Limelight Forums

Full Version: IC standpoint on H1's lack of plates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One admin tells me it's a bug and it has plates IC. Another roleplayed it as if I can't pull them over based on a model designation as it has no plates for identification.
Imo it has plates IC - why there are still no plates on hummers is beyond me, clearly not intentional.

If it has no plates IC then every hummer can be pulled over for driving without a license plate which is illegal - which is clearly not intended either.
(Jan 20, 2017, 07:35 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]Imo it has plates IC - why there are still no plates on hummers is beyond me, clearly not intentional.

If it has no plates IC then every hummer can be pulled over for driving without a license plate which is illegal - which is clearly not intended either.

Actually - They don't. The Radar gun doesn't bring up any plates so technicaly - there is no plates.
(Jan 21, 2017, 12:19 AM)Lieutenant Sours Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 20, 2017, 07:35 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]Imo it has plates IC - why there are still no plates on hummers is beyond me, clearly not intentional.

Actually - They don't. The Radar gun doesn't bring up any plates so technicaly - there is no plates.

Which is not intended, as I said. The radar gun doesn't bring them up because they aren't there, but they aren't there because of a bug (or never being implemented in the first place). The hummer H1 is meant to have license plates like all other cars.
But like... Then how do you roleplay out plates? They can't use policedb to search them. They can't confirm it's the same Hummer.
Same problem with the Bently Blower. I've been pulled over in this a few times for having no plates. I usually just tell the officer that it's a show-car.
I would assume its a bug not showing the plates, as every car is meant to have them.

If it is sa bug or an oversight when its intended to have a plate, people would then still be able to RP them being there as it is not an intentional IC thing that has caused it but an OOC issue.
Ill check it when i return from work
Any update to this?

(Jan 30, 2017, 04:27 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]Any update to this?

As long server its being fixed i wont touch in beta or any code for now
Gotcha.
Closed and moved to archive.

Summary:
This is a know issue which the developers are planning to fix.
As for answering your question, two admins have stated that, from an in-character standpoint, there are plates on the H1 and should be role-played as such.

Thank you for your question.

~ Octagon