 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
You were an Anarchist. Anarchists are mainly poor people that go round mugging people/doing petty crimes. Anarchists don't use massive basses. You are a poor character, you wouldn't be able to afford a whole base with a roof and high-tech defences.

Here are some of your points:
1) Its not massive base as you are saying. Its normal base with 4 walls  and roof.
2) There wasnt any High-Tech defense. Only 1 Fading Barrier (Which you can jump over) as I said in my answer.

So there you go. Can you please let this on admins?
(Feb 5, 2017, 04:00 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]

(NOT INVOLVED)

Mister daniel, no anarchists are not "poor" as you say.. there is no written thing about them beeing poor, nothing of their acts nor clothing refers to tem beeing poor, arachists are simply people that are against the law, not against the money.

edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism
This is currently being investigated.

Thank you for your patience.
(Feb 5, 2017, 03:40 PM)John Master Wrote: [ -> ]
Base Rules

18.2 Walls used to surround a base can't be more than 4 metres tall (4 PHX units).

I didnt break this rule.

18.4 Barricades must be made so that the attacker has a reasonable chance of victory.

As you can see on the evidence. (https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c...14C0A4B7E/They can see my head and half of my torso, so they have big chance to victory 2 shots to the head or Tranq. Sniper. (Thats question of your own skilll) That means: I didnt break this rule.

18.7 Doomforts are not allowed.

I believe doomfortress is something like UNRAIDABLE FORTRESS. But as you can see in the evidence they died because I used FN P90 to kill them because there was close range. But they get so close (My HP bar was at 32%)... That means this base wasnt UNRAIDABLE. That means: I didnt break this rule.

I also was speaking with  (Admin Sit) about THIS fortress, and he said that we cant have 1 way entrance fortress like a shooting gallery. So we deleted the props blocking cover on the right side of the kitchen. But rest of the  base is 100% Legit.

I deleted the irrelevant rules to the PR that you added to this in order to show things in a different light.

18.2 - I'm not exactly sure what a PHX is, but if it's roughly the scaled equivalent of a meter, I can tell you right now by looking at those screenshots that you definitely broke the 4 meter rule. Assuming that I'm looking at the right thing in the last two screenshots, and assuming that a story is roughly about 8 feet, the wall looks like it extends more than two stories which would be about 16 feet. 16ft > 13ft, which is about 4m.

18.4 Calling it explicitly a question of that players skill is extremely questionable, to say the least. By the time any player even saw you, you would have already saw them and picked them out. And assuming they fired shots, you could very easily crouch down and hide behind that wall.

18.7 Unraidable means that there are no open way to get behind the wall, which as shown in the evidence, there clearly are not any possible ways. Close range and your health bar mean absolutely nothing. I have killedplayers before that were behind doom forts, whether or not you can kill someone/injure some is irrelevant. A doomfort is when a cop can not get behind it, for example to handcuff the individual behind it, based on my understanding of them.

And the props - you didn't delete them. If you're referring to the crates that you had stacked up,  they were still there. Unless you're talking about something else, but as far as I saw, we only had one way in to what was essentially a barrel/pit, and the only other option we had to find anything to get to the other side was a single shooting lane, which there were bullets flying down.

Anyways. I'll upload that video, no promises on how quickly YouTube will process it.

Note regarding the mafia helping: We told them a few times to not help (one guy warned them ooc via mic that it was against the rules for FailRP), including @ the 2:50 mark where I was about to tell them again one last time, but got interrupted by gun fire.

Also, note when I told them to back up ooc - I meant that I wanted them to stay behind me so that I could get a clear shot video with shadowplay. Wasn't intended to give a sergeant order through ooc chat.
(Feb 5, 2017, 09:28 PM)mywarthog Wrote: [ -> ]

Note regarding the mafia helping: We told them a few times to not help (one guy warned them ooc via mic that it was against the rules for FailRP), including @ the 2:50 mark where I was about to tell them again one last time, but got interrupted by gun fire.

Also, note when I told them to back up ooc - I meant that I wanted them to stay behind me so that I could get a clear shot video with shadowplay. Wasn't intended to give a sergeant order through ooc chat.

(NOT INVOLVED)
I can clearly see you guys breaking 12.5 by beeing in work with corleones

If you aren't involved, don't comment.

-Soviethooves 
Again, we told them not to multiple times (Check logs).  At the time, we didn't deal with them in the way of filing a warrant/cuffing them/going through an arrest RP process, because we were trying to hunt John down (Disastorous was killed at the BK) - Our bigger concern was finding and dealing with the guy shooting at us. Had there been an admin on, I would have done @, but we had a bigger situation to deal with (finding the guy shooting at us). The best we could do given the circumstances was just warn them to stay away.

Irregardless, this is irrelevant to the PR. I just left those two notes there for the admins reviewing the video, in case they had questions about those points.
Upon further review:

The barricade at the end requires you to jump over, which is not allowed unless said barricade can be opened in some way, or gotten around.
It can, and would be fine, were it not for the fact the keypad to open it is in the firing line of the defences.

Accused player will receive a day's ban and 4 hour PTE blacklist.

Approved.