Limelight Forums

Full Version: Roleplay Events
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well hello.
So I return from a Gold training weekend and am perusing the forums when I see the thread regarding Blackout's Hollows event.
No access to my phone meant I couldn't give my two cents before it was closed, however it's not something I think should be brushed under the carpet with so many loose strings [insert another metaphor here].

So rather than go off on a tangent and scream conspiracies, let's have a discussion. Brynn and some of the others have already played peacekeeper, but we can go beyond smoothing things out and start building them up. Clearly some of the community isn't happy with how events are happening. That's fine, good even; it means there's room for improvement. 
I speak on behalf of the team when I say this: we're more than happy to listen to you if you're reasonable, calm, and justify your points.  

Give us problems. Throw out solutions. Add to each others' points.

Some questions to kick you off, if you want them:

Do you enjoy Limelight events? What marks a good event (gangs/clans/groups, the build, immersion/interactivity, duration)? Are events better planned or impromptu? 
Would you want to be more involved in the creation of events? Are players given the means to host their own events? 
What are your thoughts on the REP system; how can it be made more fair?
My two cents:

Events are a good thing however I've got one problem with them:
They shouldn't be hosted on the live server and only on the event server as what tends to happen is your trying to do your average Joe RP and their's either :

1) Entire population of the server at the event 
2) The city is taken over from the event.

Apart from that scenario events are a good thing and a great way for the staff team to interact with the community for a bit of fun however sometimes which could seem like just pure mingery is admins firing rocket launchers into the crowd of people at events, events if possible should be based around passive stuff and perhaps the occasional aggressive event.

The majority of players who wish to host a event most of the time can't due to lack of props, lack of admin supervision in terms of the event or the event fails as not enough people attend.

The REP system is a good system however it's come to a point where people are trying to get REP restricted items such as the sign, bus however can't do so as REP's are nearly impossible to get compared to 9 months ago where you would at least see 5-6 REP's given out per day however I feel like because of this over-use of REP system around 9 months ago it has effected the REP system now as admins arn't too keen to hand out REP's to people as they don't want to turn the REP system back what it was 9 months ago where you could simply open up a shop, wait 30-40 minutes and receive a rep for just sitting in a shop.

TLBig GrinR Events are a good thing, REP system is 50/50, at end of the day I support events.
/rant
My personal perspective of the REP system, which are thought culminated from both a 'regular player' perspective and an administrator perspective...I hardly ever see roleplay which i'd even consider REP worthy..I hardly ever see roleplay at all actually...I often look for it too.

I feel that the standard of roleplay has definitely slipping generally speaking since the great exodus upon limelight's conception. At least from my personal point of view, I don't give out many reps not because i'm oblivious to the roleplays, but simply because there's a lack of roleplay.

One thing to note though, I do believe 'events' should be more frequent, but not in their current form. Events should mostly be small and dynamic roleplays centred around a handful of players, or a certain job role on the server. Back all those years ago when I was mod, myself and others would often create fires in the apartments, or fake car crash scenes and such...That's what I think needs to be more common..Much more.

In regards to the events with all the bells and whistles and such..it's completely up to the host's discretion on what they do, what it's about...If the player doesn't enjoy it, they can and should leave..Kind of a non brainer.

All I want is a /letterbox command to make dramatic scenes...(Black bars)...Also a plugin to play music on the live server for these exact events
WHERES MY FUCKING REP I STOOD THERE FOR 5 HOURS DOING SICK AZZ IDLE RP, DAT GENERATOR? IT GOT FUCKING LITTTT! THAT STORY CLIMAX? IT WAS FUKIN' SHITTTT!

Shoutout to my boys in E4
Not everybody receive reps in events cause theres alot people doesnt roleplay decently , second people shouldn argue or say "was a shit" instead help or talk with Admins to improve the roleplay , events are good but they need to be well done , next time just help or make the whole server stop and build a huge roleplay so everyone can enjoy but help , dont argue
I like events, especially when they are started by certain people. (Theo before he resigned, Soviet, and so on) I like more fast paced RP events than slow paced wait for the story to unravel RP events because personally I feel like I could be doing something else more useful. I personally enjoy Gang and Clan RP because I like Aggresive RP and working as a team. One of my favorite RP's was when Enzyme and Theo started burning the whole city and setting up bombs, the President had to call the Police/Swat to patrol for bombs and Firemen made good money. My fingers hurt if I have anything else to say I'll edit this shit.
Just thought I'd add to this.

"I hardly ever see roleplay at all actually...I often look for it too." - Jono.

I'd like to disagree on that point.

I've been hopping on the servers every now and then and the majority of the time I come across an RP. Whether it's one the public can take part in or just a small one that a player has started to add a little more enjoyment to whatever he's doing. It was just yesterday I was doing some ClanRP and came across players fighting against the zombie horde that admins had setup. Players took the initiative to build a safezone and draw in survivors to protect.

