Limelight Forums

Full Version: UnBan Request for BonBonz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: BonBonz    STEAM_0:0:68637519

Ban ID: 4189 

Banned by: [L²] Soviethooves

Server - v4b1

Ban Reason: Insulting in OOC 

Why should you be unbanned?: After a previous SRU handcuffed Hung, he was glitched with his hands behind his back. So I went over to cuff/uncuff him. Helping him was intentional, but insulting him was not. 
So I do apologise

Evidence:

*** Joseph Gavella starts to handcuff Puto Ortega.

*** Joseph Gavella clicks both cuffs over each hand therefore, finishing handcuffing
Puto Ortega.
Puto Ortega: and why am i being cuffed
*** Joseph Gavella removes the handcuffs from Puto Ortega.

(Local OOC) BonBonz: Im uncuffing you you stupid cunt
(PM) hung: check the PR section in a bit, i would like a response
(PM) To hung: I do apologise Smile was meant for in character chat

(PM) hung: too late

(PM) hung: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-12605.html

So again I apologise to Hung for insulting in OOC, but my intentions were to help you out of a situation. I understand my response wasn't needed in the manner that you received it, but rather a friendlier approach would've helped. x  
The staff-members have received your unban-request, MrBonbon.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
A friendlier approach would have helped, however you still chose the path you did.

Apologies are kind, but they can't bail you out of breaking a rule.
Where it would be relevant

I can understand that from the screenshot that he took, that I broke a rule, but it was intended for In-character chat, where more severe insults have been dished out than this.
The fact that I took the time to Private message him and apologise shows that my intent was not as it has been shown, that I didn't mean to insult him as I did.

I would have responded on the Player Report, but it was accepted within 2 minutes of it being posted. Where I should have been allowed to argue my side of the story and provide my console logs as seen above.

I would also take the time to inspect the evidence provided against me, shown below;

Here is the image used in the Player Report [Image: 422DAD577B2635E5DEB5B9AE2B331802F9A07A61]

I'd like to highlight a view issues; Firstly, this does not show, my character anywhere near 'Hungames.' 
Secondly, it does not show me cuffing or uncuffing him, not detailing the situation that happened prior to this, it shows me insulting no-one. It could have been directed at someone else or even a friend of mine that I was talking to out of character.
Without my evidence of my logs, it could have been a completely different person that I was talking to. 

I feel that the Ban was unfair as I didnt have the time to properly defend myself against it nor did the evidence show anything incriminating against me.
(Oct 7, 2016, 11:18 PM)MrBonbon Wrote: [ -> ]-SNIP-

You say there is no evidence of you being near my character, but your original post proves it
The insult was directed right at me. There is no denying it. The time in between the cuffing and the insult was very little.

-Involved-
(I posted the PR)
As you didn't read my above entry, allow me to bulletpoint for you;

(I'd like to highlight a view issues) 

'Firstly, this does not show, my character anywhere near 'Hungames.'

- This is in regards to the evidence of which you provided. A picture of you, standing at the side of the road, with my local out of character message on screen, but nothing else.

'Secondly, it does not show me cuffing or uncuffing him, not detailing the situation that happened prior to this, it shows me insulting no-one.'

- This is in regards to the evidence which I provided for my Unban request, as it is a requirement, where if I hadnt of had to provide it, your evidence what be completely irrelivant, it would be all that it is and as i've stated above; you, 'standing at the side of the road, with my local out of character message on screen.'

'It could have been directed at someone else or even a friend of mine that I was talking to out of character.'

- This is in regards to the Local out of character message you provided, along with no evidence of my being there. You could have been standing within the distance of a local out of character message, to hear it and use it to make this ban request, you could have used it, just because you had the time. I, myself, could have been speaking to a friend out of character, where his message is above and you haven't included it, a friend that wouldnt have taken offence to the comment I made.
I may have Pm'd you afterwards to apologise, where it would show that I did direct the comment to you, but if I hadn't of supplied that evidence, it wouldnt be on the forums at all.

--

What I will conclude with is this; my intention was not of false nature. I did not wish to place the comment in Local out of character.
Personally, I dont feel as though the evidence has shown enough for me to have been banned in the first place, I'm beside any other player, who might not have gone out of their way to Privately message you and apologise, you failed to include that in your Player report and ultimately made it out that I specifically went out of my way to insult you.

- I will await the Admins decision. -
Being sorry is not a reason for me not to post a PR on you. You blatantly insulted me and your evidence, along with mine proves it. I won't be posting any more
How was an LOOC sentence meant to be IC? I understand you can misspell a word maybe, but full on use a command for LOOC accidentally? Seems a bit convenient for your situation.

And I will repeat, apologies do not effect your rule breakage.
This will be opened for 24 hours before closure.
Denied