Limelight Forums

Full Version: Can the hostage taker command police go away or put away their weapon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As i have know that officer or SWAT will not drop their weapon IRL or leaving the area IRL. but it is highly frequently being requested in LL and extremely tricky to deal with it in my eyes.Are they allowed to do so and is that breaking Fear RP if the Police Not following it?
If you say ''drop your weapons'' or ''leave the area'' or else I will kill the hostage and they dont follow your orders it will be failrp as they dont value the hostage's life
(Oct 28, 2016, 05:02 PM)ICEKILLER_99 Wrote: [ -> ]If you say ''drop your weapons'' or ''leave the area'' or else I will kill the hostage and they dont follow your orders it will be failrp as they dont value the hostage's life

You can see many vedio from youtube that nearly no one would leave the hostage there and follow the hostage taker said,they stay on site meet their demand and thats it.

But in LL the hostage taker start some ridiculous request such as "Drop the weapon" "Get away from *somewhere* etc * which after asking Goigle,officer never do those IRL
Police and SWAT are not obligated to follow the demands of a hostage taker, but they also can't recklessly endanger the hostage's life. Clearly the hostage taker cant just keep the police away permanently and cant just demand everything he wants because "lol FearRP". It depends on the situation, but generally there is nothing forcing the authorities to comply with the hostage taker's demands.

Edit: can we please stop calling a hostage "fearRP" for the police, because that makes no sense. You aren't terrified of someone you don't know dying. You don't want them to die but it's not the same as FearRP and doesn't apply the same rules in-game.
(Oct 28, 2016, 05:08 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]Police and SWAT are not obligated to follow the demands of a hostage taker, but they also can't recklessly endanger the hostage's life. Clearly the hostage taker cant just keep the police away permanently and cant just demand everything he wants because "lol FearRP". It depends on the situation, but generally there is nothing forcing the authorities to comply with the hostage taker's demands.

I have seen people yelling brecking fearRP etc which feels salty as they got the hostage,they got the time but they can't stay under gun point,they order things that is ridiculous although that is legit for the pres in my eyes.but they started it from the beginning to the end which many of us falls into and making the hostage RP failed as hell as the negotiation went hell

I can see how you said,i should keep them in somewhere so that i can feel confident with my decision next time. thank you hardworking overlewd(In building :P)
(Oct 28, 2016, 05:01 PM)alan245 Wrote: [ -> ]As i have know that officer or SWAT will not drop their weapon IRL or leaving the area IRL. but it is highly frequently being requested in LL and extremely tricky to deal with it in my eyes.Are they allowed to do so and is that breaking Fear RP if the Police Not following it?

Having a hostage does not apply fearrp on the police/SWAT force.
Its not necessary to put your guns down, but if you dont you risk getting the hostage killed.
As far as I know it is not against the rules not to follow commands of a hostage taker.

or what Overlewd said...
(Oct 28, 2016, 05:12 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 28, 2016, 05:01 PM)alan245 Wrote: [ -> ]As i have know that officer or SWAT will not drop their weapon IRL or leaving the area IRL. but it is highly frequently being requested in LL and extremely tricky to deal with it in my eyes.Are they allowed to do so and is that breaking Fear RP if the Police Not following it?

Having a hostage does not apply fearrp on the police/SWAT force.
Its not necessary to put your guns down, but if you dont you risk getting the hostage killed.
As far as I know it is not against the rules not to follow commands of a hostage taker.
i have heard that fearRP applies on hostage once i join LL
From my experience telling the police and everyone to go away will never happen however you still do have to fear for the hostage life, because people are saying a "hostage isn't fearRP" doesn't give you the right just to shoot the hostage taker out right from no-where or to storm the building, setting up a sniper team to all fire on one command making sure the hostage taker is dead yeah that's fine however storming the building acting as rambo isn't realistic at all.
Depends if the hostage is at greater risk if you don't storm the building or assault the hostage taker's position. Normally happens when a hostage is killed by their captors or when the suspect is an active shooter, and the hostage taker loses their quarter with the police.
Back on the other community, there were guidelines for FearRP. These also included a section about hostage situations. This section mentioned that you must follow FearRP for the hostage, and value their life. However this guideline/rule has not been carried over to LimeLight. But this is where the misconception comes from. It has been stated by several LimeLight Staff Members, and Senior Staff Members that players are not required to abide by FearRP for the hostage, and they do not have to meet the demands. But they should be cautious and try to form a plan for securing the hostage, rather then just writing them off from the start.
1 - "drop ur guns! we have a hostage!"

2- "No! Give yourself up and nobody has to get hurt"

1 - "u have to cuz fearrp"

2 - "Okay fine, we'll put our guns away"

1 - "now ur our hostages too lol"

2 - "Fuck"

Do you have a understanding of an answer for your question now?
(Nov 14, 2016, 05:27 PM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you have a understanding of an answer for your question now?

Yeah,Sours Tongue
Excellent.

Thread closed and archived.