Limelight Forums

Full Version: [Important] Question & Answer about ECSE V2 (Q&A)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: kRFGfuc.png]

Question and Answer about ECSE
Feel free to ask any questions about the new ECSE down below!

Current Questions:
What will be the key differences between ECSE v1 and ECSE v2? Will there be any major design changes?
Will playing the markets, while yes illegal irl, be counted as exploiting?
(Oct 27, 2016, 11:24 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]What will be the key differences between ECSE v1 and ECSE v2? Will there be any major design changes?

The key differences between ECSE V1 and ECSE V2 are:
- The entire back-end is re-written.
- Ability to transfer shares between people allows the ability for stock broking
- CAW - Clan Activity Watcher stats based off in-game events tracked automatically
- None buggy graphs
Other differences which can not be revealed until a later date sorry ;(

No design changes sadly.
(Oct 27, 2016, 11:44 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Will playing the markets, while yes illegal irl, be counted as exploiting?

It will not be counted as exploiting however we have to come to a fine line: 
We've discussed the scenario multiple times and come to the conclusion that playing the market in a illegal way will not work as what is stopping you doing it multiple times? Banning you permanent from the market will just create salty people, a 15 minute arrest in-game people would just AFK to have the ability to gain millions at a time?
TLBig GrinR Playing markets will not happen sadly ;(
(Oct 27, 2016, 11:49 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 27, 2016, 11:44 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Will playing the markets, while yes illegal irl, be counted as exploiting?

It will not be counted as exploiting however we have to come to a fine line: 
We've discussed the scenario multiple times and come to the conclusion that playing the market in a illegal way will not work as what is stopping you doing it multiple times? Banning you permanent from the market will just create salty people, a 15 minute arrest in-game people would just AFK to have the ability to gain millions at a time?
TLBig GrinR Playing markets will not happen sadly ;(

Feck :c
Will we get refunds for any funds and stocks left in ECSE V1?
When it will be online?
(Nov 20, 2016, 10:08 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Will we get refunds for any funds and stocks left in ECSE V1?

If I understood correctly, when Mathias was still a dev, he issued the refunds from ECSE v1 automatically. Don't quote me on that though as I'm not sure it actually happened.
Stickied.
Is this dead? or?
not anymore.

ecse2 is still being worked on.
Due to certain circumstances things have changed which have made the proccess longer, unsure on how much I can say but it isn't dead.