Limelight Forums

Full Version: Downloading fonts every time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Server [US/EU]: EU
Map: v4b1
Description: every time I join the server the game rechecks/redownloads many fonts and it takes about 10 minutes to do so.
Bug is [In-Game/On Forums/Other]:  In-Game - loading screen
Since when have you experienced the bug? since I came back few days ago
Additional Information I have subscribed to every content pack and installed some related packs manually.
Images/Screenshots:

Thank you for your bug-report, Joulle!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
Happening to me too, along with VCMOD blinkers.
Same here
same here, time to join has gone from 5-10 minutes to 30-40 minutes.
Pretty sure it isn't a bug, I am not 100% sure but I installed the font manually
(Dec 10, 2016, 11:56 PM)MidgetBeMidget Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure it isn't a bug, I am not 100% sure but I installed the font manually

yes but this needs to be fixed as this surely turns away some people, especially newer players.
Although, I'd love to get my hands on those font files for the moment so that I can install them manually.
I also have this issue..extremely annoying..
yeah this is really stupid, i dont want to download those damn fonts everytime!
I just checked the one download time when you re-download the fonts its something like 1gb! so everytime you join server you download 1gb of nonsense to your computer!!!
A temporary fix is to disable server downloads from Options > Multiplayer until this issue is resolved.
(Dec 11, 2016, 01:40 PM)mipastu Wrote: [ -> ]I just checked the one download time when you re-download the fonts its something like 1gb! so everytime you join server you download 1gb of nonsense to your computer!!!

Re-downloads the same things and overlaps them, it doesnt eat up any additional space.

Also  please fix.
(Dec 12, 2016, 01:45 AM)Zeyon Wrote: [ -> ]A temporary fix is to disable server downloads from Options > Multiplayer until this issue is resolved.

This doesn't really resolve even a temporary issue towards the downloads as the issue if you disable server downloads, the models of vehicles, player models and certain players become to be a bug, especially photon and it's lighting system.
Thanks for your patience community. We fixed this issue and downloads are much more stable now. Speed has been increased as well (webserver).

https://limelightgaming.net/services/cha...p?rev=1812
Reported as no longer bugged