Limelight Forums

Full Version: Do we actually need a new map?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my opinion, we do. To be honest (this is my opinion) the server's map is starting to get a little boring. If nothing big or gameplay changing is being introduced then players will just be experiencing the same things over and over again. Most of the time, people won't set up decent roleplays because either (a) they can't be arsed or (b) they just expect everyone to 'minge' around or not even participate, resulting in them wasting their time on building and setup. For this, I'm starting to think that we need a map change - not a different version of EvoCity, but a completely different map. I think that this will freshen up the server a lot.

I know that there's a lot of problems with people losing their dupes and I know that a lot of people will be upset if the map cannot harbour the dupes that have been made on the v4b1 map, but I guess that's what makes it fresh. The idea of remaking dupes, exploring ways in which you can conduct different roleplays and being in a completely new, fresh environment, is something that LimeLight needs (again, I stress that this is my opinion).

Let's, for example, take the popular sandbox game, Minecraft. This game was very popular through its alpha, beta and full release stages, and still is. I ask you, why do you think this is the case? It's because they push regular updates, add new (big) features, and make sure that the community who play are always watered with aspects to keep them playing. 

I know that there are probably already threads out there discussing this, but I'm too lazy to find them. Put your comments with your opinion on what a new map could bring to the community.

TLDR - If you do the same thing 1000 times, you get bored. If you do the same thing 1000 times then change something (the map), it's fresh again. Mojang has the right idea.
What about v5p or v2p?
(Nov 18, 2016, 11:21 PM)Saiye Wrote: [ -> ]not a different version of EvoCity, but a completely different map.
No we don't need another map.
(Nov 19, 2016, 01:44 AM)Eclipze Wrote: [ -> ]No we don't need another map.

Any reason? Or just the one statement
To be honest, it isn't bothering me too much. I don't really see the need.
We just updated, don't see a need for a new map.
Yes, a complete makeover would be ideal and would bring in a lot of new players. Frankly I think that LimeLight should start investing in becoming a standalone game using Unreal Engine or Unity - It's working great for the Gmod Tower guys.
(Nov 18, 2016, 11:21 PM)Saiye Wrote: [ -> ]Let's, for example, take the popular sandbox game, Minecraft. This game was very popular through its alpha, beta and full release stages, and still is. I ask you, why do you think this is the case? It's because they push regular updates, add new (big) features, and make sure that the community who play are always watered with aspects to keep them playing. 

Mojang has the right idea.

I think your forgetting that minecraft has hundreds, maybe thousands at a push l, of developers in the form of coders, modellers, writers and designers. Compared to LimeLight's team of around 10-15 Developers & Contributors.
And it's Microsoft, not Mojang.

OT: A new map is not required we have tried maps other than EvoCity and they have failed miserably.
I'm with GriiM on this one.

Unreal Engine 4 has many possibilities and I believe CityRP should adapt itself and become a standalone that can be built on a newer engine. Wouldn't hurt to come up with a media campaign project and start a Kickstarter to fund it. Garry's Mod is a lost cause and will not last for many more years and neither will Space Engineers, considering there are much better alternative(s) coming out and being released fairly soon in 2017/2018.

https://youtu.be/eTt7AGIpV2I
https://youtu.be/yxdp0icxcC0

To add this level of customization would bring CityRP to a whole notha level
Identity is being developed in UE4 I think but it looks like another Second Life with a little bit of GTA. https://www.identityrpg.com/