Limelight Forums

Full Version: Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name:[L²:RP] ICEKILLER_99

Ban ID: 4554

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. [L²] SirWulf

Server: v4

Ban Reason: Involved in multiple bases as 'Heister' in order to bait police into base. Massive history of revenge killing, baiting and B/C bans, and Baiting/Revenge BLs.

Why should you be unbanned?:  So let me start from the first heist.We arrived at the bank,cops were there we pointed guns at them then someone shot not sure who after that we got into our cars and attempted to drive away and when we finally got to our base 5 mins after that there was a drone outside of our house.We shot it,it came back,it notified the police and they came then the shootout happend we killed all cops and switched bases after Wrabbie and jericho left as our base was destroyed and jericho's props weren't there.Now the second one I don't remember where our base was but we rushed in we killed nightmare and I died then callum and bismo shot lizard after that callum died and then bismo surrendered now onto the 3rd ''attempt'' we changed bases to industrial and we realised we didn't have any food so we went to the lake to go fishing.Then we changed bases to the lake house and then bismo I don't really know why said he had drugs in the house to a police officer I think then callum shot at someone or at something and the officer started firing aswell,we killed him and swat arrived we killed venom and then someone I think breached the door with a charge and my game crashed and I dont know what happend next.

Evidence: N/A
The staff-members have received your unban-request, ICEKILLER_99.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Thank you for posting first off,

The event started when I got saw a call about two towers that were built at the Corleone Estates and players were sniping from it. After investigating I saw that the entire gang was on top of a water tower prop with untextured panels acting as stairs leading to the very top. The lead to an unfair advantage as the players have a view of the entire area with a structure that is well above the roofline of the surrounding houses. This is part of why there is a rule about the fence line being 4 units in height.

Now at this point I had to run, my youngest son decided to throw up in his bed and for some reason was a bit upset about it.

When I returned the fight had all but finished, with an issue of the SWAT team possibly breaking NLR in order to resolve the situation. After researching, I found out that it was not the case, one surviving Officer made a backup call, prompting SWAT to respond, ETA 8 minutes on foot so that when they arrived, NLR would expire.

Now, I arrived during the raid so I don't really know the cause, just the outcome. But I did warn Jericho about the towers and he, in a rather sarcastic response said yes.

Fast Forward

A base was then built at the very end of Fish Avenue, was high walls and only one entrance, surrounding the two shacks in the area. There was a lot of goofing around. I didn't really see any roleplay going on. Just a lot of prone crawling, talking about things that are OOC and just hanging around. There was computer installed in a house but again, no roleplay. No using the computers to plan to bank robber, no meeting to go over scenarios, etc.

The bank heist happened. Which, even though it lead to hostages dead... bad planning by the police, and death... then came the main assault on the base. A scout Drone did spot the base, after it was shot down it was confirmation that the area was hostile. A massive shootout resulted, in which the police ended up backing off, even though a wall did end up getting destroyed.

Fast Forward

As the Fish Avenue base was destroyed, an Industrial warehouse was retrofitted as a base, which looked like some pot plants were left behind from its previous tenant.

Now, this is a good time to discuss the road trips. Two Hummers were brought in, one own by ICEKILLER, the other FIREKILLER. These were then used to drive around the entire map and from what I saw, it was to run around and act fairly aggressive. Passing police vehicles while they patrol, or going around one that was stopped at a red light. One officer pulled you over by the Hospital. ICEKILLER was the driver, Lynk the passenger. Now, Lynk was extremely rude to the officer from the beginning, telling him he had no right to pull them over because the officer was also breaking traffic laws, that he should also get a ticket, etc. ICEKILLER made a few comments also but the Officer decided to be nice and just do a $500 fine, which was paid. Afterwards Lynk made one more comment which the Officer took offense to, and then followed you all to the Bank of America parking lot, in which they both sat in the vehicle until Wrabbie met up with them.

