Limelight Forums

Full Version: Cannot Join
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pat

So I was doing an RP. Then my game crashed. Then I went back onto Gmod and clicked on the server. After waiting for a while It still said "Authenticating with Steam" . So I don't know what to do. D: .
(Dec 23, 2016, 06:18 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]To sum up,

The entirety of Steam and related services is down right now. As the server has just died, GMOD is unable to authenticate client connections. Those who are online right now (if any) are best staying connected if they intend to keep playing later. Steam community, including the store, official CS:GO servers, official TF2 servers and official Dota servers are also down. This doesn't affect community servers.

The reason it does have an effect on us is because GMOD needs to authenticate who you are so it doesn't get any player data jumbled with someone else. If it's unable to do this, then it will just hang you on "Authenticating with Steam".

TLDR: We're SOL until Steam comes back online.

Pat

Do you know when it will be back up?
https://steamstat.us/
I'd like to direct you towards this thread which explains it all. In a direct response to your question though, it's just a matter of patience.

If you need any other things answered which aren't on that thread, please add me here when steam's online, or send me a forum PM, and I'll answer for you.

Closed & Archived