Limelight Forums

Full Version: Latency gets bigger when there are many players, also my game starts to lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Latency gets bigger when there are many players, my internet speed is 90mbs and im having big latency. My computer runs gmod (in the server) 60fps (i've been locked to 60). But when there comes 30-40+ players my fps is 10-30. Anything to do?
My suggestion is to follow these guids:

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-12317.html

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-11505.html

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-11108.html

I really hope you find these helpful! Most likely there will still be some low fps but I hope that these commands will help your fps to increase a bit Wink

If you need more help then don't be afraid to ask!
(Jan 5, 2017, 11:08 PM)Zona Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion is to follow these guids:

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-12317.html

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-11505.html

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-11108.html

I really hope you find these helpful! Most likely there will still be some low fps but I hope that these commands will help your fps to increase a bit Wink

If you need more help then don't be afraid to ask!
Do you know how can I fix my ping? Because normally its 20-50 but when there comes 50+ players its 100-200 and it sucks when you teleport to the tree and your car explodes or police stops you and says: Why you're driving like a drunk. And I know, lag isn't IC reason.
These guids are console commands. I also thought I saw a command that will lower your graphic to make stuff smoother. You need to use your game console Wink (The garrysmod console)
FPS has nothing to do with your ping/latency.

Garry's mod is a 10 year old game and was never really optimized, same goes for most evocity maps, they are not optimized thus it tends to load too much stuff and it fails to utilize more than 1 core unless you use this experimental commands: 
gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode -1
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

You should be using this commands in your console if you are using any CPU that has more than 1 core, it tends to utilize more cores this way reducing FPS lag.

Final note: FPS lag is depended on your computer and what garry's mod needs to load around you. Latency lag/issues are
Great words from
You can't help your ping at all I believe.
Only FPS.
It's simple in a way:
More players -> More connections -> More entities etc.
(Jan 6, 2017, 12:44 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]FPS has nothing to do with your ping/latency.

Garry's mod is a 10 year old game and was never really optimized, same goes for most evocity maps, they are not optimized thus it tends to load too much stuff and it fails to utilize more than 1 core unless you use this experimental commands: 
gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode -1
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

You should be using this commands in your console if you are using any CPU that has more than 1 core, it tends to utilize more cores this way reducing FPS lag.

Final note: FPS lag is depended on your computer and what garry's mod needs to load around you. Latency lag/issues are

Thank you,
And i know FPS isn't the same as latency/ping. My computer has 4 cores. (Why did i tell that :D)

Latency lag/issues are... What?
The Latency or Ping are pretty much nothing too special around on Garry's Mod to be honest. It is simply a way to tell if a player may be having connection issues to the server which is hosted in France (I believe otherwise it's England). This is mainly based on my view when I use to play on the American server.

Quote:Latency: COMPUTING
the delay before a transfer of data begins following an instruction for its transfer.

The FPS drop you are receiving is a common thing especially thought out the map that we are playing on. Due to the badly optimized game and map, combined together can really make the server a really harsh thing to play when many players from the 40-60 we have currently been receiving. It is also a common thing to loose from 60 FPS to 30 FPS when more players join as there are that, "more players" that your game has to process and even then - they would require to also process the more props that have been added by them more players. Loss of FPS is common, especially in the city as that is the spawn of the map and even then, a really common thing for mass amounts of players to shuttle around.

I do suggest the commands that has suggested (listed below) - which you'd require to do when joining the game. Also when you state you have more than one core, sure you do however it will not use them until you have the gmod_mcore_ test set to 1 which requires to be done each time launching the game in the developer console and is unable to be set with the autoexec file.

(Jan 6, 2017, 12:44 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]Garry's mod is a 10 year old game and was never really optimized, same goes for most evocity maps, they are not optimized thus it tends to load too much stuff and it fails to utilize more than 1 core unless you use this experimental commands: 
gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode -1
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

I'll leave this open for a few more days (2-4) if you have any questions or need any support on the matter, you may comment below (Extension of time may be increased if questions are asked or unless user states to close the thread).
(Jan 6, 2017, 12:44 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]FPS has nothing to do with your ping/latency.

gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode -1
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

Thank you again, these commands gave me about 10-20fps more to server
you can close/archive this
Closed and Archived

Users FPS and Latency question has been answered. If you require anymore FPS commands, there are many more in the FPS fixture guide in the Guides section.