Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR: Cooli
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Cooli

Ban ID: 4565

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. [L²] Rocket

Server: RP server.

Ban Reason: Extensive Record of Aggressive RP - FailRP Stealing a SWAT van as a Thug. Was put on last chance.

Why should you be unbanned?:  I was rping as a Thug (which arent smart thieves) and walking/stealing with some other people. We were walking around industrial when I found an unlocked Swat van with no cops nearby parked next to my base where I could hide it. Wanting to impress the other people I was with I got in the van, started driving and put it on my terrain. 

A cop apparently saw it and he called for backup, they broke into my terrain and started shooting at the van, at this point I drove away and started driving around trying to shake them off. At this point I believe Rocket saw me driving around the city and pulled me out of the air. After a small talk I got banned.

Evidence: None, but I believe Rocket didnt see the whole situation / knew the context to the situation.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Cooli.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
I don't seem to remember most of what happened, or what you told me back then, Why didn't you try to appeal this earlier?

Either way, I seem to remember you driving around for a long enough time for me to notice you more than enough times driving around making the cops follow you and shoot you all around the map, and as a thug you don't really want that much police attention you shouldn't have just stole a SWAT van to impress your friends.
(Jan 23, 2017, 12:32 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]I don't seem to remember most of what happened, or what you told me back then, Why didn't you try to appeal this earlier?

Either way, I seem to remember you driving around for a long enough time for me to notice you more than enough times driving around making the cops follow you and shoot you all around the map, and as a thug you don't really want that much police attention you shouldn't have just stole a SWAT van to impress your friends.
I didnt instantly appeal this as I was busy IRL and I wanted to plea a good case since it is a permanent ban.

My plan was to store the SWAT van in the building that it was parked besides(owned by me). I didnt see any police nearby so there wasnt any large risk a thug wouldnt take.
That's not what I saw when I was online at the time, what I saw is the whole police force setting up checkpoints and shooting you down everytime they could and by the looks of things it looked like you were just driving around to annoy them and to bait them.
(Jan 24, 2017, 06:29 AM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]That's not what I saw when I was online at the time, what I saw is the whole police force setting up checkpoints and shooting you down everytime they could and by the looks of things it looked like you were just driving around to annoy them and to bait them.
I understand it may have looked like that but its extremely hard to escape from the entire police force. I believe I had been riding for around 3-5 minutes when you picked me up.
EDIT: Also as I said in my main post, it wasnt my intention to only break through checkpoints and annoy them. My plan just went horribly wrong.
Judging by your extensive record of FailRP and breaking many rules, it seems very clear to me that it wasn't the first time you have done something like that. At that time it seemed as if you are enjoying messing around with the whole police.

I don't recall you even trying to avoid them or actually run away from them. All I saw you do is go through their checkpoints and annoy them as much as you can. As I mentioned, a street thug or a thug wouldn't do all that just to impress his friends.
Are you still interested in appealing the ban? you haven't responded for a few days now.
Thread was closed somehow, not sure how.

re-opened.
The goal of street thugs/thugs and  their criminal activities is to get money/get 'street cred'. Adding onto that they arent the smartest of the bunch would make this a viable thing to do in these circumstances.

Driving through a checkpoint would disorient the police car and make it harder for them to chase me, giving me more time to drive away and try to ditch the car/escape. However escaping from 7 police cars that go way faster than the SWAT van is nearly impossible which is why I kept driving through them trying to escape.

The entire situation was created around what I thought my character would do given the RP I was doing. If I was a other job like thief, I wouldnt do it as it would be too risky and unthoughtful.
Ban appeal reviewed and approved, you will be unbanned however this is your final chance.

If you ever caught doing anything failRP or baiting police or making them chase you for ages just to annoy the whole police force you will be permanently banned.

Be aware you have a really big history of fail-RP'ing.