Now, as Heisters, you are Bank Robbers. Breaking traffic laws, being rude to the police when pulled over, driving around police cars, this is something that should be avoided when you want to lay low and not be caught. These are also signs of baiting. Breaking laws and trying to start fights in order to start a possible chase.

Back in Industrial it was decided to go fishing right after MikePro joined the group, or asked to join as I didn't see much of him afterwards. So, off to the lake.

As you were at the lake, the house next to the docks were purchased and outfitted as a base. At this time, an officer finished fishing and started talking with bismo. After conversing about not having drugs in the house, and other comments from in the house about hiding the drugs and such, the officer decided to investigate. bismo ran into the house to see that the group was completely armed and ready to shoot at the door. When the officer arrived at the door, Jericho initiated the firefight resulting in the officers death, ICEKILLER timing out and bismo running, while the SWAT arrived and killed everyone else.

----------------------------------------

ok, so what I'm seeing here is a lot of aggressive behavior, possible police baiting and massive firefights within the 'Heisters' bases. Yes, from what I saw there was one success with a player made bank. But before and after that I found the situation to be over the top for a job that should be low key.

Now, as this is an unban request for only ICEKILLER, we'll talk to you directly.

You had 5 bans, one for Revenge Killing for an RDA claim, another for FailRP, baiting police into raiding and attacking. Also had 9 blacklists, weapons for aggressive baiting police, revenge killing, killing injured suspects as SWAT, RDM and Teamkilling. This shows me that you have had plenty of warnings about killing, baiting and your overall aggressive behavior. Instead of learning from it, you have instead continued on your path.

You did time out during the raid, which I do believe was not intentional, so I haven't included D/C to avoid RP in this, which you do have one ban already for. We'll not worry about that.

But overall, after what I watched and experienced, I believe that this 15 days is warranted based on today's events and your past history. Overall, you should know better than to do what you were doing after having so many chances in the past.
The event started when I got saw a call about two towers that were built at the Corleone Estates and players were sniping from it. After investigating I saw that the entire gang was on top of a water tower prop with untextured panels acting as stairs leading to the very top. The lead to an unfair advantage as the players have a view of the entire area with a structure that is well above the roofline of the surrounding houses. This is part of why there is a rule about the fence line being 4 units in height. 

Alright so,this here was not my fault as I had to rejoin 3 minutes after the towers were built because I couldn't see icons when people were talking neither could I hear them

When I returned the fight had all but finished, with an issue of the SWAT team possibly breaking NLR in order to resolve the situation. After researching, I found out that it was not the case, one surviving Officer made a backup call, prompting SWAT to respond, ETA 8 minutes on foot so that when they arrived, NLR would expire.

^ This fight I haven't been in as I said I reconnected as I couldn't see icons or hear people and after I rejoined I got to the corleone estate I was tehre for about 2 minutes or so and SWAT arrived.I got in after that got out and from outside I see wrabbie in a gas mask ready to shoot swat with his ak.I go to open the door and I see swat pointing weapons at me I followed them to behind the garage and then I got cuffed and crawled to safety.

A base was then built at the very end of Fish Avenue, was high walls and only one entrance, surrounding the two shacks in the area. There was a lot of goofing around. I didn't really see any roleplay going on. Just a lot of prone crawling, talking about things that are OOC and just hanging around. There was computer installed in a house but again, no roleplay. No using the computers to plan to bank robber, no meeting to go over scenarios, etc.  

