Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR on ForceChristmas.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of Player: ForceChristmas

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8701341

Server: V4

Time: (In UTC+0)  21:15>

Summary: Invalid demotion of SammiJammi. MrChristmas Wrongfully demoted SammiJammi with the reason "Refusal to disclose why he's driving around with an EMS in his vehicle"

SammiJammi responded to him, explaing that I was "FirstResponse" in OOC.
After ForceChristmas wanted further information SammiJammi replied with "1.11 if you would" in OOC.
He gave a sufficient reason to ForceChristmas and still got demoted.

I am BonBon, the paramedic who was involved.[Image: Yvq7eEd.jpg]

[Image: DOYxre9.jpg][Image: AeYtZ14.jpg]
Thank you for your player-report, MrBonbon.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, the accused player and witnesses may reply to this report.

ForceGhost

I asked Sammijammi his reason for driving around with an EMS in his vehicle.

He replied in Local OOC "First Response" and "1.11 if you would" before driving off.

I then demoted him for not disclosing his reason for driving around with an EMS because IC he never explained his actions to me.
Involved

I was with ForceChristmas during the time and I was accompanied with him. The demotion was due to a Paramedic being with a Police Officer which the Captain (ForceChristmas) asked why Sammi had done it and he responding "First Response" In OOC as you stated. He didn't say anything afterward in IC as it was an IC situation on why he was asked.

With this, It's FailRP as it is with the Paramedic being with a Police Officer as it is, so I still do not understand why you accompanied him.

I have a question for you .
Why have you written the PR on  rather than the person who was actually affected by it? .
He didn't have to explain his RP situation to either of you, but ForceChristmas still acted on this.
What's Rule 1.11?
You could've easily asked a member of staff to intervene, but instead you took it into your own hands IC.
In which the situation at that point was OOC.

As for my RP. paramedic is open to a number of roles such as, first aider, EMT, Paramedic.
Mine was a FirstResponse, meaning I needed to get to the loaction as soon as possible.
My job title was informative.

Sours was merely a witness, not involved.
Firstly; I had explained over the mic, that he was First Response along with myself.

Secondly, Mrbon had also stated, that we were first response, granted that you may not have heard me, his message was extremely clear and you should have taken it into account, just because you wanted your officer to state it, does not mean that the person you were refering to, I.E the paramedic, was not there and did not exist, he had every right to tell you as per the nature of our roleplay.

Thirdly, as per my request in Out of Character, if you wished to know a reason for my roleplay, you should have enquired with an admin, as per the rule 1.11:

1.11 You are not required to provide a reason for your RP actions to other players in OOC, even if they request it; you are only required to
provide a reason for your RP actions to admins when they ask.

As I had told you in out of character that my reasoning need not be provided to you unless an admin wishes, it became an out of character situation, regardless of if you were asking in character.

If you had not heard me, you should have asked again, instead of forcing your hand immediately without thinking logically about it, if my partner had said to you that we were first response, of which he used the word 'we,' it not only explained my actions, but also answered your question.
(Nov 29, 2016, 11:57 PM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]Involved

I was with ForceChristmas during the time and I was accompanied with him. The demotion was due to a Paramedic being with a Police Officer which the Captain (ForceChristmas) asked why Sammi had done it and he responding "First Response" In OOC as you stated. He didn't say anything afterward in IC as it was an IC situation on why he was asked.

With this, It's FailRP as it is with the Paramedic being with a Police Officer as it is, so I still do not understand why you accompanied him.

I have a question for you .
Why have you written the PR on  rather than the person who was actually affected by it? .

A player report is for when you see another player breaking the rules, it is not a specific requirement for those that are directly involved to post it.
Rule 1.11 is for OOC purposes only. If someone asks you In-Character about why you did something, you can't just say "rule 1.11". You can, of course, decide not to disclose that information in-character, but that can lead to consequences such as this.

did they inform you of the reason over microphone as they claim?

ForceGhost

(Nov 30, 2016, 12:11 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]Rule 1.11 is for OOC purposes only. If someone asks you In-Character about why you did something, you can't just say "rule 1.11". You can, of course, decide not to disclose that information in-character, but that can lead to consequences such as this.

did they inform you of the reason over microphone as they claim?

SammiJammi didn't make any interaction with me over mic.

MrBonBon said he was a first responder over mic, which I disregarded as I asked SammiJammi directly.
do you have anything else to add or any more evidence to present before this PR is concluded?
He did not address me or sam specifically.
He asked an IC question which I replied and IC informative answer.

Plays.tv has not finished uploading.
So I will not be presenting any further evidence. Thank you
Bon has covered what is needed .
Denied.

The reasoning for the demotion was deemed valid. No evidence of an IC response by Sammi was presented or seen in the logs. Ignoring your superior and/or driving off before they are finished talking to you is grounds for a demotion. It makes sense for the police sergeant to await a response from his subordinate rather than someone else. To avoid this situation in the future make sure you explain to your superior what you are doing in detail and make sure they don't want any further clarification before leaving.

Also once again, 1.11 does not apply to in-character demands. If you are asked for a reason in-character then refusing to answer in-character can carry in-character consequences.