Limelight Forums

Full Version: Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: 

Ban ID: 4391

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag.
[L²] Sirwulf
Server:  v4

Ban Reason: Revenge Killing for a RDA claim, breaking rule 19.3. A history of violence without roleplay or any sign of remorse. With the number of hours, should know much better than this.

Why should you be unbanned?:  First of all.mic spam?I had a radio ask Haamster about that,second how do you know it was loud?Any evidence?No.I handled the situation IC as I am supposed to do and I posted a PR as he tased me then handcuffed me and arrested me without saying a single word,I got crazier and crazier from jail,all those trainings all the people screaming at me and then I turned psychopathic,he ruined my life so I wanted revenge.

Evidence: N/A 
The staff-members have received your unban-request, ICEKILLER_99.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Bump.
First off, please don’t bump a Courthouse thread.  This isn’t a suggestion and it won’t get lost.

My judgment was based on many different things here, and I shall go ahead and elaborate my reasonings.

Radio was spawned, multiple times.  However it should be used for roleplaying purposes which from what I can see, was not.  You and Haamster was messing around with props and the snow.  I saw no form of Roleplay.

Reasons for Ban:

19.3 – Do not mic-spam.  If you want to play music through your microphone, have an appropriate building set up and make sure that the volume is not loud.

Which means that using your mic as a radio shouldn’t be done unless you have a building and are roleplaying.  Just having it play while you are messing around in the streets is not the route to go.  Now it is true that I don’t know exactly how loud it was, but the evidence that I was given suggests that.

9.3 – Do not change your job title in an attempt to circumvent or avoid roleplay.
1.12 – Purposefully attempting to find loopholes in the rules will likely result in punishment.

You became a Pyschopath as soon as you entered jail.  Now, I’m questioning this as a possible 9.3 violation in addition to 1.12.  There was no roleplay involved before, during or after you changed this job title.  It seems that you used the name change solely to kill the officer that arrested you for your own OOC reasons.

Finally, your prior history of Teamkilling, RDM, Killing injured suspects as a SWAT Officer, etc… it is clear to me that you have violent tendencies.  You have been warned time and time again to keep that in check.  Therefore, I issued this ban based off of all of these factors.

Let’s go over what happened from what I have gathered:

----

In order to keep the noise pollution down, Qannter arrested you.  Now, it is true that he did not do any form of written warning or /mes, but he did issue a detailed warrant for arrest.  This is something that can be handled non-violently in character.  Instead, as soon as he tazed you, you went straight to Local OOC with:

.// What are you doing?
.// What are you doing?
.// Tell me
.// What are you doing?

So, instead of asking the officer what was going on, you break RP to ask the player.  You may have been able to talk to the officer, negotiate a ticket instead, apologize for the noise, something to avoid the arrest.  Instead, your efforts was spent OOC.

After the arrest, you continued with your OOC and then changed your job:

Qannter - /warrant 18 arrest for screaming in public. Disturbing the peace
// Why did you arrest me?
/job Psychopath
Qannter - // your mioc wont shut up
// Right,pr coming up
// Right,pr coming up
// Right,pr coming up
Qannter // oh yeah? good luck cause arrests are IC
// Mhm

Not once do I see you try and RP your role as a Psychopath.  Instead you spent your time complaining about this RDA in OOC.

has spawned as Citizen

A free man now, you then proceed to equip yourself.  Then provide a link to Qannter, in OOC, not PM about his PR Request.  Now, did you do this to distract him so that you could get a clean shot at him while he was AFK reading the report?

/inventory Elizabeth use 1
// https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-13098.html defend yourself
/inventory lennie_mask use 1
Qannter - // lol k
/inventory Kevlar_70 use 1
// You won’t be happy when you get banned
/laws
.// Wait
/inventory steroids use 1
/inventory .338_lapua use 1
/inventory cw_scar20 use 1
injured: Qannter (STEAM_0:0:34466251) [cw_scar20]

So, without any RP, just OOC communication, you killed him while he was probably reacting to the link that you provided.  Immediately afterwards, you then proceed to take your gear off.  Now here is the only time that I see any form of RP:

/holster
/inventory cityrp_briefcase use 1
/inventory suit3 use 1
y/me takes off his suit and balaclava off
./me puts it in the briefcase
/inventory lennie_mask use 1
/inventory suit3 use 1
./me takes his suit and balaclava off
./me puts it in the briefcase
/911 Dead officer in nexus
Done my job

You then proceed to head back to playing around.

-----

You did not roleplay during the arrest, while in jail, nor before you killed the Officer.  The only bit of roleplay I see was when you were repacking your gear.

From what I see, you used the OOC channel to complain to one player, making it a public matter, you then used the PR Report that you created to cause a distraction which left your target AFK in the Nexus while you sniped him.  It took 6 minutes from the time that you shot him to the time that he came back.

As for the ‘ruined your life’ statement, if that was the case you wouldn’t have been able to go straight back to your activities afterwards.  All that happened was that you were arrested for a public disturbance that you could have avoided if you talked with him IC.

As such:

Your prior bans, blacklists and warning
+
Hours in which you’ve played
+
The way in which you handled the situation
+
It is clear to me that your only intent was revenge killing and then getting back to your friend to play around with Christmas props.
=
Why you were banned.
, is there anything more that you would like to add? I'll give 24 hours to respond.
Wait wait ''You did not roleplay during the arrest''
How am I supposed to roleplay when he tased me cuffed me and arrested me without giving me time to say a word.
''[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]Now, did you do this to distract him so that you could get a clean shot at him while he was AFK reading the report?''
No I did not.I sent it to him so he could defend himself.
[/font]
You had time to Local OOC after you were revived though, time that could have been spent role-playing.

To me it is fishy that you sent that link right before you equipped yourself, telling him to defend himself on the forums while you are gearing up. If he was just standing there in the Nexus lobby surely you'd have known he was on the forums.
Could be fishy to you but I did not send it to him to disract him so I could get a clear shot.Also what rule is it breaking?And how much time did I have after I got woken up?Also about the mic spam why did  tell me that I need a radio to play music. (tagged him so he could tell you that he really did tell me that.
Well, FailRP and Metagaming, killing a player knowing that he is standing AFK in the Nexus reading a forum report. 

You had 1 minute from when you woke up to when you were arrested.  Short time, yes.  But in that time you had sent 4 Local OOC comments, time enough for you to have asked In-Character at least something.

ok, let me bring up the rule again:

19.3 – Do not mic-spam.  If you want to play music through your microphone, have an appropriate building set up and make sure that the volume is not loud.

The use of the Radio prop is not in question here.  It was its use, from what I gathered it was not used to Roleplay, but to mess around with props and snow.  The radio was not in a building or RP setup in which a radio would make sense.  And then the volume itself was brought into question, which you have previously stated wasn't that low. 

, , how loud would you say the music was?
You had 1 minute from when you woke up to when you were arrested.  Short time, yes.  But in that time you had sent 4 Local OOC comments, time enough for you to have asked In-Character at least something.
The LOOC messages were sent while I was knocked out
You asked 'What are you doing?' while you were unconscious.

Either way you are missing the point entirely. The only time you did any form of role play was when you unpacked your gear after killing the officer.

Overall, you have not convinced me that you have learned from this, accept it, or that I was in error.

As such, I am going to deny this.