We did actually ''plan'' something if you want to call it that as the first one failed we wen't back and planned the other one saying who will do what and stuff and then the drone arrived and we shot it down.Then it came back and police came aswell and then the shootout happend.
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]Now, this is a good time to discuss the road trips. Two Hummers were brought in, one own by ICEKILLER, the other FIREKILLER. These were then used to drive around the entire map and from what I saw, it was to run around and act fairly aggressive. Passing police vehicles while they patrol, or going around one that was stopped at a red light. One officer pulled you over by the Hospital. ICEKILLER was the driver, Lynk the passenger. Now, Lynk was extremely rude to the officer from the beginning, telling him he had no right to pull them over because the officer was also breaking traffic laws, that he should also get a ticket, etc. ICEKILLER made a few comments also but the Officer decided to be nice and just do a $500 fine, which was paid. Afterwards Lynk made one more comment which the Officer took offense to, and then followed you all to the Bank of America parking lot, in which they both sat in the vehicle until Wrabbie met up with them.

So here I had no intention to bait police as you saw I pulled over and told him that he broke laws aswell I was not being rude to him yes callum was but I wasn't.

As you were at the lake, the house next to the docks were purchased and outfitted as a base. At this time, an officer finished fishing and started talking with bismo. After conversing about not having drugs in the house, and other comments from in the house about hiding the drugs and such, the officer decided to investigate. bismo ran into the house to see that the group was completely armed and ready to shoot at the door. When the officer arrived at the door, Jericho initiated the firefight resulting in the officers death, ICEKILLER timing out and bismo running, while the SWAT arrived and killed everyone else.

So for that it was not jericho that shot it was callum.I did not timeout when callum shot I timedout when we killed venom and swat I think breached the door.And why should I get banned for something that another person did? I defended myself as I was already in the base and I was getting shot at.

[/font]
(Dec 11, 2016, 10:29 AM)ICEKILLER_99 Wrote: [ -> ]Alright so,this here was not my fault as I had to rejoin 3 minutes after the towers were built because I couldn't see icons when people were talking neither could I hear them

^ This fight I haven't been in as I said I reconnected as I couldn't see icons or hear people and after I rejoined I got to the corleone estate I was tehre for about 2 minutes or so and SWAT arrived.I got in after that got out and from outside I see wrabbie in a gas mask ready to shoot swat with his ak.I go to open the door and I see swat pointing weapons at me I followed them to behind the garage and then I got cuffed and crawled to safety.

We did actually ''plan'' something if you want to call it that as the first one failed we wen't back and planned the other one saying who will do what and stuff and then the drone arrived and we shot it down.Then it came back and police came aswell and then the shootout happend.

So here I had no intention to bait police as you saw I pulled over and told him that he broke laws aswell I was not being rude to him yes callum was but I wasn't.

So for that it was not jericho that shot it was callum.I did not timeout when callum shot I timedout when we killed venom and swat I think breached the door.And why should I get banned for something that another person did? I defended myself as I was already in the base and I was getting shot at.

ok, yes you did disconnect to fix an issue.  However you were involved in the construction of the base.  Now, this part was mostly Jericho's build.  Which I did have a talk with him in /pm.  I mention this as it was the very beginning of my investigation.

Again, yes I'm aware of your disconnect.  After verifying that your issue was resolved you did return to the base and went right back to the RP.  It took you 10 minutes to log back in.  So, let's say about 15 minutes or so for you to make sure things were working, then get back to the base.  Now, with the amount of police cars scattered around the area, you should have had a pretty good idea as to what was going on.  But you entered into the fray regardless then broke the RP by doing OOC comments like .// I just rejoined and .// fuk u.  It was your choice to return to that area while the police were on scene.  They had every right to detain you, yet you broke the RP and complained a lot about how it was wrong because you had just gotten on.  Which, wasn't entirely true as you only took a 10 minute break.

You did ask a few times who had a keypad cracker, inbetween OOC comments about KKK, ISIS and yelling out curse words.  Now for the raid itself, sending /pms to people during battle to get rekd is a bit not appropriate, especially when they aren't even involved, such as Obay.  You think a 'Heister' would call the owner of a Drone and tell them to go f off?  Again, you are advertising and calling attention to yourself when you should be focused on hiding inbetween heists.

