Limelight Forums

Full Version: Advanced Duplicator Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Whenever I try to save my last dupe it gives me this Error and it doesn't let me save it.  

AdvDupe-Error: Failed Saving File. it doesn't tell me why or anything it just says that. 

I have gotten an Error from when I get out the advanced dupe not sure if it has anything to do with it.
[ERROR] addons/advduplicator/lua/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/adv_duplicator.lua:1214: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil)
  1. gsub - [C]:-1
   2. AdvDuplicator_UpdateControlPanel - addons/advduplicator/lua/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/adv_duplicator.lua:1214
    3. func - addons/advduplicator/lua/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/adv_duplicator.lua:674
     4. unknown - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:32

I've re-done this dupe 3 times. And I've spent more than 10 hours building it just so it doesn't save. Please find a fix for this considering that it keeps happening to me randomly. Other players might not get the same bug but I'd like to know why its not saving for me so I can build again. 

Bug Display. 
Thank you for your bug-report, Rocket!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
Having this issue aswell.

Pat

Also having the Issue.
Bump.
Mhh I cannot re-produce this issue on build-server. I doubt the error has anything to do with it.
The message "Failed Saving" might be related to an unsupported material in your contraption.

Leaving this open until I get more input/can reproduce.
İ also had the issue, usually happens when there are more than 200 props involved.
(Dec 17, 2016, 02:13 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Mhh I cannot re-produce this issue on build-server. I doubt the error has anything to do with it.
The message "Failed Saving" might be related to an unsupported material in your contraption.

Well since you didn't reply to me on steam I'll just talk here.

That isn't the issue, I tried saving a 100 prop dupe with no materials at all and it gave me the same error. I'd like for you to look into this more as players would like to build on our community. Thank you.
After checking with and a lot of help from we found it was the weld-smart that was causing the issue.

Saving the dupes with weld-smart breaks the saving process, we welded all of our props manully with the normal gmod weld tool and it worked fine. Hopefully you can look into the weld-smart and see if you could fix it.

(Dec 17, 2016, 02:50 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 17, 2016, 02:13 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Mhh I cannot re-produce this issue on build-server. I doubt the error has anything to do with it.

Well since you didn't reply to me on steam I'll just talk here.

That isn't the issue, I tried saving a 100 prop dupe with no materials at all and it gave me the same error. I'd like for you to look into this more as players would like to build on our community. Thank you.

I am sorry but I am unable to provide support over Steam and I kindly ask you to read this: (https://limelightgaming.net/forums/membe...e&uid=2308) Thank you. 

Quote:After checking with @BlackOut and a lot of help from @Bambo we found it was the weld-smart that was causing the issue. 

Saving the dupes with weld-smart breaks the saving process, we welded all of our props manully with the normal gmod weld tool and it worked fine. Hopefully you can look into the weld-smart and see if you could fix it.

@Burnett

Thank's for re-producing the issue, thus giving me a point to look at. I will test the smartweld tool and provide a fix.
I've tested smartweld and it's alright. Connected 144 props and saved them. No issue mhh
That's odd, could it be something in the link between the advanced duplicator in the game and the one on the ucp? Something is causing it to break for some but not all of us.
I had this issue once I crossed 1000 props with smartweld, but anything below for me is fine.
What if you smartweld two props and try to save?
It happend to me aswell. It occured when I had a 90 prop dupe, but when I deleted props down to 85 it saved fine.
Pages: 1 2