Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ban ID: 4797

Banned by: [L²] Soviethooves

Server: V1B1

Ban Reason: Harassing Staff after warned and kicked | Insulting staff

Why should you be unbanned?: I think I should be unbanned because to be totally truthful with you, at no time did I insult Soviethooves, not once. I don't understand where at all I insulted him, I feel I'm only banned because I stood up for myself rather than letting it go, because I felt like Soviethooves was treating me like I'm a child, like I cannot comprehend basic English or do simple tasks when asked to do so. I am such a generous guy, you can ask a lot of people and they will tell you this, never in my life do I respond in a negative way unless I have been done unfairly, this is exactly how I am no matter who you are, normal player or Administrator, I'm not going to let anyone belittle me and it's that simple. No one should ever have to deal with being treated like they are less of a human just because you have power in a video game, it's totally uncalled for and so unnecessary. Soviethooves said that he told me my building was improper in some way, but in fact all he did was fly over to me invisible, grab me up and start removing my dupe. And all he had to do in the first place was come to me, tell me my dupe isn't proper or isn't allowed and that I need to remove it, and Iwould have had absolutely NO problem at all following his orders.. But instead he just went ahead and moved me over and started deleting my props, mind you, I nearly fell off because he deleted the floor first, luckily I was standing over a pole or I would have fell to my death. I guess the point is, I feel like I was just done so poorly, and Soviethooves you can feel free to post a response here if you'd like. I really truly want to know exactly which part of what I said was so insulting to you that you felt the need to ban me for 3 days? I feel as if I'm banned simply for standing up for myself whilst feeling like I've been treated totally unfairly, an Administrator should (In My Opinion) resort first thing to respectfully educate those who've done something wrong, it truly isn't hard at all to talk to someone in a respectfulmanner who has absolutely done nothing wrong to hurt you nor anyone else in any way at all, treating people in a 3rd person perspective should come natural to those of you who are doing the Job of keeping the server clean and free of rule breakers, while that is your Job, you should also take into consideration that a simple respectful conversation with a player can totally change their perspective on not only you as a person, but the gamemode too. I love it here at LL, and this incident will not make me any less humble than I always have been, I'm a generous person and I will continue to be that way to those who are the same in return to me. I cant wait to be playing again, I mean honestly this game is literally ALL I have been doing with my free time lately, as most people IG will see I've been holding the leaderboards for most hours played for like, a week or two now, so I am a pretty dedicated player, and I wish to keep learning more and more as I continue to play, but I can assure you, punishing me like this isn't helping me at all. Anyway, I will stop rambling on now I guess, since there's not much more I can say other than, I am sorry if I have offended the Admin Soviethooves but, when I was responding to him, I made sure to be as respectful as I could with how low he had made me feel at the time. I really do hope at least that Soviethooves will respond and tell me exactly which part of what I said was the insult, so I can better prepare myself in the future so incidents like this don't happen again, as I said, I LOVE playing here. Thank you to whoever reviews my UBR, and regardless the decision made, thank you for taking the time to do so.

Evidence: None, my game crashed immediately after Soviethooves banned me. I think he may have proof from the console though of the messages.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Disastrous.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Disastrous Wrote: I think I should be unbanned because to be totally truthful with you, at no time did I insult Soviethooves, not once. I don't understand where at all I insulted him, I feel I'm only banned because I stood up for myself rather than letting it go, because I felt like Soviethooves was treating me like I'm a child, like I cannot comprehend basic English or do simple tasks when asked to do so.

(At no time did I treat you like a child other when you decided start insulting my character (Not RP Character, my ACTUAL personal character), attacking my own structure as a staff member, and deciding to continue to assault me through PM because I didn't act like a kind angel to you. Not all people deserve the soft treatment, especially when they ask for the same thing over, and over, throwing insults as they go.)

I am such a generous guy, you can ask a lot of people and they will tell you this, never in my life do I respond in a negative way unless I have been done unfairly, this is exactly how I am no matter who you are, normal player or Administrator, I'm not going to let anyone belittle me and it's that simple.

(You were never belittled, you were taught a lesson that not everyone will treat you with kindness if you act with such a rude tone. Also, your personal characteristics do not matter at this time. This is about rule breaking, not personal "cracks".)[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]

No one should ever have to deal with being treated like they are less of a human just because you have power in a video game, it's totally uncalled for and so unnecessary.

(You weren't treated like a non-human animal. You were treated with neutrality and then to a stern figure as, you guessed it, staff do have power in this part of Gmod and tend to get strict if you decided to backtalk and insult their defense.)

Soviethooves said that he told me my building was improper in some way, but in fact all he did was fly over to me invisible, grab me up and start removing my dupe. And all he had to do in the first place was come to me, tell me my dupe isn't proper or isn't allowed and that I need to remove it, and Iwould have had absolutely NO problem at all following his orders. But instead he just went ahead and moved me over and started deleting my props, mind you, I nearly fell off because he deleted the floor first, luckily I was standing over a pole or I would have fell to my death. I guess the point is, I feel like I was just done so poorly, and Soviethooves you can feel free to post a response here if you'd like. I really truly want to know exactly which part of what I said was so insulting to you that you felt the need to ban me for 3 days?

[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif](Much to your surprise, I actually did inform you of what you did wrong as I dragged you near the door. If you wish for an eye witness,  was there at the time. And about the 3 days, I had to warn you and kick you first of all about not haulting your PM's to me, and then you came back to insult me in OOC at which I brought you to a roof and explained to you the whole scenario and told you what you did wrong.)