Yes, you pulled over.  I was half expecting a shootout when Lynx hopped out of the passenger seat, or a chase to start when he ran back in really quickly.  But, that did not occur.  Cutting off an Officer while he is talking with 'Now bye', and adding fuel to the fire giving examples to Lynx's complaints is something that only serves to add anger into the mix, that is being rude.  As for the broken 'law', he was in the grass, but you had ran a red stop sign and cut him off in the process of turning.  If nothing else, that stop sign was grounds for him pulling you over.

So, upon looking at the logs, you are correct.  However to me that makes matters worse as you actually shot at the first Officer also.  You were involved in the initial confrontation that shouldn't have happened in the first place if all this talk about drugs didn't happen.  There was no drugs or contra in the building.  A simple talk with the officer, a bribe, a bit of coffee, anything to keep the officer calm could have diffused the matter in a more RP-friendly manner than to simply blow the officer away for simply investigating suspicious behavior.

--------------

Overall, this is the thing.  What I mentioned earlier is an overall prospective of what I saw from the entire gang.  Not everyone had equal sharing in all of that, which is why I dealt with them all on individual basis, evaluating the extent of what they did vs. their prior history vs. their time on the server.

You did not get banned for what others have done.  You were banned for your participation and your actions within that timeframe.  And, you were well aware of the risk involved as you did mention in Local OOC at least once that you don't want to get banned during all of this.

So, unless you have any further evidence, or comments, I am going to deny this request.  I will give you 24 hours of this post.

Thank you.
You did not get banned for what others have done.  You were banned for your participation and your actions within that timeframe.  And, you were well aware of the risk involved as you did mention in Local OOC at least once that you don't want to get banned during all of this.

This was when I was building the base at the lake and callum was inpatient and was telling me to just leave it like that and I said ''No I dont want to get banned.''

u were involved in the initial confrontation that shouldn't have happened in the first place if all this talk about drugs didn't happen.  There was no drugs or contra in the building.  A simple talk with the officer, a bribe, a bit of coffee, anything to keep the officer calm could have diffused the matter in a more RP-friendly manner than to simply blow the officer away for simply investigating suspicious behavior.

So,Callum shot at the direction of the dock and then the officer started firing aswell I hid in the base to get a gun and started shooting at him as I wanted to defend myself,If I were to run out I would get arrested and as we were planing a heist and already done 2 I wouldn't want to go to jail right?

Now for the raid itself, sending /pms to people during battle to get rekd is a bit not appropriate, especially when they aren't even involved, such as Obay.  You think a 'Heister' would call the owner of a Drone and tell them to go f off?  Again, you are advertising and calling attention to yourself when you should be focused on hiding inbetween heists.

This was OOC and said as a joke.
You did ask a few times who had a keypad cracker, inbetween OOC comments about KKK, ISIS and yelling out curse words

KKK and ISIS was about what I was searching and it popped out of nowhere and I just said it also the curse words were IC
Are you able to provide a crash-report?

Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod" and take a screenshot of your crashlog file.
[Image: 51d8736ca2.png]

I agree with Wulf and the desicion that he's made on this case. Your behavior on the server isn't the type that we wish to see on our servers, and we don't wish for our server to be Team Deathmatch-oriented as it seems you were trying to make it. Multiple players have been banned for baiting police as this is considered failRP.

You knew that you were on risky territory when it came to your behaviour and you should have toned your behaviour and remarks in chat down.
https://imgur.com/a/PdDxg
You did crash during the last firefight.  You were however still involved as the logs indicated that you did injure the Officer that was investigating outside, who was first shot while against the wall near the door.  The first shooter walked out of the door and shot (towards the lake) and initiated the battle.

Now it is true you didn't start that battle, you were still prepared to kill unnecessarily throughout the day. You were also the driver of the hummer, driving around police vehicles stopped at a traffic light, running stop signs and messing around in general. As a 'Heister', that is certainly FailRP as you should be as low key as possible between jobs.

As such, this is denied.