Limelight Forums

Full Version: Black screen upon connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Connecting to the server works fine, but when I am connected to the server, I am faced with a black screen. Connecting was working fine last night, but now I am faced with this issue.

Before you ask, I have:
  • Subscribed to all content.
  • Restarted Garry's Mod.
  • Verified game crash.

Also, I can load V4B1 in singleplayer perfectly fine, so it seems to be a problem I am facing with the server.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Jim.
If you haven't already verify your game integrity.
(Nov 5, 2016, 03:32 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]If you haven't already verify your game integrity.

Unfortunately, that didn't work.
Add -condebug to your launch parameters, join the server then find the console.log file that's been generated in the base of your GMOD install. Once you've found it, upload the contents to pastebin and leave a link in here.
(Nov 5, 2016, 04:14 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]Add -condebug to your launch parameters, join the server then find the console.log file that's been generated in the base of your GMOD install. Once you've found it, upload the contents to pastebin and leave a link in here.

As requested:
Pastebin
Alright, I think I see your issue.

In your launch parameters, whilst keeping -condebug in, add -dxlevel 95 to your launch parameters. A space should be used to separate the two arguments.

Please note your resolution will mess up if your running in windowed mode, ignore it for now. Post your updated console.log uploaded to pastebin here once you've attempted joining.
(Nov 5, 2016, 05:15 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]Post your updated console.log uploaded to pastebin here once you've attempted joining.

Here you go:
Pastebin
Okay, let's try your CS:S textures. Do you have them ripped from a content pack or do you actually have the game bought and downloaded?
Bought the game.

Just for reference, I also unsubscribed from content and deleted it from addons to see if it was conflicting, but it's not working.
Nevermind, fixed now. Added -dxlevel 95 to launch options and it works.

Thanks for the help!
No worries! Let me know if this happens again.

Closed & Archived.