Limelight Forums

Full Version: Today's steam DDoS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
yes, it was down for about 2houea let's discuss
So yeah it was down.
Steam was down, now its up again
steam was down while I was playing perp,couldn't metagame Sad
Yeah steam was down
Yeah steam was down
f*ck ddos and all that crap (if confirmed tho)
Pretty sure it was confirmed by several major news outlets. But hey, at least it's over and we can continue to throw countless amounts of money at Steam and spend hours on end sitting in front of a screen :^)
Apparently a group called Phantom Squad ddos'd steam

Source: https://gamingrespawn.com/news/17815/ste...os-attack/
I can confirm, steam was down.
Happens every year.

Either Steam, XBL, PSN or all 3 are taken down by DDoS attacks around Christmas.

It's never Origin though because Origin does a great job of not working anyway.
The only mistake Steam made this year was failing to invest enough time and resources into stopping this from happening in the first place...

EDIT: Think I need to clarify a little here.

It's very obvious by now the effects of taking down the Steam network indirectly affect tons of other people too who aren't directly using the services (almost like the position we were left in yesterday) and this isn't the first time it's happened either. Valve makes a rather large sum of money - that's not unknown to anyone. I just find it rather stupid how they haven't reinvested some of that profit into sizeable network firewalls at the hardware level, as well as other measures to prevent this from ever happening.

Obviously a couple of firewalls won't do very well, but they could for once learn from what Microsoft and Sony are doing with Xbox and PSN by buffing up their security and making it that much harder to do anything which will have sizeable impact to them, their clients or the company in general.
(Dec 24, 2016, 11:23 AM)George Wrote: [ -> ]Origin does a great job of not working anyway.

Actually it's been getting a lot better recently. I can even launch my games and buy new ones without losing connection to the server!
was steam down?
This guy didn't even know
Pages: 1 2