Limelight Forums

Full Version: Veliptor/Ciryl - Blacklist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Veliptor

Issued by: [L²:M] Rocket

Blacklist ID: 69184

Server: Evocity_V4b1

Why should you be unblacklisted?:
We were doing some mafia roleplay as the Corleone job (I was Don), when one of my mafia members was being arrested, so I went to his aid I injured the police officer by shooting him with a Scar. The reason i shot the police officer and decided not to get him under fearRP was because I was Don and i didn't want to risk myself being seen or caught in that situation, I have been in situations like this in the past and had 0 problems even when I RP'd it with other admins. I do wish that Rocket would of at least approached me to speak to me about this case instead of taking a one sided story from someone which was probably pent up on salt.

I wasn't trying to prevent my 'friend' from being arrested I was trying to prevent a fellow member of a crime family from being arrested which I believe is roleplay standards if you think realistically.

The staff-members have received your unblacklist-request, Ciryl.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Good evening Ciryl.

Let me begin by saying that the reason why I haven't spoke to you before issuing the punishment was because you were no longer on the server at that time. So I was unable to communicate to you at that time. I have spoke with your Family Member In-character about the situation so it was clear to me what has happened before I issued the blacklist. I was sent this gif of what happened. 

https://gyazo.com/0772cbfc3d59256c5f5898fbf07af0bd
blob:https://imgur.com/cdd4984d-0a40-42a1-8759-1013fcd58c2b

We have banned and blacklisted players from shooting down or killing officers because of the officers arresting their friends for a long time, you should be already aware of that it is not allowed.  

There were so many other ways you could've approached this differently other than just shooting down the officer. Shooting or killing is always the last resort and you have enough experience to know that. 

- You could've put the police officer under FearRP and force him to let go of your Gang Member.
- You could've bribed the officer to let him go, since the mafia acts as a rich gang who often seen to bribe police officers. 
- You could've simply walked away and let your family member be arrested.

If you say you are the Don and you say that the reason you shot and didn't put him under FearRP was because you didn't want to get caught then shooting him down right next to the nexus isn't going to get you caught? the logic behind your argument is nonsensical. Sense shooting and killing an officer would get you more attention then just threatening or bribing the officer. 

As a don you wouldn't go through all of that trouble for only one of your Family Members.
First you could of contacted me on steam like you did for my Family Member In-character.

"We have banned and blacklisted players from shooting down or killing officers because of the officers arresting their friends for a long time"
Yes I know but I wasn't killing/shooting down a officer to save a friend as I stated it was to aid a family crime member.

Yes I was near the nexus hence why I was hidden in the garage when it took place and if anything your logic is moronic attempting to get a cop under fearRP or even trying to bribe him outside the Nexus would put me at much more risk at exposing myself and getting arrested, when I can leave him for dead and have no witnesses? As Don your members are your "family" hence the name given you protect each other not leave them to be arrested or worse.

As you stated I am experienced at the server I'm sure I know the rules pretty well, I take everything into caution before taking action.

Regarding the rules and if it's allowed to assist your friend if he's being arrested:

When it comes to Citizens, we've told people that they are not allowed to kill an Officer, even if their friend is being arrested.
We've also said the same to people with the job "Criminal" or something similar, and I believe that Blackdog has said that this would only be allowed if they were in the same gang, something I'd agree with.

Seeing how both George and Ciryl were Corleones in the same gang (technically speaking, the same family who conduct organized crime), I'd say that they had a valid reason for taking out the Officer. If Corleone-members aren't allowed to save their own friends from the Police then I don't see who would be allowed to do this. This is something that happens in-game all the time and is a part of the risk of trying to arrest a member of organized crime. I think that petty criminals should not be allowed to save their friend or "associate" from an arrest, but members of organized crime, or a family should be able to intervene. Clan-members also do this and this is something I view as fair game as long as they have a good enough reason to intervene.  

In my opinion, a rule-breakage did not take place here. It sounds like Ciryl had a valid reason for assisting George by taking out the Officer, even though this situation could have been avoided if a threat was not made.
After clearing out some misunderstandings on my behalf with an SA, I have had the confusion that us not allowing players as citizens to shoot-down police officers for arresting their friends is the same as mafia members shooting down police for arresting their other mafia members.

I apologize on that confusion. The blacklist will be removed from record and you will be unblacklisted.
Approved