Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unable to Load into EU Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya!

So for the past two days I have been trying to return back to Limelight RP on Gmod, having had played for a decent while before and have been a proud donator of the community. However upon loading into the server via Gmod, I seem to can't get past the "Downloading settings/spawnlist/letters.txt" in the loading screen. My game at this point freezes and does not respond to any inputs, locking me out of task manager and access to my taskbar, thus only being solved by signing out or shutting down my PC unit.

I have downloaded all of the content packs as I should. have the map properly installed and have already committed a new clean install of Gmod after clearing the local files. I also have verified the game cache multiple times.

If anyone can provide some assistance in this matter, it would be certainly appreciated. Thanks!
I had this problem once I believe and I fixed it by staying within the Garry's Mod window whilst I join in. Please let me know if this does/doesn't work for you though so I can suggest alternatives.
As in stay with the game open and the only active window? I have done that already and also have had it where it was the only program running. (Outside of system processes, Steam, and etc.)
Have you attempted to verify your GMOD files?
As I said in the initial thread post, yes, I verified my game cache and files. That resulted in no progress.
I also had this problem Try disabling ALL of you're addons see if you can get into the game that way.
Will try that when I have the next availability to. I'll update on if that solves it or not.
Ok thank you. If this is still a problem   might be able to Help you out. They are  the wizards here.
I had the same problem a few months back i just uninstalled gmod and installed it again however as you said this dosent work for you. I would suggest getting all the content again (Click Here) and maybe get the CS:S content and the HL2 content. Also, how long did you wait on the screen for when it said Downloading "settings/spawnlist/letters.txt". If you are waiting around 2-3 Minutes i suggest waiting around 5-10 minutes it might take a while to download (I think that also worked for me)

Has Rocks suggestion fixed your issue?
Any updates to this?