Limelight Forums

Full Version: Depression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, welcome to a rather deep thread which I'm sure you're all going to enjoy.

So, since the start of Year 10, a couple of months after I left limelight, I started to regain depression which I had in Year 7.

Today, I sent a letter to my deputy head about it, after feeling incredibly down, here is the letter:

William Farmery 10PR
Hello Mr. NotyourConcern,

As you don’t like me sending emails towards your account I’m going to put it down on paper, as it’s easier to do so instead of in person.

Basically, when I was forced to leave my friends, family and area I knew for the favour of my mum, During the years of being at South Hunsley I had depression, which wasn’t as bad as I could still contact some of my friends, Person1 and Person2.
When I asked my dad to come pick me up, that depression slowly left, when I went into Year 9, It was pretty much non-existent which allowed me to be what I was in Year 9. Kind, polite and who I was.
As you can probably tell, Year 9 was better behaviour wise then Year 10.
From the start of Year 10, I started to get depressed again, it affected my attitude towards people, to the school and to my learning. When I had it in South Hunsley, it wasn’t that bad, but it’s worse in Year 10 to the point where I have had thoughts in the worse case scenario, suicide. 

It’s mainly gotten worse since the start of Year 10. It used to be just the feelings, but now it’s just everything.
I’m finding myself angry all the time, but also incredibly emotional at the same time.

Sometimes I can’t cope, and sometimes I feel like walking out of school just to keep myself in order.
When out of school, I’m the same. 
My PS4 can keep my mind clear, but that’s only for a short space of time. Whenever it’s not clear, my mind is filled with things I regret, miss, am angry about and upsetting moments. No happy moments, just simply contemplating my life and everything around it.
I used to enjoy school, life, friends and just everything, but now it feels as if everything is dark and against me.

I hate my life.

He then brought me out of last lesson and we talked about it and he gave me at the end a couple of support lines and that, and we're going to have more sessions to talk as I only touched the outskirts.

Either way Depression is something that you shouldn't joke about. It's a serious thing, and even whilst writing this I'm feeling down. Always feeling down. It's affected my friendship, relationship, school and family. Everything is a mess.

What are your thoughts about Depression?
It's pretty damn serious and I speak first hand. I tend to volunteer here at there at a support service who speak to people who are feeling depressed, anxious etc and it pisses me off when people try to move mental health along as if it's not a real thing because if led to develop further, it can really become dangerous.
Depression is a bitch that's too easliy brushed off by other people. Thats my thoughts on it.

If you man would like to talk about it, Hit me up on steam. I've been through some shit myself in my life (as most of us have) and you might find that I have something smart to say. Ofcourse everything you talk about will be between you and me.

If you dont wanna talk about with me its very understandable, but talk about it with someone. the more you sit and dwell on it the worse it gets.
Been through it, got through it.

Call me if you wanna talk, but this is something you need to deal with on your own for serious improvements, and that's from my experience.
Tend to just take frustration out in the gym, when ever something goes wrong, it's always a great place to go.
(Jan 27, 2017, 04:51 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Been through it, got through it.

Call me if you wanna talk, but this is something you need to deal with on your own for serious improvements, and that's from my experience.

On the contrary, Soviet. Multiple studies have show that opening up to someone that will offer help is a much better way to go about it. This could be anyone, you doctor, a psychologist, your friend(s), parents or even a complete stranger online (some people find it easier because of the anonymity) the first but also one of the biggest steps but also the scariest step to combat depression is to seek help and talk about it. 

I'm also speaking from personal experience, once I opened up to someone the enormous weights that were lifted was indescribable.

My point is, Zambie don't sit and "deal with it yourself" get help instead, In wich you have already done. You reached out to someone, and I'm very glad you did.
(Jan 27, 2017, 05:04 AM)Innovative Wrote: [ -> ]Tend to just take frustration out in the gym, when ever something goes wrong, it's always a great place to go.

Workout is one of the best medicine whether it's depression, confidence, anxiety etc etc (sorry for the double posting could say I'm above average interested in psychology)
Never had any depression.
But my ex had borderline which i had to deal with for 5 years.
So i know alot about it, i hope you get through it even though our words won't probably affect anything.
Picking up on what said, there's a website I know of called BlahTherapy, which basically puts you in touch with a stranger and you can just vent. Not used it much myself personally, but it might help if you want a no-strings-attached kind of session to clear your mind.