Limelight Forums

Full Version: My friend can't join the server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He get's this message: your map differs from the server. He doesn't have CSS and HL 2 Episodic content. So can be that a reason why he can't connect to the server?
No that is not a reason for that particupar error. Ask your friend to download the map here https://fastdl.limelightgaming.net/maps/...b1.bsp.bz2 and put it in his gmod maps folder.
Yes, the issue your friend is receivivng is a common issue with the mapping. Overlewd's reply should work.

Please keep us up to date .
 Still unable to join?
(Dec 25, 2016, 10:29 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]No that is not a reason for that particupar error. Ask your friend to download the map here https://fastdl.limelightgaming.net/maps/...b1.bsp.bz2 and put it in his gmod maps folder.

Worked, if not got another fix?
Gotta delete the map that was there before, before you put in this new one. If that one doesn't work (which it really must), you can try downloading the map from the steam workshop before joining the server (search rp_evocity_v4b1).
any update on this?
(Jan 12, 2017, 07:06 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ] any update on this?

Nope, now my friends game crashes at "Sending client info" and it says timed out, he has highest video settings, v4b1 map and all content.
(Jan 12, 2017, 07:23 PM)Vatipaa Wrote: [ -> ]

Nope, now my friends game crashes at "Sending client info" and it says timed out, he has highest video settings, v4b1 map and all content.
Is he sure he has set his model quality to "high"?

Also tell him to use this commands if he has a processor with more than one core.
gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode -1
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1
(Jan 12, 2017, 07:27 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 12, 2017, 07:23 PM)Vatipaa Wrote: [ -> ]

Is he sure he has set his model quality to "high"?

Also tell him to use this commands if he has a processor with more than one core.
gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode -1
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1
Yes his model quality is high and I tell these commands
For me personally if i don't join if my resolution isn't 1920x1080 screen size, it times me out try telling him to use that.
is this still an ongoing issue?
Yes, still an issue
has you friend tried what suggested?

Also, could you please get us a screenshot of his video settings?
Options > Video > Advanced
Pages: 1 2