Limelight Forums

Full Version: Warthog UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Warthog

Ban ID: 4603

Banned by:[L²] Rocket

Ban Reason0: Prop-pushing 11th ban 15 blacklists on record. Last chance.

Why should you be unbanned?: First off, me and Black Magic were just screwing around, it was around 03:00 GMT. Also, my car which I prop pushed, was stuck on the bank of the lake. There were 5 people online, so its not like there was any RP going on. Onto prop pushing Black Magic; He's a friend of mine, we were having a bit of fun during off hours, no harm is done. If this was at say, 14:00, I would understand the ban, since that would be during busy and RP hours.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, WarthoG.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
looking at the video provided by the person who reported me (https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-13533.html) this prop pushing incident of my car wasn't to get it unstuck.
Do not post an unban request if:

- You know you broke the rules
- You aren't the one who is banned (if a player is forum-banned, they may elect a spokesperson to post their   appeal
- You have not waited the required time before posting a second UBR (see below)

What I am seeing here, is that you knowingly broke the rules.  There is not a time restriction to these rules.  There is no notation that says: "Rules will no longer apply between 02:00-08:00"  They apply 24/7.

I'm sorry, but just messing around with friends does not excuse you of these rules.  If a new player was to come on and see you guys doing these things, he/she would expect this to be the normal thing to do and would find him/herself getting banned also, it leads to a chain reaction.  That is why they are enforced at all times.

I'll leave it open for Rocket, but I would certainly say that this would be denied.
WarthoG, the video in the PR clearly shows you breaking the rules. Like SirWulf said, rules are in operation 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Just because you we're bored, does not give you a valid excuse to break server rules.

I see no reason for an unban.
I also agree with Brynn and Wulf. Just because there wasn't a lot of players online doesn't mean you're allowed to break the rules. The rules don't apply at a certain time and then not apply at another.
That being said, keep the following in mind;
No serious RP was occuring
No harm was done
It was all in good fun, are we no longer allowed to enjoy ourselves?

I understand your point of view on this, but consider mine too.
(Dec 22, 2016, 11:47 PM)WarthoG Wrote: [ -> ]That being said, keep the following in mind;
No serious RP was occuring
No harm was done
It was all in good fun, are we no longer allowed to enjoy ourselves?

I understand your point of view on this, but consider mine too.

Just because no one was role playing doesn't mean you can break rules. I don't really see your view point on this as the rules are in force 24/7
These rules are in force 24/7, messing around with friends during off hours does not excuse you from the rules, 5 players can role play. Adding your statements and the amount of bans and BLs on record, it seems rather evident that you haven't been learning from your mistakes.

As such, I am going to deny this request.