Limelight Forums

Full Version: The F1 Menu lags every time you open it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Description: Every time you open the F1 menu, the game locks up for a second. Some players even experience crashes.
Since when have you experienced the bug? since it was added
Additional Information:

This is caused because the F1 menu is done in HTML, so it requires a new Awesomium process to be started. Since GMod is single core, the game locks up until the renderer has opened.
I imagine the F1 menu is not preserved when closed because most menus are created and deleted.
Theoretically, if the F1 menu is coded to be created once when the player spawns in (since it pops up anyway) this will fix this issue and crashes around it (do those still happen?).  The F1 button would simply show the menu rather than opening it.
This function (theoretically, if it doesn't an issue should be opened on the GMod github or the devs told) should make it so the close button will simply hide the menu:

Code:
Frame:SetDeleteOnClose(false)

This will make it so the menu does not delete itself when closed.
Thank you for your bug-report, goigle!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
It doesn't help when you spawn in and it forces F1 menu open.
Gmod is prepping to remove Awesomium and replace it with Chromium which will prevent any lag caused by HTML screens.
(Apr 26, 2017, 05:31 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]Gmod is prepping to remove Awesomium and replace it with Chromium which will prevent any lag caused by HTML screens.

do you use Avast (or antivirus in general)?

I was messing around on my server and decided to disable Avast (cause it fucks with Git) to see if it was causing menu lag.

Turns out, Avast will cause gmod to freeze whenever you open certain menus (especially menus that use Awesomium).
(Apr 29, 2017, 07:23 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 26, 2017, 05:31 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]Gmod is prepping to remove Awesomium and replace it with Chromium which will prevent any lag caused by HTML screens.

do you use Avast (or antivirus in general)?

I was messing around on my server and decided to disable Avast (cause it fucks with Git) to see if it was causing menu lag.

Turns out, Avast will cause gmod to freeze whenever you open certain menus (especially menus that use Awesomium).

No I don't use Avast can't stand it 
I use AVG
Everytime I open the inventory it starts a new "Awesomium process". After one hour of playing there are more than 20 open. Isnt there any solution?
(Apr 29, 2017, 12:45 PM)Gamerpro2266 Wrote: [ -> ]No I don't use Avast can't stand it 
I use AVG

AVG will run similarly to Avast so I'd try disabling it temporarily and opening the F1 menu.

(Apr 29, 2017, 04:13 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Everytime I open the inventory it starts a new "Awesomium process". After one hour of playing there are more than 20 open. Isnt there any solution?

Usually Awesomium will automatically close when it's not being used (I've tested and verified), sounds like there's a bug where the F1 menu isn't actually closing
Once the F1 menu was found to be the cause of crashes earlier in the year, I believe this was fixed. Awesomium processes are closing now. There is still a touch of lag whilst opening the menu, but better than it was before. Also no longer causing crashes.

Fixed.