I feel as if I'm banned simply for standing up for myself whilst feeling like I've been treated totally unfairly, an Administrator should (In My Opinion) resort first thing to respectfully educate those who've done something wrong, it truly isn't hard at all to talk to someone in a respectfulmanner who has absolutely done nothing wrong to hurt you nor anyone else in any way at all, treating people in a 3rd person perspective should come natural to those of you who are doing the Job of keeping the server clean and free of rule breakers, while that is your Job, you should also take into consideration that a simple respectful conversation with a player can totally change their perspective on not only you as a person, but the gamemode too.

(I actually did have a peaceful and informative conversation with you when I moved you and started explaining to you (the first time), however I guess I was speaking to fast for you and you seemed to only try to talk over me a little as I finished and put you on the ground.)

I love it here at LL, and this incident will not make me any less humble than I always have been, I'm a generous person and I will continue to be that way to those who are the same in return to me. I cant wait to be playing again, I mean honestly this game is literally ALL I have been doing with my free time lately, as most people IG will see I've been holding the leaderboards for most hours played for like, a week or two now, so I am a pretty dedicated player, and I wish to keep learning more and more as I continue to play, but I can assure you, punishing me like this isn't helping me at all.

(It's a punishment for rule breaking and is meant to give you a break from our servers to learn from your mistakes. We do feel great that you enjoy our services at LL, however that is nothing that needs to be said in a UBR. We wish for the facts in these, and saying how much you love the services will not help either party.)

Anyway, I will stop rambling on now I guess, since there's not much more I can say other than, I am sorry if I have offended the Admin Soviethooves but, when I was responding to him, I made sure to be as respectful as I could with how low he had made me feel at the time. I really do hope at least that Soviethooves will respond and tell me exactly which part of what I said was the insult, so I can better prepare myself in the future so incidents like this don't happen again, as I said, I LOVE playing here. Thank you to whoever reviews my UBR, and regardless the decision made, thank you for taking the time to do so.[/font]
[/font]

Continue in P2.
[font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]
Continue in P3.
Apologies for any repeating lines.

Feel free to make your opposing argument within 48 Hours.

I do not take kindly to insults towards me or other players, especially when they aim for their characteristics and personal mindset. Not all insults have to be accompanied with cursing.. Although I may have come off as "robotic" or "rude" as I began to spam those messages, it was meant to deter you from arguing anymore in PM as I already explained it 2-3 times and didn't feel like I had to sit there and let it escalate.
See the one thing is, I never heard you say anything to me at all, you came up, you moved me and you said
"SORRY MY DUDE! SORRY MY DUDE!" That's literally all I got out of you, I don't understand where you started telling me anything at all? Literally, all I heard you say was "SORRY MY DUDE SORRY MY DUDE!"
How does that turn into this "Much to your surprise, I actually did inform you of what you did wrong as I dragged you near the door. If you wish for an eye witness, was there at the time"
Like I said, first off I never heard you say anything other than that, maybe you were too far away from me or something but that is totally false to me as I heard nothing in regards of what I've done wrong. Like I said, it's not hard to respectfully educate people, you should expect a negative response out of someone who you say you're quote on quote "helping" if you actually indeed don't help them, like I really don't understand how saying sorry my dude is gonna help me, I guess there's not going to be much of an argument though right? I don't understand what insults I've made, other than having a bad attitude, and that's only because I felt like you were just provoking me, which really is how I feel. When you spam me those messages instead of giving a legitimate response, it only provokes rage. So I mean, I come here in hopes of being unbanned but I highly doubt it because there's going to be no sort of sympathy what-so-ever because you believe you're right, and I believe I'm right. I guess we will agree to disagree, thank you for replying.
Keyword "heard". You heard my calm Dude Attitude as I moved you and listed the rules you had broken in a very "chill" and fast tone, but you chose to only hear the "dude" parts.

Anyways, you have 24 Hours for any final arguments.
Yes, keyword IS heard, because all you said to me is SORRY MY DUDE SORRY MY DUDE.
How can you tell me otherwise, because that's the only response I got out of you.
How do I argue with a guy who thinks he's right, and I think I'm right too.
My advice really is to take a step back and put yourself into a 3rd persons perspective.
It wasn't that hard to come up and say hey man sorry but you cant be doing what you're doing,
I easily would have complied with you absolutely no problem, why do you think I acted the way I did?
Certainly not for no reason, but my reason, you're telling me I'm wrong, you're telling me what I heard basically,
which mind you, didn't happen, but you'll say it did for the sake of being right, and I'll say you didn't for the sake of being right, because indeed you did NOT, yet again, did NOT, say anything other than SORRY MY DUDE SORRY MY DUDE.
What kind of possible argument do you want me to post, other than I never heard you say that, because you never said it directly to me, otherwise we wouldn't even be here right now because I would have had no reason to have any sort of attitude with you, it just makes no sense. This is my closing argument, no more will be said in this UBR by me, as I have stated all I possibly could. Thank you for reviewing my case, and sorry for making you feel like I was insulting you, but if you put yourself in a 3rd person perspective from my view, you will understand why I was quick to get an attitude. Anyway, thank you again. Good day.
Denied

Closing Notes: Keyword "heard". You decided to only remember or hear the part you state continually in this argument. Hopefully you actually pay attention in the future, maybe you will realize that that first contact was a quick, informative contact before I started removing your props. Maybe next time, you will pay attention and act calm instead of acting irrational in PM after I tried to be kind and neutral until you acted irate.