Limelight Forums

Full Version: I think i might be banned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, today i was rpying on limelight and i obstructed the presidents convoy by accident and i ended up dieing then got revived but then i got a Connection error saying auto disconnect in 459 seconds so i was like wtf so i quit gmod and looked at steam and it said couldn't connect to steam so i signed out and wont let me log in im presuming steam might be having issues but will i still be banned for d/c to avoid arrest/rp situation as it wasnt really my fault?
You was arrested, dont worry about it.
Steam error is real i am sure about that.
I Have this problem also, Steam just wont go online. Think its an issue with steam
Steamcommunity.com is down just checked and so is most of the UK's clients and I also believe its a global thing as well.

Don't quote me on it though.

[Image: f5147f89f0.png]

[Image: b0240f588e.png]
Anything else?
Steam is down due to server overload when its holiday sales went live. No ETA at this time.
To sum up,

The entirety of Steam and related services is down right now. As the server has just died, GMOD is unable to authenticate client connections. Those who are online right now (if any) are best staying connected if they intend to keep playing later. Steam community, including the store, official CS:GO servers, official TF2 servers and official Dota servers are also down. This doesn't affect community servers.

The reason it does have an effect on us is because GMOD needs to authenticate who you are so it doesn't get any player data jumbled with someone else. If it's unable to do this, then it will just hang you on "Authenticating with Steam".

TLDR: We're SOL until Steam comes back online.
As I've already summed up here and we've concluded that you aren't banned, I'll be closing this thread out. If you have any other questions, please add me here and I'll answer them for you. Never mind.

Closed & Archived
Forgot to close & archive, whoops.