Limelight Forums

Full Version: If the gun locker update was reverted.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, for the past few days I've been wondering to myself;
What would life be like if the gun locked update was reverted? More importantly, would it reduce AggressiveRP significantly? In my opinion it would, but not as much as we' do like it to.

Share your thoughts!
I think that more crimes would happen then, for a simple reason.. Players would start to notice that Government is weaker and therefore you can Fight them better off.

Sent via Phone.
The gunlocker is the best thing that have happnened to aggressiveRP.
Since crime shouldnt be that usual as it was, you actually are forced to rp more and plan etc and work together with other criminal "friends".
This only boosts RP.
I think Evocity would be nuked by Trump because of the mass amount of crimes that would be commited or it would be completely patrolled by Anti-Terrorism Teams rather than a Police Force.
The gun locker update strongly balanced police and criminals.
Reverting it would cause havoc upon the police force.
I think the arsenal should be expanded to a G36 or a burst AR15
The update practically saved cops, before it was either use the Glock you were given and die to people with kevlar near instantly or equip your own gun and risk the chance of loosing it.

Now the update is here let's not make them SWAT either by giving them rifles.
(Jan 28, 2017, 08:32 PM)francysol3c Wrote: [ -> ]The gun locker update strongly balanced police and criminals.
Reverting it would cause havoc upon the police force.
I think the arsenal should be expanded to a G36 or a burst AR15

Better yet, keep it real and maintain the fully automatic function of the weapon as it's meant to be for American police departments.
(Jan 23, 2017, 02:14 AM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ]Would it reduce AggressiveRP significantly?

No.
If it was reverted, No cop would be not be able to kill any heavily armed criminal due to healthkit spam, plus they would only have a pistol with just does minimal damage. Tbh if it was reverted i would not play as a cop again. It's hard enough now taking down Criminals now, having the locker is in my opinion one of the best features implemented into the game. Having it actually gives us a chance of taking them down. Although atm it should have some better weapons in it.
(Jan 29, 2017, 08:22 AM)OBAMATOOKMYCHIP Wrote: [ -> ]If it was reverted, No cop would be not be able to kill any heavily armed criminal due to healthkit spam, plus they would only have a pistol with just does minimal damage. Tbh if it was reverted i would not play as a cop again. It's hard enough now taking down Criminals now, having the locker is in my opinion one of the best features implemented into the game. Having it actually gives us a chance of taking them down. Although atm it should have some better weapons in it.

Look at my rant at the end of this post. I'm glad I am not the only one that views see how underpowered the government is even after this update. https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-14174.html
Didn't balance anything for Police (SWAT....meh).

Only has 1 weapon that is actually beneficial in a firefight with our current mechanics.

No access to AR-15's, G36C's, or SCAR-20's for heavy support police officers and SWAT alike.

For some reason you have to pay for equipment issued to you by the PD to protect yourself and do your job.

Overall, it hasn't changed shit except for the occasional CQC shotgun duel. Needs to be re-implemented to allow heavier firearms, ceramic for police, and remove the little fee. I shouldn't have to pay for a weapon issued to me for my job.

Or you can do the better option IMO and remove the locker and gives officers all their equipment and allow them to go their cruiser's armory and equip Ceramic, either a G36C, AR-15, or Benelli M3 Shotgun (With every attachment including ammo types.), and a riot shield.
I think rather than disarming the police we need to disarm the criminals, as it's more realistic. Military grade weapons are ridiculously easy to get
(Feb 1, 2017, 02:43 AM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]I think rather than disarming the police we need to disarm the criminals, as it's more realistic. Military grade weapons are ridiculously easy to get

Very true. The Government is supposed to be seen as a VERY BIG threat, but as of now they are more of target practice.

Some good ways to disarm everyone but government could be: (Worst to Best Ideas IMO)

- Remove military firearms from public purchase that wouldn't be normally purchased through civilian use.
   This would exclude the AR-15 and Ak-101 if locked to only Semi-Auto and Safe due to US Law against automatic weapons being purchasable by the common citizen unless you go through a hell of a time getting the permission. This could also open the gate for black market automatic rifle parts. Not to mention the illegal trading of selling what weapons are left in players' inventories that would be removed from the Gun Dealer's abilities to sell. This would also have to have a perma law for a predefined list of weapons to be outlawed.

- Raise prices realistically based on weapon stats
   Simple fix as at the moment, only a few weapons are actually priced at what they should be. All weapons would be tested by staff to re-balance prices.

- Remove all military weapons from market purchase to only be crafted from spare parts and misc. items by a Gun Dealer
   A weapons list provided by the staff team will be removed from the Market to become only obtainable by crafting with weapons still accessible via a Gun Dealer. These weapons will be disassembled by a crafting table purchased through a Gun Dealer at a VERY large cost. Other than weapons from the Gun Dealer, you may also craft weapons from weapon modification dissassembly and misc parts like metal.  You may also craft weapons through crafted weapons, so 5 SCAR-H's crafted by yourself could be disassembled to create a SCAR-20.