Limelight Forums

Full Version: unreasonably long OOC blacklist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: Joulle

Time/Date: 15.1.2017, 2:51am (gmt +2)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16249669

Name of Administrator: [L²][F.I]BlackDog

Evidence:  the logs + my  screenshots

[Image: 16155bc9926d45f3ad2cd46e224e3fba.png]
[Image: 275d86cb9b0548f29e5bf6261aacc84d.png]
Im confused as to what your point in this is?

It was a bug that we later corrected, 30m = 30 months for some reason rather than minutes.

Your BL was corrected and was set to 30minutes

You seem to be trying to manipulate the facts in such a way to paint it like i did this on purpose and let it stay like this.
That blacklist has been removed and has been replaced with one that I have placed on you.

Your actual blacklist time is 30 minutes, if you bothered to pay attention to what was occurring in-game.

I fail to see how this is abuse, it was a mistake made by both myself and BlackDog which was rectified.
(Jan 15, 2017, 03:09 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]Im confused as to what your point in this is?

It was a bug that we later corrected, 30m = 30 months for some reason rather than minutes.

You seem to be trying to manipulate the facts in such a way to paint it like i did this on purpose and let it stay like this.

I read both these replies and from the last the first (your's last) and I was going to say something like: "Oh alright, thanks for correcting the error. It's an understandable mistake."

Let's get started once again. I thought it's abuse since I didn't stay attention to the chat other than trying to whine to admins and spotting that long message from some random bully in chat (just peeked at chat quickly like "wtf") since I rushed on to the forums to report this situation as I thought it was a deliberate abuse on me.

So this was an accidental mistake from both you and me so I guess it's solved now.

Back to the original point. Blackdog could you refrain from putting words in my mouth. I'm not manipulating you, if you feel this way it's not right since I'm simply stating facts here and as I already stated we both made a mistake here. You typoed the punishment or it was some bug and I instantly assumed that you're abusing your position on the server. 

Assumptions like this make me feel like you don't respect me all that much and that doesn't make me feel positively about the community in any way and more specifically the staff team in general. I'll have to ask you to refrain from such actions towards me since I do feel offended about the lack of respect. I want to be respected like anyone else and I'm willing to forget this if you apologize to me for mistreating me like some second class citizen. 

In addition, this isn't the first time I've been treated this way by you, however I don't have any evidence by back any previous instances similar to this assumption. The first time this was fine since I could just ignore it but getting treatment like this from you on almost a daily basis doesn't make me feel any better.

Here's some background for you:
I was bullied in school about 10 years ago for a long period of time on a daily basis and I can safely say that I was traumatised by the whole experience and being picked on by the same person on a daily basis brings back those bad memories (I never solved the mental issues this caused).

I demand an apology, punishment to blackdog or at least a lesson by another staff member so that he won't treat me the same way ever again.
(Jan 15, 2017, 03:40 AM)Joulle Wrote: [ -> ]Assumptions like this make me feel like you don't respect me all that much and that doesn't make me feel positively about the community in any way and more specifically the staff team in general. I'll have to ask you to refrain from such actions towards me since I do feel offended about the lack of respect. I want to be respected like anyone else and I'm willing to forget this if you apologize to me for mistreating me like some second class citizen. 

In addition, this isn't the first time I've been treated this way by you, however I don't have any evidence by back any previous instances similar to this assumption. The first time this was fine since I could just ignore it but getting treatment like this from you on almost a daily basis doesn't make me feel any better.

Here's some background for you:
I was bullied in school about 10 years ago and I can safely say that I was traumatised by the whole experience and being picked on by the same person on a daily basis brings back those bad memories (I never solved the mental issues this caused).

I demand an apology, punishment to blackdog or at least a lesson by another staff member so that he won't treat me the same way ever again.

None of this has anything to do with your report, I will not apologize for doing my job. C'est la vie
Fact is. A technical mistake was made and quickly fixed. In the meantime you immediately post an admin abuse post before you post an UBL? All of this could have been avoided if you verified things and actually attempted to create a proper post.

And now that it has been cleared up, you are demanding an apology? The one that should be apologizing here is you actually.

You were warned about your use of OOC. You ignored it and got punished for it. The time was wrong and you then fly off the handle and go straight to abuse accusing the staff of targeting you. You made yourself a target by acting out.

Word of advise. If you are so worried about being bullied, don't be so aggressive. When one pushes, they will get pushed back. I'm not talking about staff here, I'm talking about in the game with players in general, the whole reason for the OOC chatter. You make yourself a target by your actions.

Now, seems that this topic can certainly be closed as there is no abuse going on.
Good evening, Joulle. 

If a blacklist was issued on purpose for 900 days, then this would naturally be an extremely severe punishment for a small issue. This however seems to have been an error that was fixed as soon as it appeared. Errors happen at times as we are after all human. I have no reason to believe that this excessive length was issued on purpose, and this is backed up by the point that Blackdog makes in his post:
(Jan 15, 2017, 03:09 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]It was a bug that we later corrected, 30m = 30 months for some reason rather than minutes.

This was clearly a mistake which was fixed as soon as it appeared this made no difference for you who were supposed to serve a 30 minutes blacklist anyways. As someone who've messed around with blacklist commands one or twice myself, I've committed the same mistake many times. It's unfortunate but it happens. 

As for the Blacklist itself, it appears to be more than valid. You were given several warnings, you broke Gen. Rule 1.5  and you were punished accordingly. It's unfortunate to hear that you were bullied, but I'm afraid that this will make no impact on this case nor any in The Courthouse.

End conclusion:

- The error was fixed within two minutes of appearing. This error had no impact on your 30 minute blacklist which you were going to serve anyways.
- The blacklist issued was valid and you're responsible for your own actions. You were warned and failed to listen to Blackdogs warning(s) in OOC. 
- This is a thread that could have been avoided by checking your Blacklist status and seeing the length of it. 
- No abuse has taken place from the accused administrator Blackdog. 

This thread is something that's blown out of proportions and I feel that you've overreacted in this situation, and you're not the victim as you paint yourself to be. This thread is not a valid AA case and should have been posted as an Unblacklist Request IF the blacklist-length wasn't corrected or IF you didn't break the same rule as your blacklist stated.
The blacklist length-error was fixed immediately and the blacklist was valid, so this thread is both unnecessary as an AA report, and as an UBL request. 

I'll add that this case also counts as an Unblacklist Request as this originally didn't belong in the AA subforum and that this case also was reviewed as an UBL, and that this UBL has been reviewed and denied. 

Reviewed and concluded, no abuse has taken place.