Limelight Forums

Full Version: [Guide] Roleplay Experience Points (REPs)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is a REP?
Roleplay Experience Points (REPs) are points given to you by (teachers, moderators, admins/dev-admins, super admins) to commend you for high quality roleplay on the server. You can check your REPs by using the /rep command.

Why should I care?
Your REPs are permanent and are displayed on the scoreboard in-game, which makes you stand out. They are a great way to show your enthusiasm in roleplay when applying to a clan or a serious event. In addition to that, you get access to a higher prop limit and access to useful items which are otherwise locked.

Prop limit:
You get +10 props per REP you have, up to a maximum of +50 props when you have 5 REPs. If you would normally have 40 props as a donator or player with 200+ hours, with 5 REPs your new prop limit would be 90! That is a huge potential boost in prop limit.

[OUTDATED] Item Rewards (Unlocked for purchase and use from market once REP requirement reached):

How do I get a REP?

This question pops up all the time in OOC and /help. The short answer is: you get it when a staff member thinks your roleplay is of a high enough quality to issue one to you. You may think that answer doesn't really help but it is important to know that there is no "100% formula" to getting REP. Further below are general guidelines of what can make a roleplay successful and things you can do to improve your chances of getting REP.

Do something you enjoy.

This one is probably the cliche that everyone has heard before but it's true. If you do a roleplay you don't want to do just because you were told you can get REP doing it is not the right way to go about it. Trust me as I am speaking from experience: if you don't like your own roleplay it is obvious to other players and to staff, and you are very likely to get frustrated after a while. If you are enthusiastic about your roleplay and enjoy it, there is an entirely different feel to it which will make people more likely to join in, not to mention that you subconsciously put more effort and detail into it.

Involve people.
This one is important. If you have a lot of people participating in your roleplay you not only create a good RP atmosphere on the server but also show that other people also find your roleplay fun. Having many different personalities in one place can also lead to many spontaneous mini-events that are great for extra roleplay. Certain roleplays unfortunately will find it very dificult to attract people due to human nature - there needs to be an incentive for people to participate. I will take an example of an internet cafe RP - which is very rarely successful. The reason for this is that they see no customers - players don't want to come into a small room with props to sit there and type a few /mes and walk out, it's not "fun" and there is no benefit to players from becoming "customers". A roleplay like that needs to either have something very unique in it that interests players or give some sort of in-game benefit, or simply already have a lot of people participating already. Roleplay revolving around the Gun Dealer, Doctor, etc. jobs is easier in this regard because there is a clear reason why players would want to come to your shop - for in-game items and services. Restaurants see varying success based on their location and build quality, but still have people come for the food items if nothing else.

Be creative and original.
As with other things on this list this is not a requirement for getting REPs, but if your roleplay incorporates the other elements listed here AND is something very few people have done before, it is much more likely that people, staff including, will notice and take an interest in it. Cafes are nice, but have you heard of those weird guys in black suits covering up a large metal object in the lake?

Stand out in large roleplays.
When RPing in a large group of people, make sure you are actually a part of the roleplay. If you simply stand among the crowd and watch the roleplay unfold you may find yourself in a position where other people get REPs but you don't. It is very common for roleplays involving large groups to only have the select few players receiving REPs, this is especially true for events - so try to stand out. Don't overdo it though, you don't want to ruin everyone else's experience by butting yourself into every situation you see and generally being obnoxious.

Roleplay in good dupes.
REPs are given for good roleplay, not your buildng skills, however having a nice looking dupe that is appropriate for the roleplay is vital to achieving some of the previous points discussed in this wall of text. Good dupes attract people, and they also improve immersion, encouraging everyone to roleplay more seriously.

Don’t ask for REP.
Please. I have to emphasize how much it kills the mood when someone who is doing so well with their RP suddenly goes and complains about not getting a REP in OOC or /help or @ or whatever. The fact is, staff may be discussing giving you a REP at the exact moment you say that, and complaining about not getting a REP is the best way to get them to change their minds and NOT give you a REP. Indirectly asking for REP and doing things like “// do staff want to check out this RP it’s really good” is really obvious too and you are really better off not doing it. 

That’s it! Once again keep in mind that this is not a “get REPs fast 100%” guide, because there is no such thing. If you enjoy your roleplay, do plenty of /me’s and /it's, and interact with other players, you are very likely to get a REP eventually.

If you feel like there is something missing or wrong (e.g incomplete REP rewards list) feel free to message me on the forums or steam.

Credits
- formatting and helping me with writing (original thread)
- Help with updating this guide as of 15/10/17.
-Removed-
Guide unclear, got banned.
Just have to say that i took a look at this Guide for some months ago and it has really helped me. I went from 0 REP's to 9 REP's. Thanks for this guide Smile

I believe the bus required REP points has changed to 1 due to the new bus model update.

(Jan 1, 2017, 07:42 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Bus Orion |> Replacement for: Bus || You need 1 general REP instead of 3.
[Image: VhxTPfG.png]
Nice guide I really should start RP'ing with those tips because 311 hours!
Sucking dick for it is easier tho.
Does this need updating?
(Jun 18, 2017, 02:16 PM)Gamerpro2266 Wrote: [ -> ]Does this need updating?

Yes
It would be great if you wrote what exactly needs updating rather than stating that it needs updating, I don't really recall what REP costs were changed.  
i forgot what exactly got changed :p

Pat

(Jun 18, 2017, 04:08 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]It would be great if you wrote what exactly needs updating rather than stating that it needs updating, I don't really recall what REP costs were changed.  

The Fire Chief Suburban has changed from  2 Government REPs to 0. But only can be used in the Fire Chief Spot

1Goverment rep you can also unlock the police db from the market.
(Jun 21, 2017, 08:30 PM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ] 
1Goverment rep you can also unlock the police db from the market.

2 REPs it says on description but thank you, I was missing that.
pls tell me how to get 5 underground reps dad

gud guide m...overlewd
Pages: 1 2