Limelight Forums

Full Version: Fearrp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right,I was wondering if someone has a taser on you while you're in a car will it count as being under fearrp?As realisticaly the taser would not be able to penetrate the glass/door
Hello, ,

Based from what I can see from Server Rules:
2.1 You must follow FearRP – Your character must act afraid of life-threatening situations or of any weapons pointed at you.
2.1a You cannot attack a person who has a gun (or stun gun) pointed at you.

The Taser Stun gun is classed as a weapon so based from only the rules listed on the LimeLight F1 Menu and Forums - Yes, you should follow FearRP when someone is asking you to and you fall under the criteria for you to be placed under FearRP.

From my view however, If you roleplay it out correctly (not just driving backwards and away) - I do believe you might be able to find the correct way to remove yourself from the FearRP of the taser. You are in a vehicle with glass which the taser is most likely not going to break so I would also say your staff. I'll probably wait for more Player/Teacher/Staff opinions before actually archiving this question.
Wouldn't that be attempting to find loop holes in rules tho?
(Jan 30, 2017, 01:15 PM)ICEKILLER_99 Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't that be attempting to find loop holes in rules tho?

It's confusing, from looking at it - Technically, Yes - The rules state that the taser is a weapon to follow FearRP under however, what you just commented on in your main post has actually made me think upon the topic of the FearRP with a vehicle as it actually is unable to do anything to you while you are in the vehicle.

EDIT//

On the loophole part - It's more of a discussion at the moment towards it. As the S.W.A.T Truck is Bulletproof and FearRP doesn't apply however, I would wonder why a taser would matter.
As far as i know, the taser counts as fearRP inside a car, as you would have a free hand to break the window and taze.
I think it might be best for staff to have their say.

Thoughts?
Good luck breaking a car window with your hand in the given time limit.

OT:
I always looked at this particular case like this:
No, tasers do NOT apply FearRP while in cars THAT ARE FULLY ENCLOSED (no open roof, etc). A simple example as to why this makes perfect sense is if you look at the SWAT Van situation. Even though you must act afraid of guns being pointed at you, guns cannot actually harm you inside the SWAT van so FearRP doesn't apply. Even though you must act afraid of a taser pointed at you, tasers cannot actually harm you inside any enclosed car so FearRP doesn't apply.
Alright,this can be closed
Archived and Closed
User requested closure.

Lieutenant Sours
LimeLight Assistant