Limelight Forums

Full Version: Building problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So there is a (I think) common issue with self-built stuff. The problem I'm talking about is the weird shadows that are applied on self-built buildings turning the used props black and making them only visible with light sources. I still don't know why it happens or how I can fix it, and I can't find a fix for this anywhere... So I'm gonna ask here because it really messes up my custom buildings every time, making it not really fun to build stuff :/

Example 1
Example 2

Thanks for your help!
The render override tool would fix that problem, I believe.
No real fix for it
(Nov 20, 2016, 04:03 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]The render override tool would fix that problem, I believe.

I tried that, and it would work, but it completely removes the rendering, removing all shaders and stuff from it, making it light up even in the darkest night...
Yeah, those are the only two options though, due to the weirdness of how GMod renders entities on the fly. A rock and a hard place, I'm afraid.

At the moment there are three main options:
1. Leaving it.
2. Render Override tool.
3. Move the building around until you find an area where it doesn't black (not guaranteed).

Sorry about that.
I'll wait and see if you have any more questions about the rendering stuff before I close & archive this for you
Question answered, Issue is an engine issue which has no real fix.

Thread Archived.
Limelight Community Teacher
Project