Limelight Forums

Full Version: How to Make Garrys Mod Look Slightly Better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you feel, that garrys mod looks boring, so grey and colourless ?
With this simple trick you can change that!

Go to the Q menu -> Post Processing -> Shaders -> Color Modification and select the following:
[Image: HtLrfb7.jpg?2][Image: dPuzp1o.jpg?1]

Here are some examples of what comes out: Before/After
They do indeed work, as all screenshots are taken on the Build & the normal server.

Quote:Update: 15 of July 2017

2 Very good Addons.

(Jan 25, 2017, 01:45 AM)Lods Wrote: [ -> ]Thought I might as well add mine too for comparison. It's a little more bold but... I like it.

Can find the setup here
https://imgur.com/a/eAplK
(Note that toy town is very situational, and will only work for some screenshots, generally not advised for general gameplay)

The difference is night and day, Central Park vs Chernobyl.

Are you sure this is able to be done whilst on Limelight? As far as I'm aware, enabling post processing effects isn't do-able once your in-game however do correct me if I'm wrong.
(Jan 23, 2017, 09:56 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure this is able to be done whilst on Limelight? As far as I'm aware, enabling post processing effects isn't do-able once your in-game however do correct me if I'm wrong.

It was always possible.
Well, the more you know.

Nice guide!
(Jan 23, 2017, 09:43 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]Did you felt, that garrys mod looks boring, so grey and colourless ?

Go to the Q menu -> Post Processing -> Shaders -> Color Modification and select the following:

They do indeed work, as all screenshots are taken on the Build & the normal server.
I cant see Good looking 4
(Jan 23, 2017, 11:18 PM)[L²:RP] Tom Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 23, 2017, 09:43 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]Did you felt, that garrys mod looks boring, so grey and colourless ?

You are supposed to copy the settings just below that.
(Jan 23, 2017, 11:18 PM)[L²:RP] Tom Wrote: [ -> ]

"Good Looking" does not exist ingame. You have to enter the Numbers manually and then click on the small wrench -> enter the name you would like to have & then add preset.

[Image: XFOLuh1.jpg?2]

[Image: 5ke9Hzi.jpg?1]
Couldn't nightvision be classed as exploits?

It's an unfair advantage in some cases.
(Jan 24, 2017, 12:15 AM)Arch.B Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't nightvision be classed as exploits?

That's a good question.. But considering that the flashlight does have nearly the same effect.. I dont really think so. Its only better in very rare cases. But of course, it might be.. I havent really thought about that. I will ask tomorrow, because its nearly midnight for me.

What do you think, is this is an exploit ?
(Jan 24, 2017, 12:51 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 24, 2017, 12:15 AM)Arch.B Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't nightvision be classed as exploits?

That's a good question.. But considering that the flashlight does have nearly the same effect.. I dont really think so. Its only better in very rare cases. But of course, it might be.. I havent really thought about that. I will ask tomorrow, because its nearly midnight for me.

No. It's not. It's a modification anyone can make and it doesn't contradict the rules. You could just simply raise your monitor brightness and that would not be seen as exploiting. This is completely within the rules.
(Jan 24, 2017, 02:42 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 24, 2017, 12:51 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]

No. It's not. It's a modification anyone can make and it doesn't contradict the rules. You could just simply raise your monitor brightness and that would not be seen as exploiting. This is completely within the rules.
Thanks for your fast & clear response.
Thought I might as well add mine too for comparison. It's a little more bold but... I like it.

Can find the setup here
https://imgur.com/a/eAplK
(Note that toy town is very situational, and will only work for some screenshots, really not advised for general gameplay)

The difference is night and day, Central Park vs Chernobyl.
Going to have to use some of these tweaks, because there's always been a voice in my head saying "this game looks dull" when playing for a while. It just doesn't pop. Let's see how it turns out...
Update: Added a 2 new things: Bloom & Sun Rays
Perfect guide. I like it!
Pages: 1 2