Limelight Forums

Full Version: Rules regarding personal teamspeak channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any Rules regarding your own team speak channel?

The only Rule I found about IC chat is 2.3 Do not Metagame. This means you cannot talk OOC (Out Of Character) while IC (In Character). You can't use OOC-obtained information IC either.

Is it possible to have your own channel for you and your clan/police/security RP, and not be counted as metagaming?

e.g OOC "Would you like to join my teamspeak for further RP?" as Corleone member/police unit/s.w.a.t

This is about a private team speak, not LIMELIGHT GAMING TEAMSPEAK 

Thanks Smile 
Hello, .

With personal TeamSpeak channels, there is not many rules over the IC/Metagaming Rule, yes. Most rules are able to be found under the TeamSpeak Rules in the actual TeamSpeak server. TeamSpeak channels can be IC. I usually create a temporary sub-channel under the In-Game Channels section on the Teamspeak 3, just to prevent players from stating otherwise.

If it is a clan, you are able to ask a staff member to create a display of channels that you wish. That is if you have a clan. I will leave this thread open for any staff members or other teachers to add to my comments if there is anything I have missed.

Have a great day, MrBonBon.
Generally, if it's not on the Limelight teamspeak, that could be used against you in a PR. Just to be safe, I'd create a channel/join a channel and state in it's channel description that it's meant to be used for IC purposes only, then make a subchannel which can be used for OOC discussions and stuff.
This generally wouldn't be allowed for the following reasons:

1. It's still meta-gaming - IC information is only allowed to be shared in-game or via the government radio channels on the Limelight Gaming Teamspeak
2. It's technically advertising - You're promoting your Teamspeak server through our services.
3. Security - Owning your own TeamSpeak server means you can view anyone's IP that joins. Therefore, we, as staff, strong advise players to only join TeamSpeak servers run by people/companies they trust.
I understand, thank you for all the feedback!
Closed and Archived.
User has received many answers by staff and teacher teams and understands what he can do.

Sours
Limelight Community Assistant
Tries to close it again.