Limelight Forums

Full Version: My Computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen of Limelight.

Today, I come baring an important question to you wall! My computer has reached it's ninth birthday and I have been meaning to purchase new replacement parts for my computer. All of the componants have been the same for the nine years and I feel it's about time to recieve a new set of equipment for my computer.

So, With this, - As I am not one for many works with hardware (Or the English Language apparently. Thanks ) I have opened my question to the people of LimeLight. If you have any suggestions for what I could use it would be much appreciated.

Please Note: I am a college student (English College) and do not bear the most money in the world. Please do not give me parts that are super expensive.

Specs:
[Image: 35sQdsW.png]

If you require anymore information about my PC, don't be afraid to ask - I will attempt to answer them all.
I feel you should upgrade to 8GB DDR3, that works perfectly fine by me and It has been working goodly ever since, and maybe upgrade to Service Pack 3
Amd, there's your problem
TBH sours your CPU is probably just about fine depending on the clock on it

Depending on your budget this difficult pal

You could upgrade your ram but then if you want to get a new CPU most use DDR4 instead of DDR3 now

You could upgrade your GPU. But if your CPU is limited it won't make too much difference and you'll just lag

So the question is what IS your budget?
Hmm, for some reason I didn't get an alert on this, ah well I'm here now.

As Barkles said, in order to provide a decent build that's properly centered around you, we'd need a budget. I'd definitely recommend an SSD, new monitor and graphics card though.

EDIT: Also, need to know your case.
It costs to be on top
CPU isn't all that outdated and I'd stick with it for now.
However, 4 more gigs of ram would be a good upgrade for general system stability. The move from ddr3 to ddr4 isn't worth the cost if you ask me so you could stick with the old sticks, just add a couple more sticks to couple them. Those 1,6ghz and 1,337ghz ddr3 sticks are completely fine still.

If you're looking for better graphics and game performance, go for a better graphics card although I can't really suggest anything without knowing your location or from how far you're willing to order parts. Telling us about your budget range couldn't hurt either or hinting towards a couple nearby stores you'd prefer to order from, if it matters.
Currently, I am open to £250 however with the next 2 months, it should increase to at least £500-£600.

My father had previously suggested www.scan.co.uk as they are close to my town. I personally don't know any other websites to take parts from personally.

From cases, personally I'm getting a new one that is about 2x bigger then current from his perspective apparently for actual dimensions - I can't really tell you from my own head because alot of it is fucked up of age and I have no idea where my tape measures are
£250 will probably get you a new graphics card/CPU but then you'd need to get a new motherboard if you chose for a CPU upgrade, as the socket your using on your current motherboard would be incompatible.

£700 is roughly the area for a decent sized Intel based build. Any chance you can push that far?