I think what needs to be said here is that given the right circumstance and timing, people are happy to take a part in, or even better, start their own RP's.

EDIT: No offence intended Jono, I'm just adding to your point <3
(Oct 30, 2016, 12:18 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]My two cents:

They shouldn't be hosted on the live server and only on the event server as what tends to happen is your trying to do your average Joe RP and their's either :

Apart from that scenario events are a good thing and a great way for the staff team to interact with the community for a bit of fun however sometimes which could seem like just pure mingery is admins firing rocket launchers into the crowd of people at events, events if possible should be based around passive stuff and perhaps the occasional aggressive event.

The majority of players who wish to host a event most of the time can't due to lack of props, lack of admin supervision in terms of the event or the event fails as not enough people attend.

The REP system is a good system however it's come to a point where people are trying to get REP restricted items such as the sign, bus however can't do so as REP's are nearly impossible to get compared to 9 months ago where you would at least see 5-6 REP's given out per day however I feel like because of this over-use of REP system around 9 months ago it has effected the REP system now as admins arn't too keen to hand out REP's to people as they don't want to turn the REP system back what it was 9 months ago where you could simply open up a shop, wait 30-40 minutes and receive a rep for just sitting in a shop.

TLBig GrinR Events are a good thing, REP system is 50/50, at end of the day I support events.
/rant

This.

Otherwise event server please, different maps can improve the events so much.
(Nov 2, 2016, 01:02 PM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]

/rant

This.

Otherwise event server please, different maps can improve the events so much.

This.

Seriously, we need new maps for events.

/rant
1) Events.
events should be more frequent, like a mini event on weekends and a big one every month. it could range from a lot of things: hospitals,  labs, car shows and so on.
but the problem is another: mostly there is no fun in doing /it and /me. the server needs to be more interactive. for example:
- some jobs should be revamped. good ways to do that would be lowering the effectiveness of fishes,  for example, to make people resort to chefs, or having revived people have to be taken to the hospital for further medication, otherwise they'd be limping around.
2) the REP system. hoo boy if it's shit.
the restrictions are completely casual, in my opinion. i do not understand why an ultra fast RV that is a battering ram or a fire truck (basically the same) requires no REP, but a fire chief suburban requires two. or why basically combat armor as a citizen (gas mask) requires 0 reps while a gas mask as SWAT requires one. or why you cannot submit roleplays for evaluation and you have to be found ingame  by an admin and if not, no candy for you? i think the only factor that should influx REP restriction of an item is potential danger to others or disruption of roleplay. nothing else

Pat

"or why basically combat armor as a citizen (gas mask) requires 0 reps while a gas mask as SWAT requires two" - Francy

It requires one government REP. Not 2
I personally think that the event system we have now is good but only missing a few things that would make it so much better. Now I have recently made a Zombie apocalypse event and we've had some small issues that were a bit of a problem.

The things I believe that we are missing

- Having the inventory of the Event Server Map carry out on the main CityRP 2 Servers, the reason is this a big issue is that when we want to spawn in weapons for players to use to shoot zombies or role-play with them we'll have to worry about them not holstering the weapon and keeping it on the main servers. Same goes with food and any other CityRP 2 items that are given to players, which is why we didn't give them any.

- Event Currency, in the RP events when someone is role-playing a transaction it is offten very confusing on how it should be done, should the player use their own money? that would be unfair. Should the player do a /me and pretend that they gave away money? that's also a bit over-powered since players can do /me pays for most expensive gun. And gets the best weapon in store for example. 

- Having to setup player models for everyone, every time they respawn. We had to give people their IC models a lot of times after they died which made it very annoying at times where we are trying to do something and a player needs his model/items. There should be a command that pre-sets models for player groups (Like, Police Models) for admins to use only on the event server.

- Finding and giving players food, something that I didn't think would be a problem is that most players came on the event server with no food and expected it to be given to them, now that is an issue with the keep-inventory that carries out to the main servers as I mentioned above. 

- Admins should be able to spawn more than one car. In the event we did not too long ago we needed to spawn some cars but we were only limited to few (1 - 2) So we had to ask some of the players to spawn their own cars in. Admins should have a way to spawn more than one car only on the event server. 

I think with some of these things adjusted would be a pretty cool thing to make events with, it sure would be a whole lot easier  ;)
(Nov 6, 2016, 06:14 PM)TheC0ntrolFr3ak Wrote: [ -> ]"or why basically combat armor as a citizen (gas mask) requires 0 reps while a gas mask as SWAT requires two" - Francy

It requires one government REP. Not 2

fixed. no need to be a bragger
(Nov 6, 2016, 02:45 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]

/rant
∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

This.