Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Raroy

Ban ID: 2768

Banned by: [L²] Enzyme

Server: EU

Ban Reason: Mass RDM

Why should you be unbanned?: Well to resume the story, a bit more than 6 months ago I mass RDMed a group of people after giving away all of my money (400k) to one of them, for me getting banned was a way of preventing me to play more on this server, I was simply wasting too much time on Gmod when I needed to work on my exams and most of my playtime wasn't pleasant and that got on my nerves. When Enzyme took me with his physgun and asked me why I just did that, I exclaimed that I wanted to get banned.
I came back recently on the forum to see how the server had evolved and it seems to me that it has got much better with the new RP content added more or less recently, the RP experience seems to be much deeper and I've also found somebody IRL to share that experience with as I used to play alone so I really do desire to come back and enjoy Gmod on such a unique server.
I think I've served enough time for my action and I do hope that you will also take into consideration that I do regret what I've done, I'm very sorry for the mess I've caused and it shall not happen again, as a player with almost 2000 hours Gmod playtime I can tell you that I'm not here to minge around and that I do really enjoy serious RP.

Excuse me If I've done any grammatical mistake
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Pnoroff.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
So here is my concern. What is to say you get mad by something and do the exact same thing again?

If you wanted a ban to prevent you from playing, you could have asked an Admin or put in a PR request on yourself. It has been done before and gives you a much better chance of coming back when you want to.
I regret what I've done and therefore I've learnt a lesson, I've learnt that if you do stupid decisions you will regret it and this is why I'm currently here making an unban request.
This answers both questions.
, may I have your opinion on this as you were the original one that issued this ban?
Hey there!

I have the same question as Wulf asked, which was why you just didn't request a ban on yourself instead of going on our servers to cause chaos and mayhem and ruining the experience for others. What you did was a very selfish act with no regard to those who you affected. I know that you answered this question already but I fail to see how your ban should be removed or reduced just because you want to play on our servers again.

The whole point of a ban is to serve as a punishment to not allow someone who wants to play on our servers to play on our servers. Now you've returned and you wish once again to play on our servers and I don't see why your wish should be granted and how we can trust you from committing such actions here again. There's little for us to loose by keeping your ban as it is instead of us reducing or removing your ban. You have 5 months left on your ban which could have been a permanent-ban to begin with.

You've played on GMOD for 2000 hours as you said yourself and that makes you an experienced player on communities and this only shows that you knew how severe your actions were and what the consequences would be of committing them.

I'm afraid that I'm not seeing a good reason for unbanning you just yet but I won't close this thread yet. If you have anything that you wish to add to your case then please do that, and if any other staff-members want to give their input or ask questions then I welcome this too.
"I know that you answered this question already but I fail to see how your ban should be removed or reduced just because you want to play on our servers again."

Because I have a made a quick stupid decision and did not think of the consequences, I got pushed to my limits and threw away both my money my ability to play on this server. I'm still human and like everyone I can sometimes make irrational decisions, you make it look like it was calculated.

Anyhow If that's not enough to prove my good will then may I ask how can I prove it? As I can assure you that the ban did it's effects on me and that my behaviour has never been mingey. Isn't that the goal of a ban? Punishing the player at fault and teaching him/her a lesson while letting the other players enjoy their experience in peace?
I'm simply asking for a second chance as I acknowledge that it was indeed selfish and stupid, but now I consider that I've been punished and that my behaviour doesn't present a threat to the community.
I'm willing to negotiate a deal if that's an option.
I'm sorry to ask this but is my unban request still being reviewed?
I'll reduce your ban down to one week, but I highly advice you to update yourself on all of our rules:

https://limelightgaming.net/derma/rules.html

Approved.