Limelight Forums

Full Version: Headphone Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey.

I recently got Corsair Raptor HS40 headphones for my birthday, and I tried to plug them into my computer, and the computer recognises they're there and sound plays, but I can't hear the sound through the headphones?

Any ideas on how I can fix this?
Right click on the sound symbol at the bottom right, select playback devices. Make sure your headphones are set as default playback device.
(Oct 16, 2016, 02:32 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]Right click on the sound symbol at the bottom right, select playback devices. Make sure your headphones are set as default playback device.

I'm not quite sure how to actually make sure they are set as defualt playback device.

It says that Speakers are, but I don't have any speakers.
(Oct 16, 2016, 02:51 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 16, 2016, 02:32 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]Right click on the sound symbol at the bottom right, select playback devices. Make sure your headphones are set as default playback device.

I'm not quite sure how to actually make sure they are set as defualt playback device.

It says that Speakers are, but I don't have any speakers.

When you select your headphones there will be a button on the bottom (above OK, Cancel, Apply) that says "set default". It will have a green tick next to it if it's selected as default.
I just plugged the USB in and it said that the USB is not recognised
Have you downloaded the software from here?
https://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-ra...ng-headset
Yes I have.

I tried to set them as the default but it doesn't recognise the headphones as even being plugged in for some reason.
I had these exact ones. They broke the second day I had them and I couldn't get them to work. I took them back and got a corsair void. BEST HEADSET IVE EVER USED. -CORSAIR VOID-
(Oct 16, 2016, 04:09 PM)Arch.B Wrote: [ -> ]I had these exact ones. They broke the second day I had them and I couldn't get them to work. I took them back and got a corsair void. BEST HEADSET IVE EVER USED. -CORSAIR VOID-

If it is unable to recognise the USB, I recommened sending them back to your supplier from where you recieved them from to see if they are able to repair or get your a replacement. Remember to bring evidence of purchase... I have seen so many do it without evidence of purchase
I got them as a birthday present :/ and my brother refuses to accept they're broken
So just to clarify, at first the USB was recognised fine, sound is registered as playing but none is transmitted. Now, the USB isn't detected and the sound issues remain in question.

Is that right?
P much yes
Alright, have you tried giving it a shot in another USB port? If you're using the front USB ports on your case, try the back. If you're using the back ports on your motherboard, move to the front ports. I suspect it could be an issue with the port your using.

Have you made any progress with this?
Removing my mic cable took away the USB not recognised error
Pages: 1 2