Limelight Forums

Full Version: Norwegian Police vs America Police
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great discussion guys. So can we come to a conclusion? If we do then what's the conclusion?
It's non-comparable, that's at least my conclusion.
IMO, the conclusion is that US police could use more training, but the environments are totally different in the US than other countries. So far this year already, 10 police officers have been killed in the US. Five of them by gunfire. You just can't train US cops the same as other countries due to what officers in the US are exposed to and deal with on a daily basis. Another one of the arguments is how militarized the US police force is, but when you have all this shit going on, it would be a lot worst if they weren't. All in all really, more training is always better, but you can't train US cops to act like European cops and vice versa.
(Jan 23, 2017, 04:43 PM)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]IMO, the conclusion is that US police could use more training, but the environments are totally different in the US than other countries. So far this year already, 10 police officers have been killed in the US. Five of them by gunfire. You just can't train US cops the same as other countries due to what officers in the US are exposed to and deal with on a daily basis. Another one of the arguments is how militarized the US police force is, but when you have all this shit going on, it would be a lot worst if they weren't. All in all really, more training is always better, but you can't train US cops to act like European cops and vice versa.

Totally agree with you. I had to post this because I was very unsure of what was right. I saw very good arguments and I'm convinced about this.
Of course i trust my local Police Force. As they have been proved to be competent in several cases.

There was once a man living in a house 200-500 meters away from my old home. He ordered a babysitter to his home, but he doesnt have any young kids, he wanted to Rape her.
When the man tried to pull her inside the house, she could flee & called the Police. The Police arrived with a helicopter 2 Kripo (KriminalPolizei like.. Undercover officers kind of) & 2 "normal" Police Vehicles.

After a few days, they got him, i dont know exactly how they got him, but they did.
Or take the case of munich, the shooter was found after a few days.

Another case: Man with a gun in the storage of a supermarket. SEK arrived, they brought the man to give up and surrender without releasing 1 single shot.

So.. yes, i trust the Police in my country, i even want to become a Police Officer myself.
It would be nice too if we lived in a world where there weren't constant police shootings and people shooting police, but it just doesn't happen. A lot of people like to think cops just shoot unarmed people for no reason. But, if we look at the stats, 75% of people had some type of weapon when they were killed by police in 2016. Not to mention a lot of people shot by police are committing suicide by cop. Like this one real recently.

https://www.coloradoan.com/videos/news/2.../96886150/

The guy called 911 to report that his roommate was being stabbed. However, he made up that story to lure officers to his house and when they approached it, he went after them with a gun. Which, turned out to be a pellet gun.

If the media didn't highlight only the bad cops, I think we'd see the majority of all officers, including every one that I know, just want to go home at the end of the night and do their job to the best of their ability.
(Jan 23, 2017, 05:26 PM)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice if we lived in a world where there weren't constant police shootings and people shooting police, but it just doesn't happen. Not to mention a lot of people shot by police are committing suicide by cop, like this real recently. The guy called 911 to report that his roommate was being stabbed. However, he made up that story to lure officers to his house and when they approached it, he went after them with a gun. Which, turned out to be a pellet gun.

If the media didn't highlight only the bad cops, I think we'd see the majority of all officers, including every one that I know, just want to go home at the end of the night and do their job to the best of their ability.

One question.. Why do they go with assault Rifles for a call that somebody has been stabbed ? I dont really see the point of using a Rifle when a Pistol would be enough to deal with a knife. Or even a tazer.
(Jan 23, 2017, 05:33 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 23, 2017, 05:26 PM)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice if we lived in a world where there weren't constant police shootings and people shooting police, but it just doesn't happen. Not to mention a lot of people shot by police are committing suicide by cop, like this real recently. The guy called 911 to report that his roommate was being stabbed. However, he made up that story to lure officers to his house and when they approached it, he went after them with a gun. Which, turned out to be a pellet gun.

One question.. Why do they go with assault Rifles for a call that somebody has been stabbed ? I dont really see the point of using a Rifle when a Pistol would be enough to deal with a knife. Or even a tazer.

Variety of reasons. The guy called it in as an active stabbing, so police were under the impression that it was still going on and they would need to neutralize a threat. In regards to a pistol instead of a rifle, deadly force is deadly force. A handgun will kill you just as easily as a rifle. Tasers are a great tool, however they don't always work and you don't want to be in a situation where you have a taser and the other guy has a knife/gun. If you look at the video, the suspect walks out with a gun pointed at the officer. If that had been a real gun and the officer drew his taser, then we'd have another dead officer.
(Jan 23, 2017, 05:37 PM)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]

Variety of reasons. The guy called it in as an active stabbing, so police were under the impression that it was still going on and they would need to neutralize a threat. In regards to a pistol instead of a rifle, deadly force is deadly force. A handgun will kill you just as easily as a rifle. Tasers are a great tool, however they don't always work and you don't want to be in a situation where you have a taser and the other guy has a knife/gun. If you look at the video, the suspect walks out with a gun pointed at the officer. If that had been a real gun and the officer drew his taser, then we'd have another dead officer.

Yes i agree with you to the last point & also that a pistol is as deadly as a rifle, but in my opinion rifles should be only drawn if there is a call that the suspect is armed with a pistol/rifle etc.. But for a knife, i dont really see the point using a rifle, yes the officer would have been in danger aswell, the guy with the knife could have hid behind a corner and stabbed the officer, but te same thing would happen if he used a Pistol. So in my opinion, its a little bit overreacted to use a rifle for a knife.
(Jan 23, 2017, 05:41 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes i agree with you to the last point & also that a pistol is as deadly as a rifle, but in my opinion rifles should be only drawn if there is a call that the suspect is armed with a pistol/rifle etc.. But for a knife, i dont really see the point using a rifle, yes the officer would have been in danger aswell, the guy with the knife could have hid behind a corner and stabbed the officer, but te same thing would happen if he used a Pistol. So in my opinion, its a little bit overreacted to use a rifle for a knife.

Which is understandable. But, look at the video. Sure is was a call about a knife, but what did he emerge with? A gun. Officers need to take precautions and they don't want to have the disadvantage in a situation. An AR15 is a lot better than a handgun in a gun vs gun fight.
(Jan 23, 2017, 05:44 PM)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 23, 2017, 05:41 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]

Which is understandable. But, look at the video. Sure is was a call about a knife, but what did he emerge with? A gun. Officers need to take precautions and they don't want to have the disadvantage in a situation. An AR15 is a lot better than a handgun in a gun vs gun fight.

Well, that is true.. I forgot that the gun laws in America are different than here.. So its reasonable..

While i also found this video (i dont put it as a video here beacuse it contains graphical content, a man beeing shot dead, he survived. I recommend reading the info box)
https://youtu.be/AhBYu5I7mHA
Pages: 1 2